EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Connecticut Eagle

• Replies 66.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ManuManu said:

I ask this question every year...Where does the first round really end in terms of player value?...this is the first eyar i have ever seen it answered. It looks like the Eagles are in a good spot to walk away with first round talent, hopefully IOL, CB, WR

19 minutes ago, garingovt2000 said:

Still not sure why not more love in this group for Kelvin Joseph.  Was a top recruit coming out of high school went to LSU then transferred to Kentucky... Ran a 4.34 at pro day and has the height speed you're looking for in a corner.  Would not be mad at all if he was the pick in 2nd round.  Had 4 picks in 9 games this year

Character issues

27 minutes ago, Iggles25 said:

Absolutely. It would have to be the socially distant noncontact knuckle bump.

Hit him with the fake high five ball tap 

16 minutes ago, aptosbird said:

I ask this question every year...Where does the first round really end in terms of player value?...this is the first eyar i have ever seen it answered. It looks like the Eagles are in a good spot to walk away with first round talent, hopefully IOL, CB, WR

I think fans think in terms of "1st rd value," teams tend to think in terms of starter, role player, backup, long-shot.

So players who fans might think of 1st rd value are off or highly discounted on many draft boards b/c they're a bad scheme fit, Donald in a 3-4, for example.

I think Sirianni is agnostic about size  and speed in WRs, but it does dictate certain roles, but he's more focused on specific skills, route running, hands, etc.

Gannon, as a Zimmer disciple will probably discount smaller, less physical CBs and those reluctant to press. So a 4.35 40 will have less value to him than long arms and 20+ 225 reps.

They probably defer to Stoutland for judgements with regard to starting potential and where across the line (Driscoll for example was probably graded as a back up OT but a potential starter down the road at OG).

This is a very good class for safety...which means the Eagles will take the wrong one out of the whole bunch.

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

This is a very good class for safety...which means the Eagles will take the wrong one out of the whole bunch.

... or none at all.

Saw a Kiper/McShane combined mock that gave us Waddle, Bolton, Melifonwu, and Cisco.

That's pretty good.  I'm least excited about Bolton out of that group but he's a good player. 

I'd like that draft. 

2 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

I don't think this is a good safety class at all

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

I don't think this is a good safety class at all

No?  who don't you like?  I think there are good safeties in every round.

The only downfall of the class IMO, was Paris Ford apparently walking through his drills.

Becoming more and more convinced that Slater will be the pick at #12, and to be honest, if he is available, he should be the pick.

4 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Becoming more and more convinced that Slater will be the pick at #12, and to be honest, if he is available, he should be the pick.

Should he though? I go back and forth on him to be honest. I think he's good, I think he's plug and play but I'm not sure he's going to be an elite OT? I can't make up my mind. 

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

I'm so anti OL in round 1 this year.  There are holes all over this roster.  O-line is the least of our worries.  They have veterans, young players and a lot invested already.  Yes, there are injury questions but we have enough on the line to work with and develop.

So many more needs than OL.

3 hours ago, ManuManu said:

We’re a rebuilding team and you want a 23 year old power RB at 37? I like him, but no. 

I love Harris as well. Hes a very nice runner and receiver so he fits multiple roles for this scheme. However I doubt the Eagles would take him with 37. 

33 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

The Eagles probably have 125 players with first-round grades.

No they prob have 5 and will be surprised that all were taken before the 12th pick and have to scramble and reach for the 2nd round board. 

1 minute ago, bpac55 said:

No?  who don't you like?  I think there are good safeties in every round.

The only downfall of the class IMO, was Paris Ford apparently walking through his drills.

There's Moehrig and Grant as the complete safeties and then just a bunch of roll players and question marks. Cisco may have been ok, but I don't really like drafting a guy who just tore his ACL 6 months ago. Johnson is a bad tackler. Washington is the DeVonta Smtih of Safeties. Molden is just another Avonte Maddox. Holland might be ok. It just seems weak compared to other years.

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

There's Moehrig and Grant as the complete safeties and then just a bunch of roll players and question marks. Cisco may have been ok, but I don't really like drafting a guy who just tore his ACL 6 months ago. Johnson is a bad tackler. Washington is the DeVonta Smtih of Safeties. Molden is just another Avonte Maddox. Holland might be ok. It just seems weak compared to other years.

If Cisco is there in round 4-5 we need to pounce on him.   Wait, did we get a 4th back yet I forget.  He's a ballhawk.  Yea, the ACL is scary but I can't really think of any players coming off ACL injuries who haven't been at least 95% of what they were pre injury. 

20 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Saw a Kiper/McShane combined mock that gave us Waddle, Bolton, Melifonwu, and Cisco.

That's pretty good.  I'm least excited about Bolton out of that group but he's a good player. 

I'd like that draft. 

You've been a Bolton fan since Michael

2 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

2021 draft saved

Maybe someone should tell the NFL the Vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid or prevent you from carrying it and spreading it. It only lessons the chance of getting fatal symptoms. The big brain trust of the NFL. 

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Maybe someone should tell the NFL the Vaccine does not prevent you from getting Covid or prevent you from carrying it and spreading it. It only lessons the chance of getting fatal symptoms. The big brain trust of the NFL. 

Not true. The vaccine prevents hospitalizations, it limits the effects you suffer and it significantly reduces you actually getting covid and spreading it. 

6 minutes ago, DumbleBear said:

Point being. We're not responsible for your Misery and need to perpetuate it upon others. 

You had your say. You produced four wins.  Step aside. 

Keep your stories for your eventual tales that'll be told at what ? Jack's pub in Avalon this summer? hahahaha. 

Or are you in the dry town now? 

Keep your Negative attitude away from Our team. If you want to Boo all day long , feel free, they're your lungs. 

Oh and Kraft? Kraft's got whatever he needs . Last I checked he wasn't offering you a "Consultants Fee" 

Mkay GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Drugs are bad

Just now, DumbleBear said:

Yes . Everyone who isn't you or doesn't "think like you" is "On Drugs".

In your case, Drugs might help :towel:

You're on drugs because your posts are pointless, don't make sense and are a waste of bandwidth 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not true. The vaccine prevents hospitalizations, it limits the effects you suffer and it significantly reduces you actually getting covid and spreading it. 

Incorrect

Im in the medical field in direct contact with the Vaccine distribution and manufacturing and I can tell you in no way does it prevent you from getting it nor spreading it. It only reduces the fatal symptoms. So you first comment is somewhat true for "most" Everyone reacts different to the vaccine. But you can still get and transfer covid after getting the vaccine. 

Maybe in the UK they have a magical vaccine we don't have in the US

6 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

You're on drugs because your posts are pointless, don't make sense and are a waste of bandwidth 

LOL surprised hes not on your ban list. I have all his multiple names on that ignore list. No point in even replying or even reading anything he writes

Archived