Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

25 minutes ago, nipples said:

Maybe because Hurts 2 rushing TDs are the reason they were even in that game. That is the difference. Not to mention Wentz sucked for 12 games before getting pulled finally. 

Hurts has sucked, too.  Get over it and quit whing about an ineffective QB being pulled.

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

If it is true, Doug lost the respect of a lot of players. We'll see how the locker room reacts. For what? To move up 3 spots in the draft so Howie can get cute and draft the wrong player- AGAIN? Maybe he'll take another QB. The pick doesn't even matter with Howie in charge. Lurie probably isn't going to do anything about Doug or Howie. If not, he deserves the blame for what's coming next year. Eagles fans deserve better, that's for sure. All I know is what Doug and co. pulled it bush league bullshi* and why this team and org have become losers.

I made this exact point in another thread. If its still Howie making the pick then it won't matter if its 6th or 9th because he will definitely screw it up again. I think we as fans deserved better than what we saw and I was embarrassed to be a fan watching that apparent debacle.....

• Like 1

Players get paid more for making playoffs right? I would imagine they were pissed they missed a chance at some more money.

4 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I still say Lurie and Doug don't get on the same page today and he is done here.  Guaranteed, the Eagles don't like this backlash.  The FO wanted a new QB to replace Carson when he struggled.  What is the difference?  Maybe, Doug served them some of their own medicine.

For context: There really was no guarantee that Hurts was bringing them back.  He had a whopping 70 yards and has shown to be completely ineffective in 2nd halves (and many other times) over 4 games.  For Doug to insert an unknown in place of a faltering player should be no big deal.  Around here, for sure, it shouldn't.

I swear, you are for sure that Hurts is not going to be the guy. I mean, you are constantly saying he sucks after only a few games. I have never seen such surety when it comes to a QB after a few games...and a rookie at that. Did you add into that count the balls he had to throw away while under duress or the balls that receivers just flat out dropped??

30 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Doug benches Wentz for Hurts due to poor play ... no biggy.

Doug benches Hurts for Sudfeld (one can argue all day whether it is for poor play or not ... after 3 quarters Hurts was 7-for-20 for 72 yds, 0 TDs (passing), 1 INT chipping in 34 rushing yds, 2 TDs), and people are up in arms.

Personally, I do NOT think he was benched due to poor play.  Considering Wentz was inactive and Sudfeld dressed in what sure to be his final game in an Eagles uniform, I think Doug planned to play him in the 4th quarter all along.  Doug threw him a bone for being a good soldier and teammate for the past 4 years here.  Guessing the rest of the players didn't get the memo (not like they need to be informed of coach's decisions in advance).  

I called it all week. I predicted Hurts would be pulled after 1Q, or at most halftime. With all the players not playing, I thought he was only starting to keep the flow going as normal but then to avoid injury he would be taken out in a worthless game. 

1 hour ago, Saltpeter said:

Doug can't do a goddamn thing gracefully.

Lurie, clean house before it's too late. Enough is enough.

I imagine Doug was carrying out orders. He just did so awkwardly. The New York media is pizzed because the Eagles loss deprives them of at least a easy week of articles tooting the Giants horn.

3 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I swear, you are for sure that Hurts is not going to be the guy. I mean, you are constantly saying he sucks after only a few games. I have never seen such surety when it comes to a QB after a few games...and a rookie at that. Did you add into that count the balls he had to throw away while under duress or the balls that receivers just flat out dropped??

You are right.  I do not believe Jalen Hurts is the answer after watching him all through college.  I see the same player with the same set of strengths and weaknesses.  His inability to pass with consistency, to fumble at an alarming pace, and to run versus without progression should concern you, as well.

I also do not understand why pulling an ineffective player is that big of a deal, especially after it was cheered a few weeks earlier. I don't think he was pulled for performing so poorly, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Really. Having a head coach the locker room can't respect or trust doesn't matter? Who are these players? How about his starting QB? Hurts, even said on the sideline "That's not right." Carson and Hurts BOTH question Doug now. He has pissed BOTH of his QB's off big time. That's not a big deal? Yes, it is a big deal. The whole thing was performed by an idiot who sucks as an NFL coach, along with Howie, who was behind the scenes. Probably even Lurie, too. Eagles fans are going to suffer for a long time if these idiots stay together. Lurie needs to stumble, hit his head and have it knock some sense back into him and do the right thing. Fire Howie and Doug.

Amen

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are deflecting.

And Hurts' numbers are damn near identical...except that he is a fumble machine.

Again, why is benching one bad QB worse than benching the other?   There was plenty of reason to sit him.  There was no proof that he could bring them back. 

I'm not deflecting.

My god if you can't see that Wentz was awful and hurts was an upgrade then you're either Wentz blind or not watching. 

• Like 4

Excuse me but didn't Brandon Graham say everybody knew Nate was going to play at some point? I'm going to assume Nate also got practice reps this week after not getting any since before week 1. So tell me, who are the dummies on this team that weren't paying attention.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not deflecting.

My god if you can't see that Wentz was awful and hurts was an upgrade then you're either Wentz blind or not watching. 

Deflecting again and pretending that Hurts' performance was a clear upgrade.  It was not. It was equal.

Why such an issue with one ineffective QB being pulled over the other ineffective QB, UK?  Did you see anything in the 2nd half that said Hurts was bring them back?

Joe Judge is a little bish too.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30652624/joe-judge-reacts-philadelphia-eagles-effort-snf-says-new-york-giants-never-disrespect-game

If you want to make the playoffs, try winning a few games next year, bud!  Whining because your 6 win team didn't back into the playoffs is loser talk.  

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

I'm going to assume Nate also got practice reps this week after not getting any since before week 1.

After watching him play, makes me think he has never gotten a practice rep since he got to Philly.

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

You are right.  I do not believe Jalen Hurts is the answer after watching him all through college.  I see the same player with the same set of strengths and weaknesses.  His inability to pass with consistency, to fumble at an alarming pace, and to run versus without progression should concern you, as well.

I also do not understand why pulling an ineffective player is that big of a deal, especially after it was cheered a few weeks earlier. I don't think he was pulled for performing so poorly, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

You are right to this observation but you are not the only one I have seen say that. Some of us (I can only speak for myself) have never seen the kid before this year and know that he is a rookie that will make mistakes but am willing to give him a chance with coaching. He seems to have alot of upside to me and I most certainly am not saying he should be handed the keys after a few games. To ME, that's just simply not enough time to absolutely say he is not the guy either. And to your point: yes I cheered pulling wentz after 12 games because he was not getting it done and we watched with our own eyes the regression with each passing week. There is just no getting around that. 

I just think we deserved much better than what we saw. We still need to see if Hurts could pull it out. Sudfield has been here for years and NOW they decide to see what he can do??? Not buying that....and if it was for draft position....if Howie is doing the pick, it really is not going to matter, is it? Howie has a track record for screwing those up....I am just of the opinion that you ALWAYS play to win and I guess that's my biggest issue with that debacle we witnessed the other night. 

• Like 1

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Deflecting again.

Why such an issue with one ineffective QB being pulled over the other ineffective QB, UK?  Did you see anything in the 2nd half that said Hurts was bring them back?

Hurts has now lead the Eagles to points on 2 of 21 second half possessions since he became the starter.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeM37 said:

You are right to this observation but you are not the only one I have seen say that. Some of us (I can only speak for myself) have never seen the kid before this year and know that he is a rookie that will make mistakes but am willing to give him a chance with coaching. He seems to have alot of upside to me and I most certainly am not saying he should be handed the keys after a few games. To ME, that's just simply not enough time to absolutely say he is not the guy either. And to your point: yes I cheered pulling wentz after 12 games because he was not getting it done and we watched with our own eyes the regression with each passing week. There is just no getting around that. 

I just think we deserved much better than what we saw. We still need to see if Hurts could pull it out. Sudfield has been here for years and NOW they decide to see what he can do??? Not buying that....and if it was for draft position....if Howie is doing the pick, it really is not going to matter, is it? Howie has a track record for screwing those up....I am just of the opinion that you ALWAYS play to win and I guess that's my biggest issue with that debacle we witnessed the other night. 

Take your time to determine your feelings for Hurts.  

I can't answer if they did or didn't play to win.  There are alot of assumptions going into the belief that they didn't.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Hurts has now lead the Eagles to points on 2 of 21 second half possessions since he became the starter.

Right. Why is that so hard for some to accept?

19 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I imagine Doug was carrying out orders. He just did so awkwardly. The New York media is pizzed because the Eagles loss deprives them of at least a easy week of articles tooting the Giants horn.

I agree he was carrying out orders, but that awkwardness you mentioned is my whole point. He looks like a moron every time he's on TV whether it's during the game or with with the press.

There is no good reason to keep Doug other than winning the SB 3 years ago, which sounds like a logical reason to keep him and would be if he didn't have soooo many issues.

13 minutes ago, Saltpeter said:

There is no good reason to keep Doug other than winning the SB 3 years ago, which sounds like a logical reason to keep him and would be if he didn't have soooo many issues.

ADVOCATE FOR THE PEOPLE: did he win it or did everyone around him win it ?

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Right. Why is that so hard for some to accept?

so when wentz doesnt move the ball, score points that's ok but when hurts does it that's not ok? my point is you dont throw wentz under the bus for the same mistakes hurts is making.

6 minutes ago, toughfighter83 said:

so when wentz doesnt move the ball, score points that's ok but when hurts does it that's not ok? my point is you dont throw wentz under the bus for the same mistakes hurts is making.

Priovide proof, quitter. 

Why are you even on an Eagles fan board after you quit on them week 1 of the Super Bowl year?

Theres no footage of any player or coach needed to be held back from confronting Doug, with all of those cameras at the game.

• Like 2

Philly's media is just fawking awful. They sure know how to twist the narrative to get the sheeple riled up.:nonono:

• Like 2