Back up QB moving forward

T-1000

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah fair enough. To me he either needs to be THE GUY or he needs to be a late round developmental guy. But yeah with that extra 3rd round pick I'd consider using it on a QB if a guy with tremendous upside were there. 

I think Mac Jones or Trask are the only ones who could be there in R2 or R3. I think 2 is too high though. If Hurts shows this year he can’t be the guy you’re more than likely drafting a high QB next year. Don’t want to spend a 2, a 2, and then a 1 in back to back to back years. I think Tyrod is a good one year signing while you develop your day 3 guy this year into a backup. And if Hurts stink up the joint then you’re looking at Rattler, Howell, Slovis, etc next year. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think Mac Jones or Trask are the only ones who could be there in R2 or R3. I think 2 is too high though. If Hurts shows this year he can’t be the guy you’re more than likely drafting a high QB next year. Don’t want to spend a 2, a 2, and then a 1 in back to back to back years. I think Tyrod is a good one year signing while you develop your day 3 guy this year into a backup. And if Hurts stink up the joint then you’re looking at Rattler, Howell, Slovis, etc next year. 

I agree. A 2nd again is too high. That's a premium pick at most positions but not QB. This team needs to improve at a lot of positions so they need to be using their 2nd and 3rd round picks wisely. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Outlaw said:

That is exactly my line of thought too.  The bolded part is what I think most people tend to ignore (and just don't recognize) and to me would be foolish to spend all of those valuable high picks when we have the need for top end talent in so many different position groups.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, time2rock said:

That is exactly my line of thought too.  The bolded part is what I think most people tend to ignore (and just don't recognize) and to me would be foolish to spend all of those valuable high picks when we have the need for top end talent in so many different position groups.  

I'm ok with a 2 in 2020 and a 1 in 2022 if Hurts isn't the man, but a 1 or a 2 this year seems to be a waste.  Is Kyle Trask sitting there at 84?  Heck yeah, roll the dice.  That's the highest I'd want to draft a QB this year.  If they take one at 6 (especially freaking Lance), "Ima lose my mind."  I think Brian Johnson has the potential to do great work with Hurts, and Quincy Avery is working with him a lot in the offseason this year too.