Are you excited or not?

Infam

Excited for the season?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Excited for the season?

• Hell yeah, next year could be good.
    • Mediocrity, here we come.
    • It's a rebuild, so next year doesn't count.
    • We will be terrible. Fire Howie!
    • No idea how this will go.

51 minutes ago, nipples said:

If that is your expectation, then your view of what a rookie QB should be is highly off base. Particularly in a shortened offseason, where he didn’t even take starters reps all year until he took over. 

Yeah, it's completely unreasonable that I would want to see my future "franchise QB" complete more than half of his passes and have a higher QB rating than 55 once teams made adjustments to him.

Josh Allen was pretty bad as a rookie and even he showed that he was as good or in some ways better after teams adjusted.

I'm a mix of a few of those. I think we're going to regret letting go Wentz. Excited to see what Nick and his coaches can do. I hope Nick finds his guy either this offseason or next. I'm moving on to see what Nick does. Excited to see what the defense looks like. There's not much to hold onto. I expect the DC is telling the HC and/or Howie that he needs this and that for his defense. Meanwhile Nick is likely telling Howie he also needs this and that. Not sure what they do in draft when there's so many needs

Also pissed that Howie is still here

At the moment, no I'm not excited. If a few games into the season Hurts proves me wrong I might get excited. But I really won't know until I see how the season ends.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Yeah, it's completely unreasonable that I would want to see my future "franchise QB" complete more than half of his passes and have a higher QB rating than 55 once teams made adjustments to him.

Josh Allen was pretty bad as a rookie and even he showed that he was as good or in some ways better after teams adjusted.

Boy you really must have hated McNabb as a rookie. 

Excited that this mess is over, yes big time!

It is time to get rid of the older vets , suck it up for one year, and we have money to do what we want in 2022.

Please get Chase with the 6th pick, and we have 2 young good receivers to build on.

New things are always exciting, so yeah, I'm eager to see what Sirianni and Hurts will look like. 

That said, if new things are just as bad as last year, I'll lose that excitement by week 5.

The most appropriate option isn't there for me. 

I'm excited, I'm embracing the rebuild and I think there could be exciting times ahead. But I don't think the results will come for a few years and I think it's going to be painful to watch at times. 

I'm also hesitant because of Howie. I don't trust him to do a good job of rebuilding and that's going to hamper us. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beto_eagles said:

New things are always exciting, so yeah, I'm eager to see what Sirianni and Hurts will look like. 

That said, if new things are just as bad as last year, I'll lose that excitement by week 5.

How about your first colorectal exam. Do you think that was exciting? New things are not always exciting. 

1 minute ago, greend said:

How about your first colorectal exam. Do you think that was exciting? New things are not always exciting. 

You never know 😏😜

• Haha 1

Excited to see what changes come with the new coaching staff. Hoping they will be better in the player development phase of the game.

If they’re not... the last 8 drafts look that much worse and I don’t see things getting better with Howie making the draft picks. Aside from a couple players (Miles Sanders, Goedert, Seumalo?, Barnett?) there has not been much success from the draft. It’s why the team is old and over the cap - relying on free agents to fill holes from poor drafting.

IMO, the only way we get back to being contenders is if our player development has been the problem the last 8 years, not the draft picks themselves, and that is now fixed with our new staff. That would mean current young players will take several steps forward.

Or more realistically... player development hasn’t been the issue, our decline has been because of poor drafting, it takes 2-3 more years for Lurie to see it before he finally hires a GM who can build a team through the draft.

1 hour ago, nipples said:

Boy you really must have hated McNabb as a rookie. 

Please don't pretend passing in 99 is the same as it is now. The game is made much easier for QBs now.

Excitement is maybe not the best word.

Intrigued, intrigued to see Hurts in year two and whatever high draft picks we got.  To see what Sirianni's offense and Gabnon's defense looks like.  But I'm sure that intrigue will die out by mid season when the overall team is bad and it will ultimately be forgettable year like 2016.

It will be a fun season no matter what, but I have to admit that I have serious concerns about Jalen Hurts as the QB.   It's likely a throwaway year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Please don't pretend passing in 99 is the same as it is now. The game is made much easier for QBs now.

He's still be throwing those worm burners as hard as he can if he played today. 

I am excited because there has been significant change.  The last few years haven't been great to watch and last year was terrible.

1. Interested to see the coaching staff and how they teach and what schemes look like.
  2. Very excited about more youth. I don't like old rosters and prefer a continuously younger team.  I had always wished the Eagles would stop with the veterans that have high floor and low ceiling and embrace youth even with mistakes.  That is how you find and grow talent.

Has everything worked out the way I had hoped?  Nope, Howie is still here but looking forward to seeing how the change plays out, at least its new and different.  I was NOT looking forward to another year watching Pederson and the same coaching staff try to rehab Wentz.

Worried more than anything.

1. New coaches seem to be reaches without much experience and haven't seen anything outstanding about them.

2. Hurts is worrisome and without a QB the team will be bad for years (i.e. WFT, NYG, DEN, CHI, etc...)

3. Howie's drafting hasn't produced many young players to be really excited about. I like Goddert. Sanders still has to prove he can be an every down back and can hit holes with decisiveness. The WRs haven't flashed consistently and in my mind until they do they're mediocre. Can't think of a young guy on the defensive side of the ball that really stands out. So overall, there isn't even a positive youth movement in progress. I don't even have young players to really give me hope.

• Like 3

I haven't been this not excited since 2012 when the Giants put up 40 plus points against the Eagles in Andy's last game as coach. Seriously depressing..

• Like 1

I have no expectations for this team for the 2021 season, but I am excited to see who the Eagles draft and how the young players play. I’m excited to see if any of the previous drafted players can finally step up and prove their worth. I’m interested to see what Hurts can do if he’s given a full season to play. Ultimately I think 2022 has the potential to be a great season. We just have to get through 2021. 

• Like 2

This year will be excruciating, especially early on.

But I still look forward to seeing how the coaches and team come together, especially with the playcalling.

I think we improve somewhat as the year goes on.

We will be picking in the top 6 again next year.    The salary cap is going to decimate some of the talent that we do have left on the team.    Howie is about to start stocking up on mid to low round draft picks for players that teams know we have to cut or trade for cheap.

Unless Howie restructures or extends players, 2022 will be the time to start climbing back up (slowly) as there is no dead money....at least not yet.

49 minutes ago, Pliny said:

Unless Howie restructures or extends players, 2022 will be the time to start climbing back up (slowly) as there is no dead money....at least not yet.

Agreed and I think as a fan base that's what we have to accept. If we accept that 2021 is going to be pretty ugly at least we can look to some of the positives like seeing if Sirianni can start to point this organization in the right direction and how our younger players develop.

• Like 2

Honestly I don’t get the doom and gloom mentality right now. Have people been paying attention to this team? The Eagles are coming off a season they won four games, had no cap space, and not nearly enough young talent. The Eagles have positioned themselves to have cap flexibility, a chance to build more young talent, and can now actually be active in free agency by 2022. The past three seasons people have bemoaned this whole franchise because it was basically Groundhog Day, but they’re cleaning house and rebuilding. It’s a time to be encouraged. I for one didn’t want to see another year of the same old crap. The only thing that concerns me right now is Howie Roseman, but I have to give him some credit for basically getting the Eagles out of the mess he created. Hopefully he listens to his scouts this year and makes the right draft picks.

• Like 2

I Predict Eagles make the Playoffs, scare and sneak up on a few teams.. Jalen Hurts to play very well..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1