Eagles players, coaches were shocked by Doug Pederson’s QB switch, resulting in sideline confrontations

Talonblood

Oh awesome, another thread on this.  Just what we needed.

First, F Joe Judge and F the GIants.  Judge is a whiny little turd who is complaining because for some reason he thought he crappy 6 win team deserved to be in the playoffs.   Win some games next year.  Until then, shut the hell up.  By the way, the Giants only beat 1 team with a winning record (Seahawks).   Do you actually think this team had any chance of winning a playoff game?  It takes more than just trash talking tweets and text messages to win football games, in case you forgot.

Second, on this narrative: if you think it's "embarrasing", then you're an idiot who doesn't know anything about football.  Let me bold this so you can understand: HURTS WAS NOT PLAYING ALL THAT WELL!   If we had Aaron Rodgers and we benched him, then there would be an argument, but this is a false narrative.  

23 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Something nobody is talking about is what if this wasnt Doug's decision?  What if it came from Howie or above and Doug is just taking the heat for it?

Definitely came from above Doug.

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

And here I felt generous for wanting him benched around game 8.....I think I was just still having hope he would turn it around

Well,I did. Even if he sat a game or 2,maybe it would have set his jock on fire. But that didn't happen. Some QB's get benched and turn things around. I felt is was at least worth a try after 3 horrendous games

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok. I'm not going to argue this. I saw a better team when Hurts was under center.

What you saw was 1-3.  Couldn't score in the 2nd half,  fumbled alot, runs versus progression, 52% completion percentage.   

1 minute ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

He rarely scored in the 2nd half,  fumbled like a Pez dispenser, and missed on 48% of his passes.  All that good stuff you saw netted 1-3 record.  LOL!

Wentz leads the league!!!!!  And he's a 5 year PRO. 6 picks in 3 games(and many sacks),OH yeah -STELLAR!!!! PFFFFFTTT

43 minutes ago, JP HOF said:

Sunday night was incredibly embarrassing.  Completely classless.

The whole Fing season was embarrassing. The whole Fing division is embarrassing. At least sunday night they were actually trying to lose and accomplished their goal. It's more embarrassing that they tried to win the other 15 games and only managed 4!

• Like 1

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Well,I did. Even if he sat a game or 2,maybe it would have set his jock on fire. But that didn't happen. Some QB's get benched and turn things around. I felt is was at least worth a try after 3 horrendous games

Totally agree with you on that. We saw it happen with McNabb, who led us to the championship the year it happened to him. It WAS worth a try.....

• Like 1

What you saw was 1-3.  Couldn't score in the 2nd half,  fumbled alot, runs versus progression, 52% completion percentage.   

LOL he also beat a SB contending team and Wentz could not beat Cincy LMFAO

Just now, GreenbleedinNC said:

Wentz leads the league!!!!!  And he's a 5 year PRO. 6 picks in 3 games(and many sacks),OH yeah -STELLAR!!!! PFFFFFTTT

You are getting this all mixed up now trying to spin it.  Carson was awful, but so was Hurts.  Quit trying to pretend otherwise because you wanted another QB.

2 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Dude,ever hear of "rookie mistakes" I guess not. NO rook is coming in and putting up Aaron Rodger numbers. Wentz was SUPPOSED to do that!!! FAIL

• Like 2

Ok let's all get on the Wentz train. He's a blooming incredible QB. None of the struggles this year were his fault. It was injuries, it was Doug and it was lack of talent around him. He's completely exempt from all blame.

• Haha 4

You are getting this all mixed up now trying to spin it.  Carson was awful, but so was Hurts.  Quit trying to pretend otherwise because you wanted another QB.

I want to win games,no spin about it. Scoreboards don;t lie, stats DO

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok let's all get on the Wentz train. He's a blooming incredible QB. None of the struggles this year were his fault. It was injuries, it was Doug and it was lack of talent around him. He's completely exempt from all blame.

I think they are just trying to get an extra week out of their "Wentzlvania" T shirt purchase

• Like 3

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

Doug benches Wentz for Hurts due to poor play ... no biggy.

Doug benches Hurts for Sudfeld (one can argue all day whether it is for poor play or not ... after 3 quarters Hurts was 7-for-20 for 72 yds, 0 TDs (passing), 1 INT chipping in 34 rushing yds, 2 TDs), and people are up in arms.

Personally, I do NOT think he was benched due to poor play.  Considering Wentz was inactive and Sudfeld dressed in what sure to be his final game in an Eagles uniform, I think Doug planned to play him in the 4th quarter all along.  Doug threw him a bone for being a good soldier and teammate for the past 4 years here.  Guessing the rest of the players didn't get the memo (not like they need to be informed of coach's decisions in advance).  

Hell I knew before the game that he was going to play Sudfeld. Not sure why the players didn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

LOL he also beat a SB contending team and Wentz could not beat Cincy LMFAO

Cherry picking.  LOL at how hard you are working to justify a 1-3 record and horrible play.

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

Dude,ever hear of "rookie mistakes" I guess not. NO rook is coming in and putting up Aaron Rodger numbers. Wentz was SUPPOSED to do that!!! FAIL

More excuses.  

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

I want to win games,no spin about it. Scoreboards don;t lie, stats DO

1-3

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You're better than this. I don't see where anyone said that.

54 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Philly's media is just fawking awful. They sure know how to twist the narrative to get the sheeple riled up.:nonono:

Many of them are actually very unprofessional.  I get that they have to ask the tough questions, that's their job.  But many of them get emotional and act like an upset fan.  It's like taking a handful of fans from the EMB and giving them a job to ask questions in the press conference and then write articles with their spin.

One reporter asked Doug "Why is Alshon even on the team?"  It was incredibly rude and unprofessional, especially to a coach that will always be looking out for the players.  You could ask what do you see is Alshon's role on this team now that he's back from injury or something.

Philly media is always looking for the negative.  Media and fans jump all over every negative report and believe it even when it's just unnamed "sources."  But any positive response or evidence even when players and coaches deny it, they don't believe that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, greend said:

You're better than this. I don't see where anyone said that.

The defense of Wentz is absolutely ridiculous and it pushes people to this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

The defense of Wentz is absolutely ridiculous and it pushes people to this point. 

Nah, all that was being said was that Hurts wasn't all that good either. That's a fair point. Whether Wentz is here next year or not I really don't think Hurts is the man for the job. But we've all been wrong before.

All that said you're still a way better poster imo than that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No one is defending Wentz, but this narrative that Hurts made the offense better is false.

Every team has adjusted and shut the offense down once they got a handle on the running.

2 scores in 21 second half possessions.

18 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Cherry picking.  LOL at how hard you are working to justify a 1-3 record and horrible play.

So what was Wentz's record before he got benched????? I'll  wait. I'm LOL at how hard you are trying to justify a multi million dollar failure