EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Yea but they can extend him next year or even tag him. Two years $18Mish total. It's a good deal imo.

So the Chiefs have added Orlando Brown Jr., Thuney, Kyle Long, and Austin Blythe this off-season

3 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

So the Chiefs have added Orlando Brown Jr., Thuney, Kyle Long, and Austin Blythe this off-season

1 hour ago, Alphagrand said:

I sure hope Chase Young didn’t show up drunk for that game, because that one game is all I’ve ever seen, read or heard about Rashawn Slater.

Watch more because he is really really good

13 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  I’ve been only saying this for like.....ever.  But people want another pass catcher.  

In fairness, I think we would like at least one pass catcher.. 

2 hours ago, greend said:

Then why do I have to wear a mask in public?

So kids don't run away screaming. 

33 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Chiefs overpaid like crazy in a really good OT draft. 

I don't understand that trade at all for them.  

21 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Yep.  I’ve been only saying this for like.....ever.  But people want another pass catcher.  

As long as we use 2 of the 4 1st rounders we have in the next 2 drafts on OL, we should be good.

3 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

As long as we use 2 of the 4 1st rounders we have in the next 2 drafts on OL, we should be good.

That's grossly overpaying for OL.  We may very well have our bookend tackles.  I want to both Dillard and Mailata prove it this year.  I don't want to use a 1st this year on OT.  I'm not taking a guard or center in Round 1 either.  Once you get in to round 2/3 then yes but no, 2 of the4 should not be on OL.

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

FYP

Then how will they boo him??

Just now, bpac55 said:

That's grossly overpaying for OL.  We may very well have our bookend tackles.  I want to both Dillard and Mailata prove it this year.  I don't want to use a 1st this year on OT.  I'm not taking a guard or center in Round 1 either.  Once you get in to round 2/3 then yes but no, 2 of the4 should not be on OL.

Not this year, but I wouldn't be upset of we got a starting right tackle and a starting guard out if next year's draft.  Obviously, only if Hurts and Mailata pan out.  I'm not sure Dillard can be a right tackle.

Imagine if we had that scenario in this year's draft (3 1sts and Johnson and Brooks not making it a whole season and Kelce on the verge of retirement) and we came away with Slater and Darrisaw/Jenkins.  It wouldn't be that bad.

If Hurts proves to be our QB moving forward and we give him weapons this year, we have to build the offensive line next year.

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I’m talking first few picks.  

I know - I think O-line would be a better pick than DE.  I am just not convinced that any of the first round prospects are worth a top 15 pick.  I would really like to see them pick up Horn.  I am not sure he will be there at 12.  I also think Parsons would be a reasonable pick even if the value for the position is high.  I think he's likely to be a productive pro and it's important they hit on this pick.  Slater or Sewell would also be good picks and if they trade up to 8 or 9, either would be a good pick up.  

2 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

You’re out of your mind.  He’s right.  We need to invest in the O Line.  Dillard is a bum.  Mailata is still raw.  Lane is old. Brooks is old. Kelce is old.  If Mailata pans out then we only need one Tackle.  But we need at least 1.  

I'm not saying we don't need to invest.  I'm saying we don't need to invest our high picks on OL. 

Mailata is raw but is now a 4-year investment.  He's either one of our starting tackles of the future or he isn't.  Someone will pay him to start in the NFL, he's not coming back to be a swing tackle in 2022.

Dillard may very well be a bum but we have 2 draft picks invested in him.  I'm not giving up on him yet.  I've been a huge critic of his but I want the guy to succeed.

Brooks and Lane, while old, with an optimist view could lock down the right side for 5 more years if they stay healthy. 

Seumalo is a steady LG.  I'm 100% fine with him starting.

The only OL position that is a MUST FILL is center.  Kelce is done after this year and we have nothing.

Creed at Pick 37 makes sense if he's the BPA. Takes care of Center for the next decade possibly.

Think there are some later round picks this year that could switch positions and excel at the next level. Kayode Awosika is one of them out of Buffalo. OT who will move inside and could be one helluva mauling OG in a year or two. Probably there in the 5th round, maybe even 6th.

Let the OT position ride for a year. One of Mailata or Dillard will be a long-term starter. Driscoll has potential at RT as he looked above-average there before his injury. Next year with all the ammunition should be in a spot to grab a top OL in the 1st.

13 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Not this year, but I wouldn't be upset of we got a starting right tackle and a starting guard out if next year's draft.  Obviously, only if Hurts and Mailata pan out.  I'm not sure Dillard can be a right tackle.

Imagine if we had that scenario in this year's draft (3 1sts and Johnson and Brooks not making it a whole season and Kelce on the verge of retirement) and we came away with Slater and Darrisaw/Jenkins.  It wouldn't be that bad.

If Hurts proves to be our QB moving forward and we give him weapons this year, we have to build the offensive line next year.

OK so we're playing a game of If.

If Hurts proves to be the QB moving forward that's awesome.

If Dillard proves he's a 1st round pick LT/RT then you don't need to draft a tackle

If Mailata continues to develop and grow at LT or RT then you don't need to draft a tackle.

If Brooks stays healthy, you don't need to draft a RG.

You have Seumalo at LG.

If those things happen your OL is set.  You still have Herbig, Driscoll and Toth as your backups along with 2021 G/C picks.

15 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

I know - I think O-line would be a better pick than DE.  I am just not convinced that any of the first round prospects are worth a top 15 pick.  I would really like to see them pick up Horn.  I am not sure he will be there at 12.  I also think Parsons would be a reasonable pick even if the value for the position is high.  I think he's likely to be a productive pro and it's important they hit on this pick.  Slater or Sewell would also be good picks and if they trade up to 8 or 9, either would be a good pick up.  

Exactly, after Sewell and Slater you cant reach for another Oline player at 12. I wouldnt touch a Dline player till late first or even 2nd round. Honestly Id rather pick up Dline in the mid rounds. With that, if Sewell and Slater are gone, we have options of Horn or Surtain. If they are gone we know they wont take LB so your options are trade back again or WR. We are at the mercy of the boards. 12 really is a tough spot on how the board can fall. 

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Curious if they called Howie about Dillard or Mailata

With 6th round offers for Dillard I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Curious if they called Howie about Dillard or Mailata

I wouldnt move either. Dillard only played a hand full of snaps his rookie year and when he was at LT he did fine. Its only when he played the right side when he struggled. Id like to see what the kid has. Mailata can play swing. Only way Id consider moving one is for a 2nd rounder. If not, too bad, Im keeping them both. 

That wasn't to say I want to trade either. It was simply curiosity if Chiefs called about them

#Browns GM Andrew Berry says they have 114 draftable players and 54 listed as priority free agents

Archived