Deshaun Watson (Texans QB) -- TRADED TO CLEVELAND

eaglesfan0075

3 minutes ago, Godfather said:

It's safe to say we can lock this one up

I don't think so.  DGunn released a story this morning that a source close to Deshaun Watson said he would waive his no trade to come to the Eagles.  This is not over.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I don't think so.  DGunn released a story this morning that a source close to Deshaun Watson said he would waive his no trade to come to the Eagles.  This is not over.

We have Minshew. That's all we need. I'd be cool with '22 1st '22 3rd and a '23 first. Nothing more

• 2 weeks later...

They now want 6 players/picks for him.

I think Watson is a generational talent, but that’s a huge chunk of a team. Jalen doesn’t have to be close to Watson for 6 players around him to elevate the team equally. That’s basically how we won the SB, overall team talent.

And that’s how Houston is in the predicament it is, they have DW but no talent around him. I don’t want to be that team

On 8/31/2021 at 3:25 PM, Godfather said:

We have Minshew. That's all we need. I'd be cool with '22 1st '22 3rd and a '23 first. Nothing more

I want to see Hurts play in regular season games this year before I would trade for Watson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

I want to see Hurts play in regular season games this year before I would trade for Watson.

Hurts is going to get this year. I don't see the Eagles trading for Watson at this time. They may consider it next year but I think Hurts gets the chance this year. 

5 hours ago, Aerolithe_Lion said:

They now want 6 players/picks for him.

I think Watson is a generational talent, but that’s a huge chunk of a team. Jalen doesn’t have to be close to Watson for 6 players around him to elevate the team equally. That’s basically how we won the SB, overall team talent.

And that’s how Houston is in the predicament it is, they have DW but no talent around him. I don’t want to be that team

That was more Bill O'Brien being a god awful GM then them having no talent because they paid Watson. Watsons deal hasn't even kicked in yet

5 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was more Bill O'Brien being a god awful GM then them having no talent because they paid Watson. Watsons deal hasn't even kicked in yet

but what I’m saying is if we have to trade our 3 1sts AND Devonta AND Mailata AND Hurts, it gets to a point where a great QB doesn’t overcoming the overall void of talent you’re creating

Theyre not saying 6 guys because they want a bunch of middling starters

Just now, Aerolithe_Lion said:

but what I’m saying is if we have to trade our 3 1sts AND Devonta AND Mailata AND Hurts, it gets to a point where a great QB doesn’t overcoming the overall void of talent you’re creating

Ah ok I get you. I agree, I want no parts of Watson anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I’d not even do that deal. 😁

That's cuz Minshew wasn't a first rd'er. Find the firefighter and toss him in there instead. Then you got the 3 1s lmao

On 9/12/2021 at 10:45 PM, Aerolithe_Lion said:

Even three first rounders on their own, there's no way Watson or any player makes that much of difference that your team can withstand missing that much fresh talent while taking up so much cap space with QB salary, but especially where we are in the process.  Maybe it turns out that Hurts isn't the answer, but I'd rather the scouts found the next Watson / Mahomes / Rodgers than throwing massive draft capital at a current one.

Hell, the Texans just beat the Jags hollow with Tyrod Taylor under center, so how much difference does Watson's 4800 yards and 33 TD's actually make?

14 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Even three first rounders on their own, there's no way Watson or any player makes that much of difference that your team can withstand missing that much fresh talent while taking up so much cap space with QB salary, but especially where we are in the process.  Maybe it turns out that Hurts isn't the answer, but I'd rather the scouts found the next Watson / Mahomes / Rodgers than throwing massive draft capital at a current one.

Hell, the Texans just beat the Jags hollow with Tyrod Taylor under center, so how much difference does Watson's 4800 yards and 33 TD's actually make?

As long as Hurts doesn’t turn the ball over, I’d be happy to build a trench-heavy O and D team around him and see where it takes us.

I don’t care as much about 40 TDs, just stop fumbling the damn football. Chad Pennington over Vinny Testaverde every day of the week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Just read the possible criminal investigation might not be over by the end of this season. 

Nothing surprising there this sheet takes time . Also with 20 something women he will be lucky if it's over by next season. 

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Nothing surprising there this sheet takes time . Also with 20 something women he will be lucky if it's over by next season. 

The civil cases aren’t really the issue. He probably gets suspended for it but if there are any criminal charges brought up that when things really get complicated. Supposedly there’s two or three criminal investigations right now.

9 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

The civil cases aren’t really the issue. He probably gets suspended for it but if there are any criminal charges brought up that when things really get complicated. Supposedly there’s two or three criminal investigations right now.

That what I'm saying they can't prove 1 of those girls to be a false allegation, then just throw them all out of court. 

They are going to have to go through each individual girls case. This will be a long long time. Unless after they leave a few more to be false and they all drop out at once. 

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That what I'm saying they can't prove 1 of those girls to be a false allegation, then just throw them all out of court. 

They are going to have to go through each individual girls case. This will be a long long time. Unless after they leave a few more to be false and they all drop out at once. 

This has to be a difficult criminal case. His word verses her word is difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt and I see no way Watson takes a plea deal. He could settle out of court with the civil cases though. All in all this process could take all season, but it seems Watson would be eligible to play this season. It’s all a game of chicken now. For the Texans they’re trying to wait other teams out, but if they over play their had they could lose everything and be stuck with a contract for a guy they can’t trade. 

• Like 1

I believe Hurts is going to be a pretty good QB......and I would sure like to see the eagles use those 1st and 2nd round picks next year for a stud LB, a versatile safety and more beef on the offensive and defensive lines.