Are you excited or not?

Infam

Excited for the season?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Excited for the season?

• Hell yeah, next year could be good.
    • Mediocrity, here we come.
    • It's a rebuild, so next year doesn't count.
    • We will be terrible. Fire Howie!
    • No idea how this will go.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe Jordan Hicks. He might be the best one. 

He was a Chip pick. We got Hicks when Chip had full control. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

He was a Chip pick. We got Hicks when Chip had full control. 

Well there goes that. 😂

Every new season im excited for. Until we start super slow and even finish a game in a tie against a trash team. Then its, "not this crap again!".

Always excited for the Birds. Always. Professional sports is not a 5 star meal you return because it doesn't meet your standards. It's a crap shoot where you get 1-5 stars and find something good in all of it. If it wasn't it would be pro wrestling.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 10:50 AM, The Norseman said:

I'm optimistic, although, I think it will take this young coaching staff a while to figure things out.  Thankfully, we play in the weakest division in football so they don't have a huge hill to climb. 

We've also solved SOME of our problems from last year:  No more quarterback controversy, team seems to want to play hard for Hurts, offloaded a number of players who weren't contributing, some starters coming back from injury...etc.  

Yep, nailed it right here.  I am optimistic.   Wentz was something like 35-32-1 in his years as a starter here.  He was erratic and injury prone.  He and his massive contract are gone and for better or worse we get to move on.  I'm not convinced Jalen Hurts is the man, but we get a year to see what he can do.  Things look very good in 2022.  A couple of decent drafts and we will be right back in the mix.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:11 AM, Jeep_man said:

I Predict Eagles make the Playoffs, scare and sneak up on a few teams.. Jalen Hurts to play very well..

We play in the the absolute worst division, nothing is impossible.  However, I just don't think the talent level is there to really make noise in the playoffs.  Give it a year or two.

• Like 2

Need to see how the draft goes.  Don't have a good feeling about the Eagles at the moment because it looks like a house cleaning.  Meanwhile, the Sixers under Doc are in contention.

It feels like the end of the Reid era. Just waiting for them to play bad enough to get the real problem with the Eagles fired, Roseman.

The more I reflect the more trepidatious I become. The team is on the verge of being the WFT of the last 20 years. They have continually looked for their starting QB and have cycled through people like Jason Campbell, RG3, A.Smith, K.Cousins, etc... It just goes to show how difficult it is to find a franchise NFL QB. It would be more reassuring if Hurts had shown much, but he flashed inconsistently and during his starts he ended up as the 40th out of 49 QBs. Seeing that, there is still a lot he can improve on so the question becomes can he be coached up to become an NFL QB? That leads to coaching, which at this time is a huge question mark. None of the coaches have really splashed and were not headline head coaching candidates around the NFL. Unfortunately, the team is bereft in young talent so there is not much to build upon due to poor drafting. The talent that is there is older, injured, or have huge contracts. So much so that they can't even be traded for real value (1st round picks). The Miami option of trading all their top veteran players for multiple 1st round picks won't work in this situation. 

All in all, can't seem to find much to be excited for. Anxious and worried, definitely. 

Kind of excited for the new Coaching staff. 7 out of 10.

Meh for any roster excitement. 4 out of 10.

Ughhhh for the people trying to make this team better. 0 out of 10.

• Like 1

I'm feeling positive at the moment.

This was not a good team last year, but I don't think we are quite as bad as our record suggests.

We get the chance to add a genuine blue chip player at 6.

I think and hope that the Eagles don't draft a QB and give Hurts a year to show what he can do, hopefully with a better and healthier team around him. If he's good, great. If he's not, then we likely get another top 10 pick and we can use the Colts pick to help us move up and get our QB. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I'm feeling positive at the moment.

This was not a good team last year, but I don't think we are quite as bad as our record suggests.

We get the chance to add a genuine blue chip player at 6.

I think and hope that the Eagles don't draft a QB and give Hurts a year to show what he can do, hopefully with a better and healthier team around him. If he's good, great. If he's not, then we likely get another top 10 pick and we can use the Colts pick to help us move up and get our QB. 

But... What if Hurts isn't good or bad and the team finishes 8-8 with the 16th pick in the draft.

Do they trade up two firsts and the following year's first to move into the top five to get a QB?

Stick with Hurts hoping he gets better or if he doesn't be okay with extending the rebuild another 3-5 years?

I’m excited for the draft. I’m excited for the philosophy changes on O and D. I’m excited to see if Hurts can say F the haters. I’m excited to get Kyle Pitts (hopefully). And I’m excited to see some growth for young guys under a new regime. A regime that isn’t tied to anyone. Everyone has a clean slate right now. Don’t perform, gtfo. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I’m excited for the draft. I’m excited for the philosophy changes on O and D. I’m excited to see if Hurts can say F the haters. I’m excited to get Kyle Pitts (hopefully). And I’m excited to see some growth for young guys under a new regime. A regime that isn’t tied to anyone. Everyone has a clean slate right now. Don’t perform, gtfo. 

I was very much against the Kyle Pitts idea. I felt like he would be our version of Evan Engram, but after hearing what people are saying, reading some mocks, and watching some highlights I’ve warmed up to the idea of taking him. Still think the Eagles have bigger needs, but if they take him I won’t be disappointed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I was very much against the Kyle Pitts idea. I felt like he would be our version of Evan Engram, but after hearing what people are saying, reading some mocks, and watching some highlights I’ve warmed up to the idea of taking him. Still think the Eagles have bigger needs, but if they take him I won’t be disappointed. 

I view him as a versatile weapon that is a mismatch nightmare... in line, in the slot, at the X. I think he’s our chance to have a Kelce or Waller. A QB’s best friend who can grab 1k receiving yards as a "TE.”  This draft has second and third round WR talent...only one Kyle Pitts. I’ve said before my ideal draft is Fields sitting available and doing a small trade down with Carolina. 8 and 40 for 6. Gives us #8, two 2nds and 2 3rds. Take Pitts and with other 4 picks you grab an outside CB with size, a LB, a S and a WR. Then day 3 is a developmental QB, IOL, defensive line. Something like:

70EBDADA-0AD5-4BA0-A9A4-14C83F9883B5.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I view him as a versatile weapon that is a mismatch nightmare... in line, in the slot, at the X. I think he’s our chance to have a Kelce or Waller. A QB’s best friend who can grab 1k receiving yards as a "TE.”  This draft has second and third round WR talent...only one Kyle Pitts.

For me if they draft Pitts (and I really like the idea of them drafting him) then they need to make him the focal point of the attack. They need to use him as a versatile weapon and really go after match ups. I am all for them taking Pitts but only if the offense then uses him properly and creatively.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Outlaw said:

To be fair: When everybody gets hurt all the time, the team sets itself up to some degree. Hard to go for the perform or out philosophy if half your team is already out beforehand.

8 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

For me if they draft Pitts (and I really like the idea of them drafting him) then they need to make him the focal point of the attack. They need to use him as a versatile weapon and really go after match ups. I am all for them taking Pitts but only if the offense then uses him properly and creatively.

I would be glad if they chose Smith, but at this point I feel happy about anyone that isn't a QB in the first.

I'm expecting a top 10 pick again next year.

8 minutes ago, Dweedlebug said:

As am I and I think as most fans should expect. That said, it could still be a fun and exciting season. It may end with a lot of losses but if this team can show signs of progress, a creative and fun offense and young player development then it will be fun to follow.

• Like 1

I'm not excited. I just want to see some improvement in the skill players and in the Defense. Hopefully there will be some excitement in 2022 and 2023.

8 hours ago, Dweedlebug said:

I’m expecting two. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

I think the circumstances of the old regime's exit make it harder to embrace the new one.  The new coaches seem like good guys, young and enthusiastic.  Doug won a SB and then made the playoffs the 2 years afterward including winning another playoff game.  Then had 1 bad season.  The QB mess, the bad drafting, the cap hell, etc.

Now we have to wrap our heads around a total rebuild - handled by Howie.  

And the funny thing is, given they are picking so high they aren't likely to make some huge reach at #6.  It will probable be a good player.  We'll see how the other rounds go though.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Now we have to wrap our heads around a total rebuild - handled by Howie.  

And therein lies the issue here. This rebuild will be overseen by Howie.

Look after the way things have gone the last couple of years (2 years of steady decline and then a large drop) I am in some ways excited about the rebuild. This roster is ageing, the offense was stall and the defense kept making the same mistakes perhaps due to talent perhaps due to scheme. So an overhaul was possibly needed. That said, Howie being in charge for that is a terrible situation for us. We have to rebuild this roster through the draft and Howie is awful in the draft.

On 3/1/2021 at 9:46 PM, Outlaw said:

The regime change might be the best reason to be optimistic. It shouldn't be Andy Reid 3.0 I hope. What would be REALLY refreshing is not needing an Oracle database to keep track all the injuries.

• Like 3

I like our offense next season. Full offseason of actual coaching to bring a bunch of WRs from year 1 to year 2, or year 2.5 for JJAW. Younger OL with LT covered for sure. Sanders. QB I am optimistic about. And two great tight ends (Kyle Pitts!!!!).

Defense may need a couple of butt tricks with bunnies and footballs.

• Like 1