EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

3 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Do you think the Eagles will go after Curtis Samuel or who do you think is the most realistic FA option for the Eagles on Offense?

Nate Sudfeld on offense, Cre’von LeBlanc on defense.

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's not one of the options.  The JMcD option would be with the idea that Lowie would back the F off.  That's the whole point of the question, since either he wouldn't want the job since they wouldn't let him do his thing.  

Jesus Christ.  You guys suck at the "either or" scenario.  

Or you suck at presenting them

Bills looking for a veteran TE , maybe they want Ertz

Before re-signing with the Bucs, Rob Gronkowski considered a similar offer from the Bills... his hometown team. I'd expect the Bills to add a tight end at some point.

6 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

Easier to fix than we think.  Give me a CB and FS in the first two days of the draft.  That’s  CBs - Slay, rookie and Maddox in the slot. S - That’s rookie, Wallace with Epps as the nickel S.  If in day 3 a CB is the BPA, grab him.  Best of Arnold or Riley (I like Riley but Howie likes Arnold) at S. Best of James, Jacquet, rookie (like Daniels for example), UDFA, SFA (including LeBlanc) fills out the rest of the CBs.  Jacquet seems to fit what Gannon liked as CB. Riley close to that size at S.  

I agree, drafting good players is a start.  Let's hope they do and nail those picks.  Wallace didn't show me an ounce of potential as a rookie, I'd rather start Epps.  He actually graded out pretty high last year in the games he played.

Jacquet is garbage.  The only corber on the team I'm interested in seeing more of is Craig James.  The rest are UDFA JAGs. 

1 minute ago, metal said:

former Eagle tendered by the Packers

He's played really well there.  Go figure.

I know it’s not surprising but it’s insane to me how badly Howie messed up this organization. They have their hands tied and can’t even make offers to free agents because they’re still over the cap. What a nightmare to start out the new regime. 

15 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

That's not one of the options.  The JMcD option would be with the idea that Lowie would back the F off.  That's the whole point of the question, since either he wouldn't want the job since they wouldn't let him do his thing.  

And you are saying Lowie will keep backing off? I can see them saying what Josh wants to hear to get him to take the job but by draft day Lowie will be that kid with veins popping out of his head.

50 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

D-Line: Eagles by a lot

LB: Cowboys

CB: push, maaaaybe Cowboys?

S: Cowboys

I think their secondary was worse and the only bright spot was Diggs.  I think Slay is better than Diggs.  Other than that, I don't think there is a single player in their secondary that I think is a clear upgrade over the Eagles.  This was PFF review of Dallas's secondary:

29. DALLAS COWBOYS

Dallas wasn’t tested downfield nearly as much as other weak secondaries, facing just 151 targets over 10 yards downfield, yet the secondary still managed to give up 16 passing touchdowns of 15-plus-yards (tied for third-most). Thirteen of those were over 20 yards downfield, tying for the most in the NFL. When targeted over 10 yards downfield in general, Dallas gave up the second-worst passer rating (123.6).

On a more positive note, rookie corner Trevon Diggs made progress as his rookie campaign went on. He went from a 43.9 coverage grade in his first six games to 83.4 over his last six outings (missed four games due to injury).

This was their review of the Eagles:

20. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Led by Rodney McLeod, the Eagles' safety play wasn’t all that bad. They ranked sixth among the 32 safety units in coverage grade this season. However, the cornerback group — whether from the outside or in the slot — fared poorly. Philly produced the fourth-to-last coverage grade among all the cornerback units. Darius Slay was the highest-graded man in the group, but he still surrendered 1.4 yards per coverage snap on the outside (67th of 90 qualifiers). https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-secondary-rankings 

23 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Jags pulling ahead of us now especially after this draft lol 

Jacksonville needs a TE... What about 33 and 65 for 37, 69 and Ertz.  That's the equivalent to 70 draft points which is basically top 7 pick in 4nd round.  What I like about it is that 33 pick tends to hold more value as teams clamoring to move up at the start of round 2 to get the player they want.

56 minutes ago, Original Sin said:
When Jalen Mills arrived here there was talk of off the field issues at LSU. He turned out to be a very solid locker room guy who treated everyone with respect. He was also very coachable and gave everything he had as both a corner and a safety. I’ll miss the "green goblin”.

I wont.

Best of luck to him tho.  7th rounder who will end up playing many years in the NFL.   Had a great attitude and mindset.   Just not the skills to match.

8 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

And you are saying Lowie will keep backing off? I can see them saying what Josh wants to hear to get him to take the job but by draft day Lowie will be that kid with veins popping out of his head.

51y30n.jpg

3 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Was it the word "OR" that threw you off?  

Hypothetical question, sport.  

Nah, the horrible choices.

5 hours ago, Original Sin said:

they won’t tank , tank implies lose  on purpose , no coach will do that , they will play to win , they just may not win very much do to lack of talent . Losing breeds losing and a bad culture.

Didn't Jags tank for Trevor once Jets Fed up and won a game?

Also Colts for Luck years ago

3 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

Fitz is the man. He is in the same spot as Cam Newton, placeholder while they draft and develop the future of the franchise

I thought they signed him as a backup

Guest justrelax
33 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Since the discussion around the Eagles lately has been that Lowie wanted a puppet to be HC.  And we know that they spoke to Josh McDaniels for a decent period of time.  I think it was reported they interviewed him over the course of 2 days.  Then along comes Siriani.  Whom they also met with over the course or a couple days.  They decided to hire Siriani over JMcD and a handful of other guys.  A lot of fans and talking hands have been theorizing that they went with NS over JMcD because JMcD would not allow them to control him.  If we can take those leaps, then allow me to ask the group now. 

2 months after the fact.  Who would you rather have now?

- Josh McDaniels, with a lesser role from Howie regarding coaching staff, the final 53 and other micromanagement from Lurie.  So basically JMcD would have carte blanche as it pertains to the roster and most coaching decisions.  

OR

- Nick Siriani and the current puppeteering by Lowie.  

I don't make that leap or, perhaps more accurately, I would not ever want McDaniels to be given a free hand. He ruined that Denver team in his one foray outside NE, mixing ineptitude with arrogance, and he brought the same cheating attitude there that Belichick showed him in NE.

Put another way, what has he ever done well besides carry Belichick's water? Did he ever make the playoffs with a QB other than Brady? And does anyone like him? Could he put together a competent staff, especially considering his limited exposure to things non-Belichick?

I don't know Siriani from Syria but I think he has a better chance of putting together a decent staff, having worked under four HCs in the NFL. He certainly seems to have done well with Reich. Pity we didn't keep Reich and send Doug to Indy. That's a joke, son.

Put another way, no to McDaniels under any and all circumstances. And I want fresh blood, not another recycled stiff.

30 minutes ago, greend said:

I take either coach and Howie fired. I take Ronald McDonald as a coach/gm and Howie fired

Say goodbye to Taco Tuesday and hello to Big Mac Monday. 

22 minutes ago, greend said:

Why couldn't God have made me athletic and fast instead of soooooo damn good looking?

40 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Since the discussion around the Eagles lately has been that Lowie wanted a puppet to be HC.  And we know that they spoke to Josh McDaniels for a decent period of time.  I think it was reported they interviewed him over the course of 2 days.  Then along comes Siriani.  Whom they also met with over the course or a couple days.  They decided to hire Siriani over JMcD and a handful of other guys.  A lot of fans and talking hands have been theorizing that they went with NS over JMcD because JMcD would not allow them to control him.  If we can take those leaps, then allow me to ask the group now. 

- Josh McDaniels, with a lesser role from Howie regarding coaching staff, the final 53 and other micromanagement from Lurie.  So basically JMcD would have carte blanche as it pertains to the roster and most coaching decisions.  

OR

Who do you think is the better candidate to give Roseman a pair of cement shoes? The Mick or the Sicilian?

4 hours ago, bpac55 said:

I don't think many are complaining that the Eagles aren't signing anyone....it's more that their players are getting big money elsewhere and a frustration that they CAN'T sign anyone.  I don't think there are any signings yesterday outside of John Johnson that I said man I wish the Eagles could have signed that guy.  

I would have liked to have Mills back as a safety.  Good for Nelson on getting paid.  He bet on himself last year, played very well and he earned a great contract.

The complete sucky part is just watching other teams sign players while the Eagles are hand tied.  I think the Patriots paid a TON of money for a handful of very average players.  I honestly don't know what they were thinking.  

Average players have proven to be not so so average on the Patriots. Time will tell I guess.

32 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Josh McDaniels was the guy that made Tim Tebow a first round draft pick.  Josh McDaniels is the guy that backed out of his job.   Josh McDaniels is the worst possible option to point to if you want Lowie to back off.  Frankly, I trust Lowie more than McDaniels, at least Lowie are in this for the long haul.  McDaniels can screw up an organization and then flee like a cockroach.

53 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

OR

Check what McDaniels did to Denver, I'll take Sirianni. McDaniels demonstrated no ability to manage personnel. Few HCs do.

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

So you trust Lowie and what they have done to the team over the past 3 years over JMcD?    I wouldn't consider him a recycled stiff.  It was over a decade ago where he made his mistakes. Plus a recycled stiff just won the SB.   But at least you were cogent with your response, thank you.   

The fact that Lowie's mistakes are more recent than the horrific mistakes of McDaniels' mistakes doesn't make his mistakes less egregious.  

Archived