EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

8 minutes ago, Freshmilk said:

I'm going to put money on Ertz being released.  

How much?

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Chargers have the cap space , and could have chose to keep a quality TE in Henry , who is only 26 , instead he went to pats for 25 million guaranteed. 

they are not trading for Ertz and giving up a 3rd pick

Yeah I don't see the logic in swapping Henry for ertz. Doesn't make sense for SD.

4 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Chargers have the cap space , and could have chose to keep a quality TE in Henry , who is only 26 , instead he went to pats for 25 million guaranteed. 

What are the better options ?? Hoping Pitts falls to 13th pick of the draft ?? Sign 31 year old FA Kyle Rudholph ??

I think pick 97 is reasonable for Ertz.

3 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Getting a 3rd would mean there are other teams willing to part for at least that type of pick for Ertz.  I don't see that happening.  It does help the Eagles that there's not much out there in the way of FA TEs and Ertz would be an upgrade for a number of teams.  

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What are the better options ?? Hoping Pitts falls to 13th pick of the draft ?? Sign 31 year old FA Kyle Rudholph ??

Why not just wait until Ertz gets released? 

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

The better option was keeping Henry. 

If they didn't pay him why would they pay the older,  less athletic Ertz coming off a terrible season? And give up a draft pick to do it?

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

The better option was keeping Henry. 

If they didn't pay him why would they pay the older,  less athletic Ertz coming off a terrible season? And give up a draft pick to do it?

Ertz cap hit for team receiving him, 4.2 million, Henry just signed a deal averaging 13 million per.

They can sign Ertz to an extension, and he knows at this stage he is not getting 10 million per year.  Well, he better know, cause it ain't happening.

Teams yet to acquire a free agent from a different team: Bucs, Colts, Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Rams, Saints, Seahawks.

26 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I think they have less talent on defense than the Eagles.   I think Dallas having Dan Quinn is helpful but it's not like there's a lot of talent on that team aside from 2 decent LBs.  

D-Line: Eagles by a lot

LB: Cowboys

CB: push, maaaaybe Cowboys?

S: Cowboys

When Jalen Mills arrived here there was talk of off the field issues at LSU. He turned out to be a very solid locker room guy who treated everyone with respect. He was also very coachable and gave everything he had as both a corner and a safety. I’ll miss the "green goblin”.

12 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Interesting take 

In the first round?  Do any of these guys look past the first fifty players?  Overall, it is deeper for slot WR, CB, S, IOL than QB and OT.  OT after the first is about equal to LB, DE and DT.  IMHO, the QBs after the first two are questionable and the first three, except for the fact they are QBs shouldn’t have more than one go in the first ten and probably no more than three should go in the first round, if teams really didn’t have a tendency to overdraft QBs.  In this QB class, maybe one will be in the top ten QBs sometime during their career.  Maybe two will be mediocre starters and there may be a couple who have second contracts as backups.  The rest are likely flops.  

1 hour ago, Original Sin said:

They just let a quality  TE walk ,why would they want Ertz , and certainly not for a 3 

Because Ertz is cheaper. 

3 hours ago, garingovt2000 said:

Do you think the Eagles will go after Curtis Samuel or who do you think is the most realistic FA option for the Eagles on Offense?

I think they should but Howie and Jeff are moronic so I doubt it 

3 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

D-Line: Eagles by a lot

LB: Cowboys

CB: push

I'd say

D-line: push.  DeMarcus Lawrence and Aldon Smith are a pretty good duo at DE.  Their DT def aren't on par with Cox and Hargrave but they aren't bums either

LB: Cowboys but Jaylon Smith can be the worst linebacker in the NFL but also flashes as a stud at times.

CB: push with youth/potential going to Cowboys.   I think Trevon Diggs is going to be a solid CB

Coaching...who the heck knows

Our big move of FA

Hiring a PR person to spin this dumpster fire to the fanbase!

5 hours ago, greend said:

How will you know?

Probably wouldn’t.  That’s why the vaccine coordination in PA is such a disappointment. Just saw the nurse today. (Blood work). Doctor next week.  

35 minutes ago, Original Sin said:

Teams yet to acquire a free agent from a different team: Bucs, Colts, Eagles, Falcons, Packers, Rams, Saints, Seahawks.

Teams that probably won't this year: Eagles

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

What a coincidence we also have a young quarterback and already have a t.e. with that number that plays well with young qbs. How much over the cap are we?

10 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Since the discussion around the Eagles lately has been that Lowie wanted a puppet to be HC.  And we know that they spoke to Josh McDaniels for a decent period of time.  I think it was reported they interviewed him over the course of 2 days.  Then along comes Siriani.  Whom they also met with over the course or a couple days.  They decided to hire Siriani over JMcD and a handful of other guys.  A lot of fans and talking hands have been theorizing that they went with NS over JMcD because JMcD would not allow them to control him.  If we can take those leaps, then allow me to ask the group now. 

2 months after the fact.  Who would you rather have now?

- Josh McDaniels, with a lesser role from Howie regarding coaching staff, the final 53 and other micromanagement from Lurie.  So basically JMcD would have carte blanche as it pertains to the roster and most coaching decisions.  

OR

- Nick Siriani and the current puppeteering by Lowie.  

The puppet. I don't think there would be a lesser role from Howie or less micromanagement from Lurie if they hired McD. It would just be 3 people with in house fighting and all different views which probably sets the team back longer. 

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

The back half of the defense is wrecked.  It's going to take awhile to correct....better hope the offense is ready to be in a track meet.

Easier to fix than we think.  Give me a CB and FS in the first two days of the draft.  That’s  CBs - Slay, rookie and Maddox in the slot. S - That’s rookie, Wallace with Epps as the nickel S.  If in day 3 a CB is the BPA, grab him.  Best of Arnold or Riley (I like Riley but Howie likes Arnold) at S. Best of James, Jacquet, rookie (like Daniels for example), UDFA, SFA (including LeBlanc) fills out the rest of the CBs.  Jacquet seems to fit what Gannon liked as CB. Riley close to that size at S.  

56 minutes ago, downundermike said:

That's a compensatory 3rd I believe. Unlikely, but that's probably the best case scenario.

14 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Since the discussion around the Eagles lately has been that Lowie wanted a puppet to be HC.  And we know that they spoke to Josh McDaniels for a decent period of time.  I think it was reported they interviewed him over the course of 2 days.  Then along comes Siriani.  Whom they also met with over the course or a couple days.  They decided to hire Siriani over JMcD and a handful of other guys.  A lot of fans and talking hands have been theorizing that they went with NS over JMcD because JMcD would not allow them to control him.  If we can take those leaps, then allow me to ask the group now. 

2 months after the fact.  Who would you rather have now?

- Josh McDaniels, with a lesser role from Howie regarding coaching staff, the final 53 and other micromanagement from Lurie.  So basically JMcD would have carte blanche as it pertains to the roster and most coaching decisions.  

OR

- Nick Siriani and the current puppeteering by Lowie.  

I take either coach and Howie fired. I take Ronald McDonald as a coach/gm and Howie fired

Just now, LeanMeanGM said:

Why couldn't God have made me athletic and fast instead of soooooo damn good looking?

Archived