Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

10 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Gotta get the offensive guys early because they go quick with a  good offense. 

20 minutes ago, Kz! said:

Oh man, he's not "super smart." what a letdown. 

But can he core a apple??

honeymooners.PNG

3 minutes ago, jblah said:

they were still compiling a list of coaches to interview at that time.

Pederson fired on Jan 11th and the Eagles request interviews with a couple coaches on the 12th. But for some odd reason they don't put in a request to interview one of the top OCs in the NFL? They put in a few request to interview coaches who were still coaching in the playoffs but ya...

Oh well...

19 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Facts! Duce needs to leave to further his career!

Duce may want to think about going to the college ranks for a bit, either as a HC or OC. If he is somewhat successful, that should open the door for him to come back to the NFL as a head coach. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

Super smart people can way over think things and be horrible with people.

how much do you want to bet that this will be the first question by the philly media? How do you respond to the tweet that you are not super smart..but just smart. lol

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I also think this also is a sign that Wentz stays. They grabbed one of Fran's guys as the next best thing to Frank himself. 

I think there is little doubt about that. I think the question now is do we try and get some picks for Hurtz.

I can't say if this is a good hire or not. Most everything I know about the guy I have learned since the hire was announced. Besides I don't like to try and assess talent. I leave that to others. I will say I didn't see this coming and he was completely off my radar. As of yesterday I was certain it was McDaniels or Duce. It sure seems the hire has everything to do with Wentz and thinking they can turn him around. I have always believed anyone that had doubts about Wentz was out of the running.

Just glad it wasn't a retread. He may not be a big name but he's got my support.

• Like 5

Wonder if Shane Steichen, Anthony Lynn or Mike McCoy are names to watch for our OC role now.

Whilst I don’t think Douggie works this year, the Colts OC job might be appealing to him. Get the band together. Can also see Press Taylor ending up there

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wentz haters been suspiciously quite the last couple of days.

Been sort of nice. Maybe they are at their convention or something?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

How dare the Eagles not bend to the mob and hire Eric Bieniemy! This is egregious! 

I had zero interest in Bieniemy.  

Then again, most of the candidates that were in the mix I was just meh on.  

3 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

Just glad it wasn't a retread. He may not be a big name but he's got my support.

Better than McDaniels

3 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

buzz killer 😡

buzzkill.jpg

You're welcome

• Haha 1

Well, I hoped for defensive minded HC, but I wish him good luck of course and hopefully he will manage to get something out of Wentz...I am just afraid that our D will have more holes than emental...If Cox is not on the field it is close to non existent

I don't love it or hate it. I do like the fact that they went for a home run and Lurie has always done pretty well with coaching hires. The coordinator hires are going to be very important in my opinion. I will say this though. If they were going with someone without head coaching experience why not just give Duce the opportunity.

Just now, T-1000 said:

I don't love it or hate it. I do like the fact that they went for a home run and Lurie has always done pretty well with coaching hires. The coordinator hires are going to be very important in my opinion. I will say this though. If they were going with someone without head coaching experience why not just give Duce the opportunity.

1. Part of the last regime

2. Never been a coordinator (Sirriani has been QB and WR coach as well as OC)

3. Has legit zero interest from other teams (Browns wanted to interview Sirianni a couple years ago)

4. Nonsensical RB rotation

The real question is why was Duce ever considered a legitimate candidate by fans and the media?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lurie:  "So, basically, Nick, we are the gold standard at turning nobody’s into "could have been somebody’s”, so we think you will fit right in”.  "Check in with Howie, he is in the cubicle next to the soda pop machine-have you seen the soda pop machine?  It’s great!  Howie keeps it stocked for me.  What was I saying?  Oh yes, check in with Howie, he will get your papers drawn up.  He is excited to have you on board.  He’s been manning the ole dry cleaning run since we had to let that Donald Peterman guy go, so he will be happy to let you help him on that.  He will give you the details.  Welcome aboard!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1