Eagles hire Nick Sirianni as Head Coach (Colts OC)

Portyansky

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

I'm sure Howie has already introduced him to his new coaching staff. 

You jest, but that would be a good thing.  The Eagles brass helped assemble a pretty respectable staff for Dougie when he was hired.

6 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

From a Colts message board

Hopefully we ship Wentz to Indy now ... the joke will be on them!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliEagle said:

Nick's people skills are better than McDaniels' people skills.  You can see that he is comfortable talking to players.  So, that should help in terms of getting players to buy in to some degree. The unknown is how well he will do in creating an offense and how he will do overseeing the staff.  

Johnathon Gannon seems to be tied to to him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Blackfish said:

I wonder who Howie gets as his defensive coordinator? 

Word is that it will be John Gannon - DB coach for the Colts.  Apparently he's a hot name right now.

Several amusing experiment show that this is definitely going to be an issue with iPhones.  

If you say 'Hey Sirianni', siri thinks it's something like Siri Ani or Siri Yanni.

3 minutes ago, Procus said:

Word is that it will be John Gannon - DB coach for the Colts.  Apparently he's a hot name right now.

I'm ready for a new defensive approach/philosophy. I don't think Jim was a bad coach. But, his scheme was based mostly on the front 4 getting pressure and not a lot of creativity outside of that and he replied on players trying to overcome battles vs. making adjustments like double teams, etc.

3 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Several amusing experiment show that this is definitely going to be an issue with iPhones.  

If you say 'Hey Sirianni', siri thinks it's something like Siri Ani or Siri Yanni.

I say nickname him Siri and let the fun begin. We could get some real honest answers in PCs.

• Like 2

Okay, so who is this guy LOL. Seems like a reach, I hope it works out and he doesnt let howie push him around.

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm ready for a new defensive approach/philosophy. I don't think Jim was a bad coach. But, his scheme was based mostly on the front 4 getting pressure and not a lot of creativity outside of that and he replied on players trying to overcome battles vs. making adjustments like double teams, etc.

I say nickname him Siri and le the fun begin. We could get some real honest answers in PCs.

I bet he is an android user, I would be 

14 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Trying to figure out how this JAG is more qualified than Byron Leftwich who can't buy an interview...

What makes Leftwich a qualified candidate ??

Just now, QBhunter58 said:

I bet he is an android user, I would be 

I am, too. But, some of those reporters in there will have iphones.

25 minutes ago, dsryan24 said:

I think the hope with Sirianni is that he fixes Wentz. Hurts should be on the way out IMO and get a backup like CJ Beathard that also has a similar personality

Hurts should be on the way out because you want a backup QB with a "similar personality"? (Who just also happens to be white with red hair?)

Sooo the 1st thing you're concerned with is.....personality? 

• Haha 2

He started his coaching career in college coaching defensive backs, so that's something extra.  Maybe he will pound his fist for Howie to draft corners high.

• Like 1

So he had top 10 offenses in 2018 and 2020 with Luck and Rivers. In 2019 when Luck retired right before the season, he still managed to have an offense that was 16th in points. Pretty impressive.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

So he had top 10 offenses in 2018 and 2020 with Luck and Rivers. In 2019 when Luck retired right before the season, he still managed to have an offense that was 16th in points. Pretty impressive.

Kept the offense moving three years in a row with three different QB's.  Clearly he can adapt what he is doing to the QB.  Will not be stubborn and force the QB to adapt to him.

20 minutes ago, jblah said:

WTF..who is that? I mean this is the best that we could do? After 2 weeks of searching? This is pathetic. Here comes losing for another 4 years before we get a new head coach. Lurie sucks, Howie sucks. I don't know why i even support this team.

Nobody wanted the job. I think they thought Reilly was in the bag, but he backed out.

If I'm Duce, I'm leaving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Nobody wanted the job. I think they thought Reilly was in the bag, but he backed out.

To go where? Someone needs to want to hire him.

Guessing he stays as the RB coach.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Maybe he is promoted to OC?

Just now, vikas83 said:

To go where? Someone needs to want to hire him.

Guessing he stays as the RB coach.

Yeah I know. I know he makes good money regardless, but I feel like they've been stringing him along for years. I was starting to get on board with Staley as a candidate to HC.

Only thing concerning to me and it may not matter is he didn't call plays in Indy. Otherwise I think good pick. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Maybe he is promoted to OC?

Full time OC and let Press Taylor go. None of this "running and passing" coordinator garbage.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, downundermike said:

What makes Leftwich a qualified candidate ??

Idk his offenses have been better...

3 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

I love Duce but not having any OC experience concerned me, maybe he gets more of a role under the new coach.

I also think this also is a sign that Wentz stays. They grabbed one of Franks guys as the next best thing to Frank himself.