Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

Per Everyone, Schefeter, Rappoport, Garofolo

I like it. Should be interesting the staff he assembles.

• Like 8

I'm meh. Wasn't either of the HC's I wanted. I'm just happy it wasn't McDaniels

Extremely curious what his staff will look like

One of the reasons people didnt want Duce is because no one else interviewed him. Wonder what they think of this guy who was a JAG a couple days ago.

Shrug... G'Luck to the guy. Replacing a super bowl winning head coach, who was money in big games, with a guy who never called a game in his life. Howie still can't draft and we're still in cap purgatory. Not the best place to drop in a first time head coach.

• Like 2

I think the hope with Sirianni is that he fixes Wentz. Hurts should be on the way out IMO and get a backup like CJ Beathard that also has a similar personality

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is an excellent decision IMO. I don't know why he wasn't more popular, but he deserves the position.

I hope the reporters call him "Siri' and that a lot of people's cell phones start answering questions. The entertainment value would be over the top.  But, he does fit the typical Lurie hire as HC, a guy under the radar and not on a lot of people's list.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, beto_eagles said:

This is an excellent decision IMO. I don't know why he wasn't more popular, but he deserves the position.

What do you know about him?

Glad it isn't McDaniels.  This guy seems to have been around the league a few years and been exposed to lots of different coaches and schemes.  The only thing that pops off the stats sheet is that the Colts offense ranked #2 in number of sacks allowed, yet ranked #10 in passing yards.  Great!  Welcome aboard!

Just now, CaliEagle said:

I hope the reporters call him "Siri' and that a lot of people's cell phones start answering questions. The entertainment value would be over the top.  But, he does fit the typical Lurie hiring as HC, a guy under the radar and not on a lot of people's list.

Wonder if Siri wowed Lurie with voluminous notes.  

• Like 1

I don't know anything about him other than his resume but seems like a good hire on paper.  You never know how coaching hires will work out of course.  I do like that he worked with the Chiefs, Chargers and Colts and worked with Reich who was a very good OC for us obviously.  

Very curious to see how he and Howie will work together, what input he'll have on personnel decisions and hiring his own coaching staff.

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

Wonder if Siri wowed Lurie with voluminous notes.  

Three or more Howie compliments = a voluminous notes subsititute

I don’t hate this. Definitely curious to see what he can do. Thrilled it’s not a Reid tree hire. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't know anything about him other than his resume but seems like a good hire on paper.  You never know how coaching hires will work out of course.  I do like that he worked with the Chiefs, Chargers and Colts and worked with Reich who was a very good OC for us obviously.  

Very curious to see how he and Howie will work together, what input he'll have on personnel decisions and hiring his own coaching staff.

I just hope they allow him some say on his staff. The fact they are blocking Fipp looks like they might be influencing him on his staff choices.

15 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Waiting for all the TATE hot takes on a guy they never heard of a couple of days ago...

WTF..who is that? I mean this is the best that we could do? After 2 weeks of searching? This is pathetic. Here comes losing for another 4 years before we get a new head coach. Lurie sucks, Howie sucks. I don't know why i even support this team.

• Haha 1