Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can't help but think Wnetz is gonna see this as a vote of no confidence by the FO. Between him being pummelled in the media, his comparison with Foles, and now this? At some point he's gonna lose it and want out.

I see it as more motivation for him. He’s a competitor to the tenth degree 

• Like 1

F Hurts. Idc that he's an Eagle. I wish him nothing but the worst

In case you guys didn't notice, Wentz doesn't have long for this (football) world. I suggested we get a QB a long time ago.

Wentz traded to Patriots for conditional 3rd round pick and our Super Bowl rings from 2005

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Young break out age. Explosive player. Could give Wentz plays off. Will be coming off of rookie deal right around when Wentz deal is expiring. 

And it's still the worst draft pick ever made in the history of everything.

• Like 1

I must be suffering from delusions due to this lockdown because I just imagined the Eagles drafted a QB in the second round.

1 minute ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Philadelphia media is gonna have a field day with this. Such a horrible pick by the GM. He’s created more division by making this move. 

• Like 2

Just now, GrahamCracker said:

Young break out age. Explosive player. Could give Wentz plays off. Will be coming off of rookie deal right around when Wentz deal is expiring. 

This means the pick makes even less sense.

Just now, Big___Al said:

In case you guys didn't notice, Wentz doesn't have long for this (football) world. I suggested we get a QB a long time ago.

C'mon Big__Al, that's BS.  Wentz probably had his best year of football last season.  Maybe he doesn't have long for the Eagles but I Wentz can have a long and successful career in the NFL.

That concussion to end another season probably played a large part in this pick. Players have been known to go downhill fast after the first one. It's not like it wasn't a need. Watching McCown was painful if anybody forgot how the season ended last year. 16 games isn't the goal here. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Even if you wanted to draft a QB for insurance, at least draft Eason. Hurts F****** sucks.

I don’t watch college football, because it’s hot garbage and I’m not a moron. 

But the player who has gotten all sorts of accolades and success all 4 years in college, and finished the season 4 months ago as the NUMBER TWO overall player in NCAA "F********* sucks” is further proof at how trash college football is :roll: 

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

F Hurts. Idc that he's an Eagle. I wish him nothing but the worst

Racist! 

4 minutes ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

NoDak I'm curious what Carson has to think about a pick like this.  Dude has to be pissed and I don't blame him.

He should be. Denzel Mims and Van Jefferson were both available to draft and give Wentz another young WR to grow with.

If Wentz struggles, the media is going to have a field day with this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Can't help but think Wnetz is gonna see this as a vote of no confidence by the FO. Between him being pummelled in the media, his comparison with Foles, and now this? At some point he's gonna lose it and want out.

Well if that is the case, he's not cut out to be the QB here.   Every position needs competition, even though QB is entrenched.  Should Jackpot quit because they drafted a WR?

They need a competent backup and should take a flyer on one every year.  Just not in the 2nd round.  It's a good idea, just bad execution.

1 minute ago, jsb235 said:

I must be suffering from delusions due to this lockdown because I just imagined the Eagles drafted a QB in the second round.

If that were the case we would have slightly less outrage

They actually pissed away a 2nd rounder

• Haha 1

Did Howie spill coffee on his computer?

So we passed on trading up for lamb for a wait for it...........  a backup QB

• Like 1

On a positive note, we now have TWO quarterbacks that are better than any of the Cowboys quarterbacks.

6 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

Seriously I gotta ask is he contemplating Retirement or somthing?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Iggles99 said:

I’m just praying this is some part of a Yannick trade later on in summer lol

Not a bad thought actually.  Maybe a team who wasn't in position to draft him asked us to draft him to work out a player and pick trade later, but we couldve just done that initially...