Eagles hire Shane Steichen as OC (Chargers OC)

eaglesfan0075

12 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don’t know much about him, but just like with Siri and Gannon, I’m intrigued more by the fact that I know so little about this staff. I only know I like Stoutland returning. Everyone else...clean slate. Let’s see what they can do. 

The clean slate was exactly what we were hoping for on the field.         Damn shame it didn't happen upstairs as well.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, DBW said:

Chargers offense plays fast and throws the ball to star WRs....we just need a star WR.  
I really like these guys they brought in.  You’re going to see the team playing fast on both sides of the ball.  A lot of quick reads and getting guys into space so they can run.  We’re gonna see how "fast”  Reagor is or isn’t that’s for sure.  And we’re going to find out really quickly if Carson can read a defense and take the easy play.  If he can’t, he won’t last.  

Howie special. 

FA6EE245-127F-4E96-ABAD-4403D7C458F7.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

People want to be first but they post with no links, tweets, or anything (this one at least saw it on TV).  But we've seen plenty of rumors, speculation and things posted.  Remember when everyone was so sure Josh McDaniels was the hire?

Then people read the first post and don't see the "proof" until later it raises questions.  We run a tight ship here!  :P

Understood. I need to do a better job there as far as being consistent with it. 👍🏻

9 hours ago, Madriver said:

Seriously, and even though Andy is back in the big game, this year should have an asterisk for everybody. No offseason, messed up scheduling...not a real NFL season IMO.

Except for TB12.

He should get nothing, nothing.

Go Big Red!

11 hours ago, time2rock said:

Same here.  I don’t expect instantaneous results ... there are certainly going to be growing pains.  But the interest level is a lot higher for me.  I knew this past season was going to be a clunker long before it started.  

I knew it was going to be clunker during Round 1&2&3 of the NFL draft.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/eagles-part-ways-qb-coach-193655235.html

Carson’s banana boy is outta here. That might be the best news out of all of this. 

CA2A3628-C37F-41A3-8867-7BDFEAE0D1AF.thumb.jpeg.36b6db6329771283e4a9ac953be91e87.jpegIs that the reason why he’s Carson’s banana boy? I see what appears to be a banana peel! 

15 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Interesting

It looks like they’re transforming into the "Pro Set” offense from Wentz’ college days. I always thought Wentz was really good selling play action.

This does not seem to be great news for Jalen Hurts.

Thats fine because the franchise is heavily invested in wentz and they should do whatever necessary to get him right, again.

No objections yet, all these guys are young and somewhat unknowns but it does appear they at least have some kind of plan.  The only icing on the cake we need is for Howie to swallow his pride and bring in real football consultants to help him with the draft since Lurie will never fire him. 

• Like 1

Can't say I know a lot about Steichen but hey I like that they are bringing in young coaches. It may not work out but at least they are bringing in young guys who they will hopefully give time to help rebuild this roster.

14 hours ago, kiwieagle said:

Not surprising - called this a few days ago given background with Sirianni and the new Chargers regime.

Would love to see them follow up with Mike McCoy or Pep Hamilton as QB coach now. Also wonder if the Wiz would consider TE coach / Assistant HC position here with this staff 

Side note, interesting direction the Chargers are taking - i wouldn’t have been so keen to get rid of Steichen (and potentially Pep) - guys closest to your franchise QB, Herbert, after the rookie year he just had!

I think the chargers made a mistake firing Lynn. They were a few years away from competing regardless of who they hired as coach when they hired him. Add in the move to LA and Rivers getting old and you're looking at a 4-5 year rebuild. They got him a franchise qb this year, he puts up great numbers, they fire the coach. Just dumb imo. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EagleMatt said:

Thats fine because the franchise is heavily invested in wentz and they should do whatever necessary to get him right, again.

I’m not sure a guy with zero accountability can be fixed.

I am cautiously optimistic, from everything I am hearing, listening to BGN radio, Inside the Birds, Eagle Eye, and Go Birds podcasts, Nick and his staff seemed to be what we need. I don't care about the age, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. I believe in the Eagles. the biggest thing is we need to ABSOLUTLEY NAIL the next 2-3 NFL drafts because of the turnover of roster and good players that are drafted will make new coaches look good. You can't draft bad players or ones that get poached from the practice squad and expect our team to be good. Our core will be younger hopefully soon, and we need all the draft picks to be on the 53 man roster, none on the PS (No Toohills or Noahs lost). 

On 1/25/2021 at 9:36 AM, Traveler Vic said:

Jalen Hurts is not a finished product. He can throw a very nice spiral as well. If Hurts sits for a year and learns under Nick ..I believe that he will demonstrate that he is not a running back who can throw..but  a QB that can also run. Looking forward to it.

Yeah, this is more than likely how things will play out, Wentz has at least next year if decides that playing for the Eagles isn't so bad afterall.

Depending on how next year goes the option to turn to Hurts is there or stay with Wentz and ditto for two years from now, then it's decision time.

46 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Yeah, this is more than likely how things will play out, Wentz has at least next year if decides that playing for the Eagles isn't so bad afterall.

Depending on how next year goes the option to turn to Hurts is there or stay with Wentz and ditto for two years from now, then it's decision time.

I’d be surprised if the starting QB in 2022 isn’t someone other than Wentz or Hurt.

11 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I’d be surprised if the starting QB in 2022 isn’t someone other than Wentz or Hurt.

I assume that would largely depend a lot on Wentz. Not only his performance on the field next season but his relationship with coaches and players. If Wentz doesn't work out I see Siri getting the chance to bring in his pick for QB. Maybe that's Hurts but I would be surprised if Siri's long term plan includes Hurts or Wentz.  I'm fairly certain Siri took the job in spite of the QB situation and not because of it. I suspect his plan is to navigate through it the best he can but unless either Wentz or Hurts really shines under this coaching staff, he moves on from both.

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

So yo think they'll bring in someone else?

If so this is the year to do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Everything lines up:

- Good QB talent available

- Rebuilding year

- Roster purge will make it difficult to win, but a healthy offensive line will be able to protect your new franchise QB

I would do it this year. I don’t think they will, though.

Man this is like draft day... no clue who these 4th and 5th rounder people are until I read some articles lol.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It's not a good year considering how much cap space we have invested in Wentz. No sense bringing in a new QB this year with all of the other needs. After next season the picture will be much clearer in regards to Wentz, cap and other needs. I think we'll know a lot more about the future at QB after next season. I would be totally surprised if Wentz is not the starter next season. The question for me is if Hurtz is here or if they try and get something for him. It's hard to speculate what this new regime might do. Again, the picture will be much clearer in a year.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:47 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Howie special. 

FA6EE245-127F-4E96-ABAD-4403D7C458F7.jpeg

Yo, number 19- grab the umbrella and YOU hold it FOR HER. That's what men do. Never mind. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Thing3 said:

It's not a good year considering how much cap space we have invested in Wentz. 

True, but was looking at from a talent available point of view.

8 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Yo, number 19- grab the umbrella and YOU hold it FOR HER. That's what men do. Never mind. 🤣

JJAW should be holding the umbrella so that his mom can have her hands free so that we can see if she can catch a ball better than he can. 

• Haha 1