Update: Duce Staley hired by Lions as RB/Asst HC

Macho Grande

Good for Duce.  He needs to expand his scope and get more experience in other coaching trees.  If would be best for him to distance from the Andy Reid tree though for more perspectives.  Going to work with Nagy would just be the same...

Loved having him around all this time, but I'm more than fine with Duce going somewhere else for a while.  Eagles have been more than good to Duce throughout his entire career, but they're still being dragged through the mud.  Let some other team worry about all the drama that now surrounds him because of clueless fans driven by the race-baiting media every time he isn't automatically given a promotion every year.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrFadedGlory said:

Andy’s new OC if Bieniemy get a HC gig.

We have dumb brass here. 

I think he'll just promote Kafka to OC so he can't be poached by Bieniemy for the Texans OC job if he becomes the HC there.

Duce probably wouldn't get more than another RB coach job with another team for now, but working in a different system and being successful could boost his stock down the road. 

• Like 2

On 1/22/2021 at 9:59 PM, EazyEaglez said:

If I were him I would leave. 

I would to. It's clear he is never going to go any higher than co-coordinator, which is a dumb title. So the fact that he wasn't considered as the lone offensive coordinator is telling. At least with the Bears he has a shot.

• Like 1

It shouldn't matter how many players stand up for Duce.  What's clear is that the FO doesn't believe in him enough to promote him.

Good luck at your next stop, Duce.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2021 at 6:34 PM, Madriver said:

He needs a change of scenery to help his career. Been stuck in one place/system too long.

I would argue that the "systems' have all been different, however, the scenery/politics change could do him a world of good. I sincerely wish him the best and hope one day he becomes a successful head coach

I would have been onboard with Duce as HC if he had more experience in other areas on offense so maybe this change will help his future career, I wish him well.

56 minutes ago, MrFadedGlory said:

We have dumb brass here. 

i'm sure they know what duce offers more then you

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr_Philly said:

I would have been onboard with Duce as HC if he had more experience in other areas on offense so maybe this change will help his future career, I wish him well.

I love Duce as a player and an RB coach, but I wasn’t comfortable with him making the leap to HC for the Eagles. If he was killing it as an RB and the organization felt he could continue to grow, then he should considered for OC. I trust that the organization has the answer to this question. If the answer is no, then I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes. 

6 minutes ago, Columbus Eagle said:

Can Howie trade him and get a 7th rounder?  :ph34r:

Yes, trading a coach is a thing. Not that it would be likely, but it has happened in the past. Oakland traded Gruden to Tampa Bay. 

1 hour ago, MrFadedGlory said:

We have dumb brass here. 

Duce turned down the OC job here a couple of years ago because it didn't come with play calling duties.  You think Andy will offer something better?  Yokay.  Duce was one of Andy's guys.  Andy could've brought him along to KC with him when he left.  But he didn't.  Andy could've offered Duce the OC job in KC back when we stole Pederson away from them.  But he didn't.  Can't help but wonder if maybe Andy doesn't think as highly of Duce as you seem to think he does.   

There's a literal meltdown on Twitter on what a disgrace the Eagles organization is for not promoting Duce to HC.

What has he done to merit being the HC?  Because some players want him promoted - players who won't be with the club in 2 years. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It's amazing how so many fans and media members are making him out to be a martyr while this is a guy who turned down an OC position with the Eagles in 2018 because it didn't involved play calling duties. I love Duce and wish him well but the outrage over him not getting the head coaching position is getting ridiculous.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Procus said:

There's a literal meltdown on Twitter ...

Can't that be said just about every day about so many things? One good reason to stay away from it as much as possible lol.

• Like 2

Team that drafted Duce into the NFL: 

Philadelphia Eagles

List of teams that were willing to take a chance on Duce as a coach after his playing days: 

1. Philadelphia Eagles

List of NFL teams to offer Duce an OC job: 

1. Philadelphia Eagles

List of NFL teams to even interview Duce for a HC job:

1. Philadelphia Eagles

Clueless fans and race-baiting media on twitter:

"Man, the Eagles really have shafted Duce!"

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Procus said:

There's a literal meltdown on Twitter on what a disgrace the Eagles organization is for not promoting Duce to HC.

What has he done to merit being the HC?  Because some players want him promoted - players who won't be with the club in 2 years. 

Seen a lot of upset fans on facebook too