Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

29 minutes ago, wyote said:

Here's the link: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

Funny thing is, the majority of fans have been whining for the Eagles to tank, so they actually do it for a quarter and now it's a reason to fire the Doug and Howie. 

Very true. Majority of these boards and Eagles fans in general wanted to lose this game. Mission accomplished.

• Like 5

Why aren't there names?  I am skeptical.  It sounds exaggerated.  I think he is using stronger words like "confrontations" when it was probably more "confusion".  But, the stronger words make it sound more explosive.

• Like 6

Never a dull moment with this team. Never a drama-free offseason. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

LOL who are these players ? Most of them wont even be playing for the Eagles next season anyway, so in hindsight who the heck cares...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

If any part of this is true, Doug has to go, Howie to.

If it is true, Doug lost the respect of a lot of players. We'll see how the locker room reacts. For what? To move up 3 spots in the draft so Howie can get cute and draft the wrong player- AGAIN? Maybe he'll take another QB. The pick doesn't even matter with Howie in charge. Lurie probably isn't going to do anything about Doug or Howie. If not, he deserves the blame for what's coming next year. Eagles fans deserve better, that's for sure. All I know is what Doug and co. pulled it bush league bullshi* and why this team and org have become losers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeep_man said:

LOL who are these players ? Most of them wont even be playing for the Eagles next season anyway, so in hindsight who the heck cares...

Really. Having a head coach the locker room can't respect or trust doesn't matter? Who are these players? How about his starting QB? Hurts, even said on the sideline "That's not right." Carson and Hurts BOTH question Doug now. He has pissed BOTH of his QB's off big time. That's not a big deal? Yes, it is a big deal. The whole thing was performed by an idiot who sucks as an NFL coach, along with Howie, who was behind the scenes. Probably even Lurie, too. Eagles fans are going to suffer for a long time if these idiots stay together. Lurie needs to stumble, hit his head and have it knock some sense back into him and do the right thing. Fire Howie and Doug.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

They had to hold back some players from confronting Doug. Coaches were pissed off, too.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

Same reason he didn't kick the FG. We needed to LOSE this game.I bet Lurie called down after we got the lead. Also we needed to see how HORRIBLE suds was,so we can move away from him also. We lost the game,but we found out Suds isnt any better than a street QB, so we "won" there and also got pick 6 as opposed to pick 9. Win/win

• Like 2

I still say Lurie and Doug don't get on the same page today and he is done here.  Guaranteed, the Eagles don't like this backlash.  The FO wanted a new QB to replace Carson when he struggled.  What is the difference?  Maybe, Doug served them some of their own medicine.

For context: There really was no guarantee that Hurts was bringing them back.  He had a whopping 70 yards and has shown to be completely ineffective in 2nd halves (and many other times) over 4 games.  For Doug to insert an unknown in place of a faltering player should be no big deal.  Around here, for sure, it shouldn't.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

If any part of this is true, Doug has to go, Howie to.

100%! 

To me that kind of approach could end up losing the locker room or certainly parts of it. 

Replacing Hurts with Sudfeld when the game was so close was nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. 

• Like 2

Doug was given his marching orders by Howie and Lurie. It is what it is. Should have never played Hurts to begin with.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, wyote said:

Here's the link: https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

Funny thing is, the majority of fans have been whining for the Eagles to tank, so they actually do it for a quarter and now it's a reason to fire the Doug and Howie. 

exactly 

45 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

100%! 

To me that kind of approach could end up losing the locker room or certainly parts of it. 

Replacing Hurts with Sudfeld when the game was so close was nothing short of disgraceful to be honest. 

Benching Carson probably lost some of the locker room, but that didn't bother you.

I don't get why you guys are all so fascinated with benching an ineffective QB.  Hurts had 70 yards, was clearly off target, is prone to fumbles, and had shown through 4 games that he flops in the 2nd half when it comes to putting points on the board.  What's the problem?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wyote said:

I don't think its the majority, except maybe here.  It does show how hypocritical this group is....assuming they are smart enough to realize it.

47 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Benching Carson probably lost some of the locker room, but that didn't bother you.

I don't get why you guys are all so fascinated with benching an ineffective QB.  Hurts had 70 yards, was clearly off target, is prone to fumbles, and had shown through 4 games that he flops in the 2nd half when it comes to putting points on the board.  What's the problem?

Benching Carson was the right decision as Carson was a bottom 3 QB in the league. In fact I'd suggest that starting him for as long as they did probably lost more of the locker room. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Benching Carson was the right decision as Carson was a bottom 3 QB in the league. In fact I'd suggest that starting him for as long as they did probably lost more of the locker room. 

You are deflecting.

And Hurts' numbers are damn near identical...except that he is a fumble machine.

Again, why is benching one bad QB worse than benching the other?   There was plenty of reason to sit him.  There was no proof that he could bring them back. 

56 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are deflecting.

And Hurts' numbers are damn near identical...except that he is a fumble machine.

Again, why is benching one bad QB worse than benching the other?   There was plenty of reason to sit him.  There was no proof that he could bring them back. 

Maybe because Hurts 2 rushing TDs are the reason they were even in that game. That is the difference. Not to mention Wentz sucked for 12 games before getting pulled finally. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Doug can't do a goddamn thing gracefully.

Lurie, clean house before it's too late. Enough is enough.

Since he was not fired yesterday, the chances he is let go are extremely slim at this point. 

I didnt care about Nate going in. I actually predicted it. I was just wrong on which Q. I thought Hurts would be pulled by halftime. I was more hoping Lurie was so embarrassed by that and really the poor play by the offense even before he was pulled that Lurie would just fire him Monday. 

At this point if Doug was getting fired, it would have been done. If it waits then they lose chances at a good replacement for him. So I doubt we see anything happen. 

4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

At this point if Doug was getting fired, it would have been done.

The meeting is today.  If it happens, it will be today.  

I’m not sure what to believe here.  Wouldn’t this have been on the camera?  

This narrative is so dumb.  We had our 4th string tackle playing.  In fact, the only "starters” were Kelce and Ertz.  Hurts was ok.  Not great.  If he had 200 yards and 3 TDS then there would be an argument. 

Doug benches Wentz for Hurts due to poor play ... no biggy.

Doug benches Hurts for Sudfeld (one can argue all day whether it is for poor play or not ... after 3 quarters Hurts was 7-for-20 for 72 yds, 0 TDs (passing), 1 INT chipping in 34 rushing yds, 2 TDs), and people are up in arms.

Personally, I do NOT think he was benched due to poor play.  Considering Wentz was inactive and Sudfeld dressed in what sure to be his final game in an Eagles uniform, I think Doug planned to play him in the 4th quarter all along.  Doug threw him a bone for being a good soldier and teammate for the past 4 years here.  Guessing the rest of the players didn't get the memo (not like they need to be informed of coach's decisions in advance).  

• Like 9