Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Eagles Message Board

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

EMB Blog: 2021 Offseason

Featured Replies

2 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

At least they wouldn't feel compelled to burn all the 1st rounders next year on a QB trade. The process would still suck, but whatever. I like Fields a lot even if the bust potential is higher than you'd like.

Id rather have Lance, Jones, Mills or eve Trask before I touch Fields. 

  • Replies 66.6k
  • Views 3.1m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Know Life
    Know Life

    I turned 38 today and have lost 52lbs since February. I’m very rarely ever proud of myself, but I’m feeling pretty proud today and thought I’d share. Carry on.

  • At this point, I’d like to see a former HC on the staff, but the biggest coaching news left is whether Stout stays.  BOOOOOOOOM

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

But you were playing the what if game and then got snarky with the "half full" comment.  Which anyone who knows me, knows that is anything but the case.  I like Horn.  I really like Collins.  If we can get a Collins and a Bateman for what it would cost us to get Horn.  I would do it.  If Horn and Surtain are gone by 12 and we are faced with the group of guys I listed in the an earlier post, I would also welcome a move down to pick up maybe Baltimores 2 1st or a late 1st and early 2nd.  Then we can get the corner in the 2nd.  If Collins controls his weight, I think he can be the best defender in the draft.  

No snark intended, I was thinking about the risk of trading back 15 spots as a strategy as that could obviously drop us into a lower tier of talent.  Armed with perfect information, the tradeback makes perfect sense as you would be getting 2 top-25 prospects at a value.  This would be an optimistic outcome, a half-full view of what might happen when moving from 12 to the late 1st x2. 

38 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Reuben Frank predictions:

-Eagles trade up for QB.  NO thank you.

-Eagles trade back in to round 1 for CB.  He claims there isn't a talent gap between 20 and 40.  If that's the case, trading up wouldn't make much sense IMO.

-RB is taken on day 2.  I said this late last week.  Travis Etienne is my sleeper surprise pick for the Eagles.  He might be too good of value to pass up at 37. (not what I want, just think).

-Dillard is used to trade up.  If using Dillard to move up saves them 37, 70 or 84 so be it.

So he thinks they are trading up from 12 to take a QB.......

38 minutes ago, bpac55 said:

Reuben Frank predictions:

-Eagles trade up for QB.  NO thank you.

-Eagles trade back in to round 1 for CB.  He claims there isn't a talent gap between 20 and 40.  If that's the case, trading up wouldn't make much sense IMO.

-RB is taken on day 2.  I said this late last week.  Travis Etienne is my sleeper surprise pick for the Eagles.  He might be too good of value to pass up at 37. (not what I want, just think).

-Dillard is used to trade up.  If using Dillard to move up saves them 37, 70 or 84 so be it.

If the Eagles wanted to draft a particular QB at #6 all along, and they mange to get him + an extra 1st, then Howie would deserve props for maximizing his position. Now that's only part of the battle, he has to get it right as well.

Just thinking about a trade up.  Effectively, if players like Dillard and Ertz are included, it means they need to go 8 or 9 as I can't see either NFC East trading with the Birds. The Broncos have Fant at TE and Bolles at LT.  The Panthers could be the spot for the trade up for either or both players and would mean not losing much draft comp by doing it.

12 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

LT on NFL Network today compared Fields to McNabb. If the Eagles draft him, Philly would take the top spot over Alaska for highest % of suicide rate. 

Absolutely, I mean who wouldn't want a guy comparable to the greatest QB in franchise history.

5 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Id rather have Lance, Jones, Mills or eve Trask before I touch Fields. 

Maybe. I'd prefer rolling with Hurts and free agents until they find "the guy" naturally (as in not just immediately handing him the f'ing franchise). But Fields at 12 isn't bad value and 12 isn't necessarily a spot where you feel anchored by the pick.

29 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Chris Simms has Fields falling all the way to #32 in his final mock. 

 To Tampa ? Or someone trade up with them

I don't understand taking a QB this year especially if you have to trade up. There's a decent chance we could be playing for the #1 overall next year. Unless you think whoever you have a chance at this year is that much better than next year crop it just doesn't make sense to me.

1 minute ago, Original Sin said:

 To Tampa ? Or someone trade up with them

Tampa

2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Tampa

Give me Mills instead 

Tried the ole trade of 12 and 189 for 27 and 31

image.thumb.png.0356d93262ff0a514e476c15f7fab5d7.png

3 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I heard a fantasy football person say that Schultz was $ in garbage time.

I think every Cowboys game is garbage time. 

Just now, NCiggles said:

I think every Cowboys game is garbage time. 

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

LT on NFL Network today compared Fields to McNabb. If the Eagles draft him, Philly would take the top spot over Alaska for highest % of suicide rate. 

Worms will be digging for cover. 

11 minutes ago, thedanone82 said:

I don't understand taking a QB this year especially if you have to trade up. There's a decent chance we could be playing for the #1 overall next year. Unless you think whoever you have a chance at this year is that much better than next year crop it just doesn't make sense to me.

Is there a QB in the 2022 draft worth a #1 overall pick?  I see Tyler Shough and a collection of QBs about 6’1 who don’t have rifle arms and don’t run as well as Lance, Fields .... or Hurts 

3 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is there a QB in the 2022 draft worth a #1 overall pick?  I see Tyler Shough and a collection of QBs about 6’1 who don’t have rifle arms and don’t run as well as Lance, Fields .... or Hurts 

They are 6'1 but tons of fun and they dress to a T. They got more clothes than Muhammad Ali and dress so viciously. 

  • Author
7 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is there a QB in the 2022 draft worth a #1 overall pick?  I see Tyler Shough and a collection of QBs about 6’1 who don’t have rifle arms and don’t run as well as Lance, Fields .... or Hurts 

Burrow was off the first round radar at this time two years ago.

4 minutes ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

Burrow was off the first round radar at this time two years ago.

That’s what I mean.  Andy Weidl will have the answer to the question.  If there is a QB crop in 2022 as good or better than this draft in the scouts’ estimation, the Eagles will ignore QB for this year’s class because building the roster first, then getting the franchise QB (or betting on Hurts to ball out) will be the strategy.  If, however, the evaluation is the 2022 class isn’t as good then the Eagles might draft a QB this weekend and build around him in 2022 with the (likely) 3 first round picks.  
 

I do recognize the trade back from #6 to 12 indicates they are fine evaluating Hurts in 2021 and getting the QB in 2022

20 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Is there a QB in the 2022 draft worth a #1 overall pick?  I see Tyler Shough and a collection of QBs about 6’1 who don’t have rifle arms and don’t run as well as Lance, Fields .... or Hurts 

Even if there is a QB who rises like Burrow, you would still need a top 3 pick or have to trade up by using all the capital you have accumulated.

If the Eagles have a franchise grade on a QB in this draft, and he is in range, then go with the bird in hand.

QB factory is alive and well.

 

My feeling in Monday before the draft is Eagles are trying to move up for a QB which is so silly on various levels.  But Howie and Lurie are gonna Howie and Lurie. 

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Even if there is a QB who rises like Burrow, you would still need a top 3 pick or have to trade up by using all the capital you have accumulated.

If the Eagles have a franchise grade on a QB in this draft, and he is in range, then go with the bird in hand.

 

If the Eagles had a franchise QB grade on a QB this draft other than TL and Wilson then they shouldn't have traded back from 6.

Just now, RememberTheKoy said:

QB factory is alive and well.

 

My feeling in Monday before the draft is Eagles are trying to move up for a QB which is so silly on various levels.  But Howie and Lurie are gonna Howie and Lurie. 

I wouldn’t rule out them waiting out the Watson situation to make a determination. In that case, they would’ve already agreed to not take a QB unless one they had high grades on fell to them.

Per pff

DeVonta Smith led college football with 618 receiving yards 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 at 170 lbs last season

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Even if there is a QB who rises like Burrow, you would still need a top 3 pick or have to trade up by using all the capital you have accumulated.

If the Eagles have a franchise grade on a QB in this draft, and he is in range, then go with the bird in hand.

I’m not sure using a top 3 pick on a franchise QB is the proper method anymore.

I mentioned last night that Peyton Manning in 1998 is the last time a team grabbed a top 1-2 overall pick on a QB and parlayed it into a Super Bowl.  I don’t count Eli Manning in 2004 because he was immediately traded from the Chargers to the Giants.

That strategy used to work in the 70s and 80s with Bradshaw, Elway, Aikman, etc., but it’s been a long time.  

Terrance Marshall Jr. will def be an Eagle by Friday night.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.