Round 2 (#53): Eagles select Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma QB)

Moderator6

Howie has some serious explaining to do here.

7 minutes ago, jmac+djaxallday said:

Howie needs to go.  This draft has been the epitome of overthinking/what goes wrong when analytics take too much priority in football decisions.  Defense is a thing and we have holes everywhere.

I don't even think analytics support this decision.

3 minutes ago, NoDak Eagle said:

What in the hell did I just see and hear? 

HOT GARBAGE!!!

Maybe we trade him to Dallas for Lamb when they cannot sign Dak after the season?

I had no issue with the Reagor pick - understood it completely.

This pick is ludicrous though.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Procus said:

So many good reasons.  First, this guy is a stud.  Second, he brings hands on experience from running Lincoln Riley's offense.  Third, strong backup who will keep Wentz from getting too cocky.  There is a LOT this guy brings to the table.  With the Eagles, it all begins in the QB room.  I am fully behind this pick.

If Wentz stays healthy, as he did for 16 games last year, then it's a waste. Surely there are better ways to keep Wentz motivated than spending a 2nd round pick. This is inexcusable.

Reagor was a tolerable pick. 

This one.... :roll:

Get a backup to groom in the mid round.  Not in the 2nd.  Holy hell Batman

• Like 3

If he was at 103 sure i can talk myself into it, but to waste 53 on a backup qb/gadget player is inexcusable 

• Like 2

So, cool, we have some insurance in case our veteran QB goes down.  Now, we can put the game (or maybe even a season) on the line with a rookie who has never played in the NFL.  Great pick.  Totally makes a ton of sense.  On the upside, at least we didn't try to get help at any number of other positions.

Maybe he saw "QB" and thought maybe it said "CB" instead?

Wasted pick. I hope this is trade bait for Yannick, but I'm not holding my breath.

Howie effed up here. You do not take a developmental QB when you have a $128 million franchise QB.

• Like 2

Wentz is gone in 2-3 years. Trade or retirement. That’s all I can think of to explain this.

• Like 1

That pick was such a WTF moment. I totally expected them to draft a need position and get a developmental QB in the later rounds. But this pick doesn't make any sense to me. 

Just now, PhillyPhreak24 said:

Wasted pick. I hope this is trade bait for Yannick, but I'm not holding my breath.

Howie effed up here. You do not take a developmental QB when you already have a $128 million franchise QB already.

They aren’t giving up on Minshew

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Be honest, do you think the Eagles FO and coaching staff really believe in Wentz, even after giving him the contract?

I don’t know what they think with Howie at the helm 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hukdonfoniks said:

Reagor was a tolerable pick. 

I think Reagor was an underrated pick, TBH.  I am on board with that.  This kid would have put up SICK numbers if he played at LSU.  He's a legit burner and an instant upgrade on special teams.  

This pick is a disaster.

• Like 2

I might like this pick given Wentzs injury history but good god get the back up in later rounds and use this pick for short term improvement.  This is just putting gas in a tinder box

• Like 1

Man the Eagles are blowing up everything right now. The message board, the roster, the draft....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoDak Eagle said:

NoDak I'm curious what Carson has to think about a pick like this.  Dude has to be pissed and I don't blame him.

Just now, NoDak Eagle said:

Can't help but think Wnetz is gonna see this as a vote of no confidence by the FO. Between him being pummelled in the media, his comparison with Foles, and now this? At some point he's gonna lose it and want out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

never have they made a pick that hurts this bad.... to early?

Marcus Smith

In case you guys didn't notice, Wentz doesn't have long for this (football) world. I suggested we get a QB a long time ago.

Not just Howie either. HTF Doug signed off on this with so many other needs on this team its fricking inexcusable. You can bet your a** the other players on this team are going WTF too!

• Like 1