Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

Even if you wanted to draft a QB for insurance, at least draft Eason. Hurts F****** sucks.

Was never a believer even at Alabama. And apparently I could look good in the Oklahoma offense. Or anywhere in the big 12 for that matter

If this was any other QB I would be angry.

But Jalen Hurts is a very, very good QB. So we got a very good player at the most valuable position in football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Drafting this F'er is the reason we didn't trade up for Lamb???

F*** you Howie, I hope you get fired ASAP.

So we used the first on a speed guy that lacks real numbers and the 2nd on a BU QB... This is Howie clearly thinking he’s smarter than everyone else. 

• Like 2

Makes no sense at all. You could sign a ton of QB's after the draft for a taysom hill type. JFC this is mind boggling.

4 minutes ago, TOisStillaPuss? said:

What the absolute f*****

Only thing I can think is that Carson is going to announce his retirement soon or the Eagles know that he's going to be hurt forever.

maybe bill bellichik has secret called howie and offered 3 first rounders for wentz and Howie can't resist. 

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

If this was any other QB I would be angry.

But Jalen Hurts is a very, very good QB. So we got a very good player at the most valuable position in football.

We already had a good player at the most valuable position in football. This was an absolute waste.

Actions speak louder than words. Eagles will move away from Wentz, maybe even by next year. Wentz can't stay healthy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am not watching the draft because i did not expect anything exciting, and then this happens.  Good god its going to be an offseason + of talking about QBs

11 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

But Why GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

So many good reasons.  First, this guy is a stud.  Second, he brings hands on experience from running Lincoln Riley's offense.  Third, strong backup who will keep Wentz from getting too cocky.  There is a LOT this guy brings to the table.  With the Eagles, it all begins in the QB room.  I am fully behind this pick.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

We already had a good player at the most valuable position in football. This was an absolute waste.

Yep

Anyone who comes at me with the BPA argument ever again will be directed to this pick. So we didn’t trade our 2nd to get Lamb so we could get a backup QB? It’s like Howie is trying to piss the fan base off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

WTF! Fire Howie now!!! What a Fing waste of a second round pick!!!!

Yup...I'm convinced he has no clue what hes doing.

There better be a story come out that his son made the pick by accident or something.

Did they submit the wrong Oklahoma card!?

1 minute ago, Procus said:

So many good reasons.  First, this guy is a stud.  Second, he brings hands on experience from running Lincoln Riley's offense.  Third, strong backup who will keep Wentz from getting too cocky.  There is a LOT this guy brings to the table.  With the Eagles, it all begins in the QB room.  I am fully behind this pick.

but to intentionally pick a back up in round 2.... with safeties, WRs, LBs, and edge rushers on the board

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Hit the hard liquor already huh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RUEagle said:

Disaster.   This draft is an absolute disaster. 

May as well have done a Ditka for Lamb. At least we wouldn't have to be subject to this f***ery right now

2 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

What in the hell did I just see and hear? 

Be honest, do you think the Eagles FO and coaching staff really believe in Wentz, even after giving him the contract?

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

Just stop. It’s a waste.