Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

From that presser, he seems like an even slower thinker than Doug. Should be a treat watching his rapid fire decisions on game day.

51 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

From that presser, he seems like an even slower thinker than Doug. Should be a treat watching his rapid fire decisions on game day.

Not for nothing, but do you remember back in the day how many times the Eagles had to call timeout cause they couldn’t get the plays in under Reid? That was not an issue with Doug and no coach seemed to go for it on 4th down as often as he did. Slow processing never seemed to be a problem for Doug, but his decision making was not a strong point for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Not for nothing, but do you remember back in the day how many times the Eagles had to call timeout cause they couldn’t get the plays in under Reid? That was not an issue with Doug and no coach seemed to go for it on 4th down as often as he did. Slow processing never seemed to be a problem for Doug, but his decision making was not a strong point for him. 

He didn't have to think about he he just went for it. lol. Maybe Sirianni will be fine. I'm just poking fun because his presser was really bad and he looked exhausted, high, or both, but he was visibly slow IMO. We'll see over time as he settles in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

He didn't have to think about he he just went for it. lol. Maybe Sirianni will be fine. I'm just poking fun because his presser was really bad and he looked exhausted, high, or both, but he was visibly slow IMO. We'll see over time as he settles in.

I’m not too concerned about his presser, but the Eagles did a horrible job preparing him for what he was up against. 😂 That to me was more on the PR people than him. He can grunt up there like Belicheat or say "I gotta do a better job” like Reid did for all I care. As long as he wins it will not matter, but he better win. I don’t expect much year one, but he better step up by year two. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Agree on Doug.  He did make quick decisions.

My favorite with Reid was calling a timeout and then immediately getting a delay of game penalty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

My favorite with Reid was calling a timeout and then immediately getting a delay of game penalty.

My favorite was from the Westbrook kneel down game in Dallas. Earlier in that game, Reid called a timeout, decided to challenge the previous play during that timeout. Lost the challenge, and lost a 2nd timeout. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Rumors were that he took the fall for Donovan there. I remember Jon Ritchie saying McNabb had a hard time understanding the plays and there were at times really long and complicated. I don’t know how true that was and Ritchie didn’t play here that long either. 

22 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Rumors were that he took the fall for Donovan there. I remember Jon Ritchie saying McNabb had a hard time understanding the plays and there were at times really long and complicated. I don’t know how true that was and Ritchie didn’t play here that long either. 

To be fair, it's gotta be hard to get everything right if last night's vodka is still kicking in.

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2021 at 11:35 PM, PoconoDon said:

His decisions will be straightforward.  They are going to run a variation of the Buddy Ryan Randall Cunningham offense, just without the early 90's Eagles defense and Hurts running with the football instead of Randall.

12 hours ago, eagle45 said:

His decisions will be straightforward.  They are going to run a variation of the Buddy Ryan Randall Cunningham offense, just without the early 90's Eagles defense and Hurts running with the football instead of Randall.

That offense was pretty much awful. They didn’t actually get decent until Kotite became OC. Hope he’s a little more creative than the way Ryan just wanted to make like two plays a game by the quarterback and they would win mentality of Buddy Ryan. 

On 2/25/2021 at 9:06 PM, jsdarkstar said:

This will be the story of the guy who, in 2029 and 2030, had great success as the head coach of an AFC team, and who cut his teeth under fire in Philly.  I think it's too early for this guy.

• Like 1