Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

Now watch Sirianni hire Press Taylor as OC and everyone flip the F out!  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, time2rock said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Hopefully this makes trading Wentz to Indy easier. 

That the takeaway would be hiring a Reich protege to come here to get RID of Wentz sure is an interesting take when it’s painfully obvious we already chose Carson over Doug bc of his contract and their relationship being broken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Uh you do realize hiring Frank's OC is a very big sign we are keeping Wentz right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Uh you do realize hiring Frank's OC is a very big sign we are keeping Wentz right?

Hurts Humpers are having a bad day.

22 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd be ok with him making Duce OC. 

38 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

That would be a mistake. They need to surround Sirianni with experienced coordinators, especially at DC.

I'm fine with a young DC, but I want him to get a more seasoned OC with playcalling experience.  

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I'd be ok with him making Duce OC. 

No. Let's make a clean break. The only way Duce should stay is as RB coach. But since he won't keep the assistant head coach title, it's time for him to move on...if anyone wants him. He would be best served trying to be an OC in college.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

No. Let's make a clean break. The only way Duce should stay is as RB coach. But since he won't keep the assistant head coach title, it's time for him to move on...if anyone wants him. He would be best served trying to be an OC in college.

Duce needs to realize he is a RB coach with a made-up title of Associate HC 

He was part of the problem and as you said his resume just isn't strong enough to even warrant an OC position 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm fine with a young DC, but I want him to get a more seasoned OC with playcalling experience.  

I would think he's going to want to call plays since he is an offensive coach. Who knows though.

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Duce needs to realize he is a RB coach with a made-up title of Associate HC 

He also needs to realize that his random RB rotation is dumb.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MagicMoment said:

Doug got fired because the team wants to keep Wentz.  He won't go anywhere no matter who is the new HC is.  More than that, the new HC has to show he can work with Wentz before he gets the job. 

Don’t know much about the guy to have an opinion here. But I’ve seen some positive things said about him. We’ll see how it pans out but I’m willing to give the guy a chance

Players:  "We want Duce!!”

Howie:  "I want McDaniels!!”

Lurie: "F you all!!”

Personally I’m glad neither got what they wanted (for different reasons).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T-1000 said:

I would think he's going to want to call plays since he is an offensive coach. Who knows though.

Possibly, but even to consult with it makes sense to have a more seasoned OC with him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

He's probably going to be calling plays himself anyway. The OC is just going to assist.  So it's a good way to see if Duce has what it takes while learning the role. 

The key to me no matter who Lurie and rosemary chose is how well the coach works with roseman and how involved howie and Lurie will be with every faucet of the team 

If Lurie stays out of drafting and howie stays out of game day decisions and let Siri hire his own staff then siri could have a chance.

If howie and Lurie continue to meddle and dictate to the coach his every move I imagine it will eventually lead to a frustrated coach with a group of discombobulated staff.

• Like 1

Sirianni? Sounds like a great Italian pasta dish. Count me in!

Welcome Coach! Behind you all the way.  Choose your OC and DC wisely and let's see what you can do.