EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams will be giving later rd picks away , some of the deeper teams might go 4 maybe 5 rds and call it a draft 

Looks like the Ravens are replacing Brown with Villaneuva - with a player determined to leave a running down contract, don't blame the Ravens for the trade  Other than making the Chiefs a lot better.

Howie said in the PC this week that Seumalo gives them flexibility.  It could be a C or G drafted; if the Eagles had Humphrey on the board at #37 they might pick him, but the same holds true for Wyatt Davis — slide Seumalo to C and Davis becomes your LG of the future.

43 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Exactly, after Sewell and Slater you cant reach for another Oline player at 12. I wouldnt touch a Dline player till late first or even 2nd round. Honestly Id rather pick up Dline in the mid rounds. With that, if Sewell and Slater are gone, we have options of Horn or Surtain. If they are gone we know they wont take LB so your options are trade back again or WR. We are at the mercy of the boards. 12 really is a tough spot on how the board can fall. 

Paye and Vera-Tucker are now almost unanimously rated top 15 picks. I’d take either of those over Smith if both corners and Slater are gone. 

1 minute ago, wtfcares said:

Paye and Vera-Tucker are now almost unanimously rated top 15 picks. I’d take either of those over Smith if both corners and Slater are gone. 

I would feel apprehensive about Devonta Smith as the #12 pick

I would feel physically ill about Paye being the pick; he’s just not a first round talent 

9 minutes ago, UK Eagle said:

Looks like the Ravens are replacing Brown with Villaneuva - with a player determined to leave a running down contract, don't blame the Ravens for the trade  Other than making the Chiefs a lot better.

No.  Brown wanted out because Staley will be the LT

Man, some people are taking the RPS thing way too seriously. He's just trying to have a little fun with the prospects. Getting them to loosen up. Show who they are a little. He's not going to knock a guy if they're not into playing the game. Jeesh.

RPS doesn't even gauge competitiveness, it's just throwing out one of 3 options randomly and hoping you are lucky. He should play Risk or Monopoly with prospects. My one Aunt and Uncle banned Monopoly and threw it away because it led to too many fights.

Love the trade for KC. Brown is better than any tackle you're going to get at 31. Getting a 2 back is nice, too.

15 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

RPS doesn't even gauge competitiveness, it's just throwing out one of 3 options randomly and hoping you are lucky. He should play Risk or Monopoly with prospects. My one Aunt and Uncle banned Monopoly and threw it away because it led to too many fights.

Let’s say they have 2 guys at the same position that they have the same grade on. The 1st plays RPS is positive, outgoing, and energetic. The other is annoyed, and just wants it over with. Who are you gonna pick if they are both there?

It’s a silly method, but it can give you an idea who is more coachable and is gonna bring a better attitude to the locker room.

At worst case, it’s an ice breaker and could make someone feel more comfortable.

I really don’t see a downside to it honestly. The only problem I see now is how many people are making fun of Siri. It’s a big reason coaches don’t open up and say stuff like "we are fine there”

34 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Man, some people are taking the RPS thing way too seriously. He's just trying to have a little fun with the prospects. Getting them to loosen up. Show who they are a little. He's not going to knock a guy if they're not into playing the game. Jeesh.

If only our coach would have said that instead of making a fool out of himself by talking about competitiveness over a child’s game of chance. 

22 minutes ago, schuy7 said:

Love the trade for KC. Brown is better than any tackle you're going to get at 31. Getting a 2 back is nice, too.

They gave up the equivalent of the No. 40 pick for a guy they’re about to pay huge money to, and he’s not particularly great at LT. Weird deal IMO. 

9 hours ago, RLC said:

Jeff Ireland, then the GM of Miami, asked Dez Bryant if his mother was a prostitute.

Ireland is now considered the best drafter in the NFL.

A real Pro's pro.

12 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I think the intrigue of the 3rd overall pick by SF has prevented the Falcons from making a pre-draft trade at #4.  Most people "close to Shanahan’s thinking” are reporting the pick will be Jones, their actions pre-draft are pointing to Lance being the pick 

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

you couldnt be more wrong.

51 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

If only our coach would have said that instead of making a fool out of himself by talking about competitiveness over a child’s game of chance. 

You can think of it that way. But someone who is hyper competitive is going to show some emotion while winning or losing. People who truly hate to lose dont care if its a super bowl, or a childs game of chance. They will make things competitive even if they are doing something thats not normally competitive. 

4 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

You can think of it that way. But someone who is hyper competitive is going to show some emotion while winning or losing. People who truly hate to lose dont care if its a super bowl, or a childs game of chance. They will make things competitive even if they are doing something thats not normally competitive. 

Lol

58 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

They gave up the equivalent of the No. 40 pick for a guy they’re about to pay huge money to, and he’s not particularly great at LT. Weird deal IMO. 

I think teams that are close (or think they're close), which the Chiefs obviously are, are willing to make "all in" moves to sure up the few gaps they have even if they have to overpay.  They needed new tackles......badly, and the SB will only remind them of that more and more.  Brown is a clear, proven upgrade compared to who played in the SB. 

Even in the draft........The Chiefs last year picked CEH in the 1st round.  While I hate the value of a RB in the 1st, that was really their only weakness the year before, and they still won the SB.  The 49ers are doing it this year and giving up way too much IMO.  

9 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Lol

I guess if you arent competitive, or dont know anyone that competitive youd think its funny. 

21 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Imagine where we'd be now if we gave up that 2 for Lamb.

For the record, I didn't want to do it.

Imagine if we hadnt won that stupid game vs the cowboys...

that would have been our pick

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

I guess if you arent competitive, or dont know anyone that competitive youd think its funny. 

I’m laughing because you think you have to explain what being hyper competitive means, like we all haven’t watched The Last Dance or seen a Kobe or Jordan interview. 

But let’s think about this logically. NFL scouts have spent months studying and investigating these prospects, interviewing in upwards of 20 people about a prospect — high school teachers, bartenders, athletic trainers, teammates, coaches, etc. Surely in their research they’ve discovered whether a guy is competitive or not. And surely a game of Rock Paper Scissors will not give any real insight into that players’ competitiveness. 

3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

I’m laughing because you think you have to explain what being hyper competitive means, like we all haven’t watched The Last Dance or seen a Kobe or Jordan interview. 

But let’s think about this logically. NFL scouts have spent months studying and investigating these prospects, interviewing in upwards of 20 people about a prospect — high school teachers, bartenders, athletic trainers, teammates, coaches, etc. Surely in their research they’ve discovered whether a guy is competitive or not. And surely a game of Rock Paper Scissors will not give any real insight into that players’ competitiveness. 

Sirianni says you're wrong.

Also, you dont need to be competitive to watch a Kobe or Jordan interview. So you  may have watched those and still have no idea what it is to be competitive by nature. Youre pretty much telling us you are not.

Archived