Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

On 9/28/2021 at 8:54 AM, Uscg-green said:

We either need Watson or we draft. This isn't working.

Definitely true that we need a QB, but I don't think we will do either one of those.  I suspect Minshew is their Plan A.  Too many holes to waste the draft resources in any other way.

20 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Definitely true that we need a QB, but I don't think we will do either one of those.  I suspect Minshew is their Plan A.  Too many holes to waste the draft resources in any other way.

He could quite possibly be. Hurts or Minshew are enough whilst they build this roster and then go after a QB.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He could quite possibly be. Hurts or Minshew are enough whilst they build this roster and then go after a QB.

I know you want it to be Hurts, but it isn't him in my mind.  Teams are closing in on him and his tendencies.  He just gets the "exciting play" bonus from the fans, where all we need is a serviceable, unspectacular player that doesn't make mistakes.  

As far as Minshew goes, he has shown that he is a viable starter in this league and the Philly fans will instantly get behind him.

We just can't give up those 1st round picks. 

• Like 1

We get/keep the 3 x 1st,,, then bring in AARON RODGERS next YEAR and get our SECOND RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/28/2021 at 1:54 PM, Uscg-green said:

We either need Watson or we draft. This isn't working.

It's been seven games, you were still defending Wentz when he was stinking out the field 5 years and a big contract in.

The draft next year looks like an even bigger crap shoot at QB than this year and Deshaun Watson isn't worth 3 first round picks because no player is. If Superbowls were all about having the best QB the Packers would have been the NFC representative every year for the last decade, but even Rodgers with a top 3 Receiver in the game can't make it to the big game the last five years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I know you want it to be Hurts, but it isn't him in my mind.  Teams are closing in on him and his tendencies.  He just gets the "exciting play" bonus from the fans, where all we need is a serviceable, unspectacular player that doesn't make mistakes.  

As far as Minshew goes, he has shown that he is a viable starter in this league and the Philly fans will instantly get behind him.

Look I do want it to be Hurts but I'm also realistic enough to know there's a very good chance it isn't going to be him. I'll root for him all the way because he's that kind of guy but I know he's probably not it. Neither is Minshew though. But either is serviceable whilst we rebuild. 

I agree though got to use those picks to rebuild the roster and not take a QB next year. There isn't one that I think is the long term answer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's been seven games, you were still defending Wentz when he was stinking out the field 5 years and a big contract in.

The draft next year looks like an even bigger crap shoot at QB than this year and Deshaun Watson isn't worth 3 first round picks because no player is. If Superbowls were all about having the best QB the Packers would have been the NFC representative every year for the last decade, but even Rodgers with a top 3 Receiver in the game can't make it to the big game the last five years.

Lets take a look at this a little.. 

Eagles last 8 first round picks..

Smith

Reagor

Dillard

Barnett

Wentz

Agholor

Marcus Smith 

Aside from D.Smith, id likely trade ANY combo of 3 of those players for Watson. If this was a GOOD drafting team, maybe I wouldnt think that way. But since Howie cant evaluate talent on his own, and Watson is PROVEN, id make the trade....  

20 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

17 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Look I do want it to be Hurts but I'm also realistic enough to know there's a very good chance it isn't going to be him. I'll root for him all the way because he's that kind of guy but I know he's probably not it. Neither is Minshew though. But either is serviceable whilst we rebuild. 

I agree though got to use those picks to rebuild the roster and not take a QB next year. There isn't one that I think is the long term answer. 

All good points.

Hurts hasn’t looked great last couple of games, but there is no reason to write him off this early. Give him at least 10 games and if it’s clear he’s not the guy after that see what Minshew has.

No to Watson for so many reasons. 

Restock the team next year and maybe even looking at converting a pick into a first into 2023 as well so we can make our QB run then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

All good points.

Hurts hasn’t looked great last couple of games, but there is no reason to write him off this early. Give him at least 10 games and if it’s clear he’s not the guy after that see what Minshew has.

Restock the team next year and maybe even looking at converting a pick into a first into 2023 as well so we can make our QB run then.

He'll get his shot. At 2-7 or similar, that will be enough. 

14 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

All good points.

Personally I hope they give Hurts the entirety of 2021.  If we end the season with nearly as many questions about him as we had starting the season, then make it clear that he and Minshew enter the off-season in a QB competition … winner is our starting QB for the 2022 season.  If Minshew wins the competition and also doesn’t inspire much confidence over the course of that season, then you look to add someone new in 2023.  That would be my plan.  

I'm not trading for Watson... keep the possible 3 1st rounders and see where they fall. If i have to use the 1st one on a QB then so be it. If it's Corral or Howell  or whoever, then he can play 

behind Minshew or Flacco ( doubtful). That would still give us 2 other picks to help at LB and CB or either line. 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:58 PM, What The F said:

Lets take a look at this a little.. 

Eagles last 8 first round picks..

Smith

Reagor

Dillard

Barnett

Wentz

Agholor

Marcus Smith 

Aside from D.Smith, id likely trade ANY combo of 3 of those players for Watson. If this was a GOOD drafting team, maybe I wouldnt think that way. But since Howie cant evaluate talent on his own, and Watson is PROVEN, id make the trade....  

The sad thing here is not only most of those guys failing to work out or failed to work out here, Howie said there wouldn’t be any good quarterbacks drafted after Wentz for a while and that why he felt the need to jump up and get him. Watson and Mahomes were drafted the next season. Lamar Jackson was drafted with a trade back pick by the Eagles with the Raves too. All are better options than what the Eagles choose to do. The guys responsible for drafting really have no clue. 

19 hours ago, time2rock said:

Jay Glazer reporting the Eagles are NOT in the mix currently for Watson:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/nfl-rumors-eagles-shift-their-deshaun-watson-trade-pursuit-report

Earlier in the week the radio said that the Owner "green lit” a trade for Watson. 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/30/22701924/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-eagles-chris-simms-jeffrey-lurie-texans-howie-roseman-jay-glazer-hurts

I don't want Watson. We could trade a 1 pick(or whatever) for Rodgers(or Wilson). He(Arod) won't be in GB next year. It's a very weak draft coming, so that would make sense if Hurts is not our guy. I'm imagining ARod tossing balls to Smith, Quez and Reagor all day. I see few excellent round 1 draft choices for us next draft.  A really weak class. And ARod is not afraid to hand the ball off to his RB either lol 

We could trade for him and the league puts him on the exempt list. No one knows how long he'd be on the list either

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Earlier in the week the radio said that the Owner "green lit” a trade for Watson. 🤷‍♂️ 

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/9/30/22701924/deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-eagles-chris-simms-jeffrey-lurie-texans-howie-roseman-jay-glazer-hurts

Yeah Chris Simms suggested Lurie had green lit a trade. I'm not sure what Chris Simms really knows though. As far as I can tell he's a jumped up jock with a mic.

32 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah Chris Simms suggested Lurie had green lit a trade. I'm not sure what Chris Simms really knows though. As far as I can tell he's a jumped up jock with a mic.

What does any of these guys really know? Heck Eskin works for the Eagles and he’s been saying the Eagles will trade for Watson for weeks. The bottom line is the Eagles may want Watkins and want him bad, but I don’t believe the feeling is mutual. After the Ben Simmons debacle the last thing the Eagles needs is an emotionally troubled player especially one with possible criminal issues. 

• Like 1

Everyone needs to just pump the brakes.

Until Watson says publicly that he would be happy to join the Eagles, then it has to be in everyone's head that he is not a option. o point in even wasting time with discussing it. 

17 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Everyone needs to just pump the brakes.

Until Watson says publicly that he would be happy to join the Eagles, then it has to be in everyone's head that he is not a option. o point in even wasting time with discussing it. 

Well the bigger point is the Eagles here. Obsessively going after a player who doesn’t want to be here and basically planning to scrap any type of plans for a rebuild just to get a quarterback who will likely be suspended or worse. It all feels like a team that is lacking a vision and a direction. 

On 1/28/2021 at 6:05 PM, CaliEagle said:

I would be willing to throw in Reagor if it gets it done. Then, we could get a WR at #6.  

they would probably want Devonta Smith though 😞

On 1/28/2021 at 11:46 AM, eaglesfan0075 said:

It's not very often a young top 5 QB is available on the market via trade. He does have a no-trade clause, so the Eagles would have to really make a strong pitch and other teams will probably have a better supporting cast.

However, the Eagles do have the 6th overall pick and could potentially give the Texans a more attractive trade package. With Watson on board there's no need for Wentz or Hurts on this roster so they can recoup some draft capital or even include one of the two in the trade with the Texans.

Watson is certainly worth the 2 first round picks plus price tag that the Texans will likely demand.

Of course the key question here is whether the team is better off with keeping the players they would draft with those picks and hope one of Wentz/Hurts play like a franchise QB or if they are better off paying the steep price for Watson and hope he can elevate this current roster?

No thanks Watson carries to much off the field problems .

10 hours ago, rickospia said:

No thanks Watson carries to much off the field problems .

A lot has changed since that post from January 28th that was quoted. As talented as Watson is there is a very strong possibility that he's never going to play another down in the league with his current situation.

If the Eagles are going to go after a veteran starting QB that is rumored to be available, Derek Carr would make sense if the Raiders aren't willing to extend his contract. However, at that point you can argue the merits of trying to draft a franchise QB with one of these early future picks and hoping you can secure one on a rookie deal, especially with this team in rebuilding mode. 

I doubt Aaron Rodgers would want to come here if he leaves Green Bay, he'll probably try to go to Denver where they already have a very good defense and some intriguing offensive weapons, just missing a QB (not unlike what Peyton Manning pulled off). 

1 hour ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

A lot has changed since that post from January 28th that was quoted. As talented as Watson is there is a very strong possibility that he's never going to play another down in the league with his current situation.

If the Eagles are going to go after a veteran starting QB that is rumored to be available, Derek Carr would make sense if the Raiders aren't willing to extend his contract. However, at that point you can argue the merits of trying to draft a franchise QB with one of these early future picks and hoping you can secure one on a rookie deal, especially with this team in rebuilding mode. 

I doubt Aaron Rodgers would want to come here if he leaves Green Bay, he'll probably try to go to Denver where they already have a very good defense and some intriguing offensive weapons, just missing a QB (not unlike what Peyton Manning pulled off). 

I don;t want Rodgers he is 37 too old to be the future .

On 9/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Watson has to many off the field legal problems .