Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

11 hours ago, Talonblood said:

They had to hold back some players from confronting Doug. Coaches were pissed off, too.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

This has to be the dumbest mutiny in the history of mutinies if true. "Hold me back! Doug might cost us a chance to go 5-10-1!" :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

Sunday night was incredibly embarrassing.  Completely classless.

Imagine crying this hard that your 6-10 team missed the playoffs. :lol: :roll: 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok let's all get on the Wentz train. He's a blooming incredible QB. None of the struggles this year were his fault. It was injuries, it was Doug and it was lack of talent around him. He's completely exempt from all blame.

I mean if we're going to look at the offensive struggles objectively, it was because of injuries, lack of talent, Doug being a bonehead and Carson playing like a bad QB. Just because someone is talking about Doug, injuries or talent doesn't mean they don't also assign blame to Carson. The reverse of that is also true. Someone may be critical of Carson in a thread but also blame Doug, talent and injuries. 

Moral of the story is that we jump to conclusions too fast around here.

• Like 1

Have you been living under a rock the past few decades?

Eagles aren't the only team that has tanked...

45 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

1-3

Wentz 4-7-1 and he's a 5 year pro lmao. But keep hugging your 11 jersey

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

I mean if we're going to look at the offensive struggles objectively, it was because of injuries, lack of talent, Doug being a bonehead and Carson playing like a bad QB. Just because someone is talking about Doug, injuries or talent doesn't mean they don't also assign blame to Carson. The reverse of that is also true. Someone may be critical of Carson in a thread but also blame Doug, talent and injuries. 

Moral of the story is that we jump to conclusions too fast around here.

IDK, my conclusion at the bye break was, this team is DOA and at that point we still had a shot at winning this lame division

39 minutes ago, greend said:

Nah, all that was being said was that Hurts wasn't all that good either. That's a fair point. Whether Wentz is here next year or not I really don't think Hurts is the man for the job. But we've all been wrong before.

All that said you're still a way better poster imo than that.

It doesn't matter. People are convinced that ANY criticism of the team in ANY capacity is meant as a defense for Carson Wentz and his play this season. Reality is, the team was horrible in many ways this season, including Wentz.

People aren't able to understand that, for whatever reason.

• Like 3

I mean, I can see why Giants fans are upset. I find it completely hilarious, but I understand it.

But to be an Eagles fan and be upset? That's just beyond my comprehension. Why in the world would you want them to win a meaningless game and lower our draft position? I would have been angry if we won. 

• Like 1

Joe Judge is a whiner, a wuss, and probably a massive hypocrite.

Teams make personnel decisions that negatively impact the ability to win in Week 17 all the time. Every season. The only reason anyone cares, is because it was flexed to SNF. If it happened at noon, it's not a story on anyone's radar.

Apparently tanking the entire season, not just one quarter, is just fine. Did Joe Judge complain about benching Minshew? Did Adam Gase or the Jets complain? 

No, because Joe Judge isn't just a whiny little B, he's also a moron throwing a temper tantrum.

59 minutes ago, greend said:

Hell I knew before the game that he was going to play Sudfeld. Not sure why the players didn't.

Should have been obvious, no?  Why else would you make Wentz inactive and dress Suds?  

1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

The way it was handled is an embarrassment.  The players and coaches say they were shocked and there were confrontations on the sideline.

https://www.inquirer.com/eagles/doug-pederson-eagles-tank-jason-kelce-jalen-hurts-nate-sudfeld-joe-judge-20210104.html

When Doug Pederson pulled Jalen Hurts for Nate Sudfeld early in the fourth quarter in Sunday’s season finale against Washington, many Eagles players and coaches were shocked and outraged, team sources told The Inquirer. Some were angry. Two defensive players had to be held back from approaching Pederson. Center Jason Kelce and another offensive starter went to the coach to ask him why he had pulled the starting quarterback with the Eagles trailing by only three. Hurts was distraught, as well. Even though he had been told Wednesday that there was a chance Sudfeld could play, he couldn’t understand why Pederson would make the switch, sources close to the situation said. The NBC broadcast caught Hurts on the bench after he was replaced apparently saying, "That’s not right.”

Why was it a shock? Doug said before the game that Sudfeld would likely get in the game. 

• Like 1

Joe, take care of your own and we'll take care of our own; until then go F*** yourself with a bulging, throbbing, veiny bag of WFT d**ks. See you in September. 

Andy Reid just started Chad Henne in week 17. I believe the Steelers sat starters, no? This happens all the time week 17, whether it is a bad team or a playoff team. 

What’s more, if the Giants could have just beaten a **** Eagles team themselves in the first game they played, they wouldn’t have had to rely on that same terrible Eagles team to get them into the playoffs week 17. 

So by replacing the QB, means they tanked? I didn't realize the rest of the team quit. 

Joe Judge is right and he should file a lawsuit immediately. His 6-10 team absolutely deserved to be in the playoffs. They fought hard all season beating some of best teams in the nfl including the Eagles, bengals, Washington and Dallas. The giants were only blown out 8 times this year. Just 8! thats it, they are a great football team. The qbs they beat were among the very best the nfl has to offer including Andy Dalton twice, Ryan lindley, and Dwayne Haskins twice! Any team who can beat those hall of famers deserves a playoff spot in my book! 

Aside from the 99-2017 browns, the jets every year, the jags every year, and these same giants every year, no team has ever tanked before and the Eagles should be ashamed of themselves. 

I am so upset about this I started a petition to get the Giants into the playoffs this year. It’s only been up for 18 hrs and so far we already have over 3 signatures. Can we count in you to sign and get this over to Goodell ASAP?? 

1 hour ago, greend said:

Hell I knew before the game that he was going to play Sudfeld. Not sure why the players didn't.

Yeah, even the broadcaster said that Pederson said before the game he was going to play Sudfeld. 

This was a meaningless game. Do the players have the same desire to win a meaningless game then say a playoff game or a game against Dallas? Don't understand why some are so upset about it. 

So by inserting Sudfeld means we were tanking? I didn't now the other players decided to quit playing as well. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Benching Carson probably lost some of the locker room, but that didn't bother you.

I don't get why you guys are all so fascinated with benching an ineffective QB.  Hurts had 70 yards, was clearly off target, is prone to fumbles, and had shown through 4 games that he flops in the 2nd half when it comes to putting points on the board.  What's the problem?

Winner winner chicken dinner

• Like 1

I feel the worst for Sudfeld. To think everyone - across the NFL, other coaches, media, fans, and his entire team playing alongside - had no faith in him to win the game.  

9 hours ago, Talonblood said:

If it is true, Doug lost the respect of a lot of players. We'll see how the locker room reacts. For what? To move up 3 spots in the draft so Howie can get cute and draft the wrong player- AGAIN? Maybe he'll take another QB. The pick doesn't even matter with Howie in charge. Lurie probably isn't going to do anything about Doug or Howie. If not, he deserves the blame for what's coming next year. Eagles fans deserve better, that's for sure. All I know is what Doug and co. pulled it bush league bullshi* and why this team and org have become losers.

So what's the difference between any coach who pulls their starters when the game is won/lost? 

And why aren't people on the board ****ing about what Andy did on Sunday? What Tomlin did on Sunday? It's the same damn thing!

20 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Should have been obvious, no?  Why else would you make Wentz inactive and dress Suds?  

I'm pretty sure he said it in one of his pressers

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You don't have to change my mind and I don't have to change yours.  The bottom line is that Hurts' stat line looks eerily close to Carson's.  He was just as ineffective at racking up wins.  Sorry.

Don't care about the stats in this case. To my eyes Hurts looked clearly better this season.

There are people out there calling for an investigation and calling for the Eagles to lose their draft pick for tanking the game.

unbelievable.