Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

22 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You just can't have this guy as the face of your organisation. But hey this franchise has a special history with these kind of characters. 

We won the super bowl with a guy who isn’t the face of our organization, and we’ve made the playoffs 4 of the last 5 years with 3 different guys who aren’t the face of our organization. I think we’ll be fine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He can't be the face of your franchise. 

At this point Watson still has not approved to be traded to the Eagles so its a mute topic until he changes his mind

• Like 2

He maybe the next MVP of the league. Just not as an Eagle please.  Civil suits up next.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

At this point Watson still has not approved to be traded to the Eagles so its a mute topic until he changes his mind

Yeah, as talented as he is, if he doesn't want to be here it's not going to help much. 

To be fair, we are definitely more than a QB away from Super Bowl contention and you can argue that there are other teams better equipped to make a run after a Watson trade.

11 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Yeah, as talented as he is, if he doesn't want to be here it's not going to help much. 

To be fair, we are definitely more than a QB away from Super Bowl contention and you can argue that there are other teams better equipped to make a run after a Watson trade.

Derek Gunn said someone close to Watson said he would waive his no trade to come to the Eagles.

The Broncos were never reported as a team Russell Wilson would waive his no trade clause, for, yet, here we are.

45 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

sorry to be this guy. It’s moot not mute. Sorry biggest pet peeve ever

and agreed. Don’t think he will approve trade to us. He will be a panther IMO

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Aspiritfall said:

Dear God stay away from this clown 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

No criminal charges will be filed against Watson so that makes him more of a commodity in the eyes of some. He’s still a scumbag and the buyer should beware. No criminal complaints THIS TIME. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He can't be the face of your franchise. 

Agreed 100% I want zero part of Watson. People can blind themselves with the criminal case not going further, but the guy is clearly a scumbag and anyone who wants to make him the face of this franchise and pay him a fortune to be an Eagle has issues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Agreed 100% I want zero part of Watson. People can blind themselves with the criminal case not going further, but the guy is clearly a scumbag and anyone who wants to make him the face of this franchise and pay him a fortune to be an Eagle has issues.

So you quit being a fan if he’s an Eagle ??

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

So you quit being a fan if he’s an Eagle ??

I do not believe the Eagles would do this. I will always be an Eagles fan, but I suspect I would take a break from actively supporting the team if they did.

Yet you would be okay with it?

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I do not believe the Eagles would do this. I will always be an Eagles fan, but I suspect I would take a break from actively supporting the team if they did.

Yet you would be okay with it?

Every team has scumbags.  Fletcher Cox banged some dudes wife.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Derek Gunn said someone close to Watson said he would waive his no trade to come to the Eagles.

The Broncos were never reported as a team Russell Wilson would waive his no trade clause, for, yet, here we are.

Where’d Derek Gunn say this? Is this from today or a different time? I can’t find this anywhere. 

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

If you can’t see the difference between a wrong but consensual affair and sexually assaulting numerous women - I can’t help you.

You can blind yourself to Watson if you want. I want no part of him.

Just now, Usain23 said:

Where’d Derek Gunn say this? Is this from today or a different time? I can’t find this anywhere. 

Coming up on the trade deadline last year.

23 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Correct, but that is old information. There has been big changes in since that information was put out.

1. His #1 target was Miami - They are not interested and are out of the race

2. On top of Carolina being a big mess, it was also a team Watson did not want to waive his no trade clause for. McCaffrey is injury prone and will probably need to get rid of him to get Watson. Carolina did not make the playoffs and there were rumblings that Matt Rhule is already on the hot seat. 

3. Eagles were dumpster fire after last season with very little going right for them. But since then they have made the playoffs with first year coach, got a top WR in Devonta Smith, built more depth on the offensive line, shown positive signs on defense, and adapted offensive playcalling around Hurts (who cannot throw) which lead to him being a Probowl alternate. Unless he has a personal issue with the Eagles or some team comes out of no where to snatch him up, the Eagles are his best choice to win.

Seattle would be the only team I can see snatching him but with the way Russell Wilson left and how they disrespected Bobby Wagner, that is a tough sell s well.

7 hours ago, downundermike said:

Exactly!

We don’t know what Deshaun actually did but he’s not criminally charged with it.

Here’s what I think; as a multi miljonair playboy, he liked to get massages from beautyful "pin-up” kinda girls and got addicted, got aroused by them and made sexual implications without thinking about the consequences.

Was that wrong! Absolutely! But this kinda stuff happens every day on every workfloor, every office environment People with money, power...you get what I’m saying?!

In the NFL a lot of guys were either accused or a suspect for such misdemeanors. Most of them forgotten over time. 

As long as Deshaun didn’t sexually assault those women and we’re purely talking about sexual implications, it’ll fly over in time.

The question is what the suspension is gonna look like. You have to factor that one in if you’re going to offer Houston multiple picks and players.

Let’s assume Howie trades for Watson and he gets suspended for 10 games, if Hurts is not part of the deal he’ll be the starter for the majority of the season. If he does well, shows major signs of improvement etc, you’re suddenly in a really good situation. You’d have not one but two franchise QB’s other teams are dying to trade for. Hypothetically you could get back the haul (or even more) you gave up for Deshaun by trading him during the season or next year’s offseason. At the very least, something very nice for Hurts if he pans out in year 3 (2 as a starter).

For the record; I’m not leaning one way or another. All I’m saying is that you have to factor in everything, every opportunity, every thread.. Nothing more!

9 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If you can’t see the difference between a wrong but consensual affair and sexually assaulting numerous women - I can’t help you.

You can blind yourself to Watson if you want. I want no part of him.

It’s sexual misconduct. A grand jury won’t toss a case if it has the chance to be sexual assault.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

It’s sexual misconduct. A grand jury won’t toss a case if it has the chance to be sexual assault.

either way it’s wrong and it’s not like it’s just 1-2 victims… if the dude needed to get his rocks off so bad many many other ways he could have done so without affecting the lives of others.

Big Ben had a couple sexual assault charges that were dropped yet he was the face of the franchise for the Steelers and people barely bring it up anymore

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Big Ben had a couple sexual assault charges that were dropped yet he was the face of the franchise for the Steelers and people barely bring it up anymore

The lawsuit is the least of my concerns.

Im more worried about his attitude. He was forcing his way out of Houston because he didnt like how the owner didnt react as much as he liked towards black lives matter issues. Then also used the excuse that he wanted say in who the HC and GM would be. Once he didnt get his way in any of that he said he could not play for this owner or GM so he would never play for the Texans again. 

To me that worries me more. He is a baby. If the team he really wants is not offering the trade compensation and the Texans force his hand saying he only has choice A or B for teams or they will force him to play what do you think he will do? He will take team A or B then force his way out of there after a year. Kinda of reminds you of the James Harden situation. Do we really think he would be happy playing in Philly with Howie, Lurie in the FO and how much the fan base will destroy him. Is that risk worth all the capital it takes to get him? Not in my eyes. 

22 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

The lawsuit is the least of my concerns.

Im more worried about his attitude. He was forcing his way out of Houston because he didnt like how the owner didnt react as much as he liked towards black lives matter issues. Then also used the excuse that he wanted say in who the HC and GM would be. Once he didnt get his way in any of that he said he could not play for this owner or GM so he would never play for the Texans again. 

To me that worries me more. He is a baby. If the team he really wants is not offering the trade compensation and the Texans force his hand saying he only has choice A or B for teams or they will force him to play what do you think he will do? He will take team A or B then force his way out of there after a year. Kinda of reminds you of the James Harden situation. Do we really think he would be happy playing in Philly with Howie, Lurie in the FO and how much the fan base will destroy him. Is that risk worth all the capital it takes to get him? Not in my eyes. 

He is the franchise QB of course he wants a say in HC. Look at Aaron Rodger’s same way. 
Plus you are discounting that bill o'brien destroyed the team with stupid decision after stupid decision. Trading away D Hop without speaking to Watson for a 2nd and david Johnson was the last straw. QBs want say in an organization and Watson is no different. We all know JJ watts character, and the fact that he wanted to leave tells me everything I need to know about that organization. What are we talking about here? 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

One of Ben’s was a rape, so t remember the particulars of the other one.  Just like anything political, people who don’t like Watson, do t want Watson, are Hurts fans are going to go to the extreme and their views and try to paint it like he raped every single one of them.

54 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

He is the franchise QB of course he wants a say in HC. Look at Aaron Rodger’s same way. 
Plus you are discounting that bill o'brien destroyed the team with stupid decision after stupid decision. Trading away D Hop without speaking to Watson for a 2nd and david Johnson was the last straw. QBs want say in an organization and Watson is no different. We all know JJ watts character, and the fact that he wanted to leave tells me everything I need to know about that organization. What are we talking about here? 

We're talking about the idea that Howie is going to let Watson have say on personnel decisions. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We're talking about the idea that Howie is going to let Watson have say on personnel decisions. 

Yeah that ain’t happening. No chance this guy comes in and starts running things. This dude is a bad seed all around from forcing himself onto these women to trying to force himself out of Texas. People will try and compare this dude to Vick. At least Vick paid for his crimes and even showed remorse. What has Watson learned? How has he changed? I wouldn’t give up 3-5 picks for a guy who could be charged next time. 

17 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Why? No evidence. Means it's all bs.

Is that why he’s pleading the 5th? 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Everything he’s doing right now is basically still on the table. He’s getting ever he wants by doing exactly what he’s doing right now. He’s still getting paid even though he’s demanding a trade and he’s getting away with assaulting women. Why in the world would this guy change when there no consequences for his actions on and off the field? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Is that why he’s pleading the 5th? 

Sure, so if someone says nothing that means they're guilty? The prosecutors had how much time to come up with evidence? Couldn't provide anything. 

• Like 1