Are you excited or not?

Infam

Excited for the season?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Excited for the season?

• Hell yeah, next year could be good.
    • Mediocrity, here we come.
    • It's a rebuild, so next year doesn't count.
    • We will be terrible. Fire Howie!
    • No idea how this will go.

Out of those option I'm "no idea how this will go". 

Im more concerned than excited. We have an older team as it is so I would have liked to see what Siri could have done with Wentz and feel that we wouldn't have wasted a year even if it was bad. I don't believe Hurts is a long term answer at QB, his arm strength is just too poor. Maybe the new coaching staff can tweak something so he's not throwing ducks downfield and make him more than a one read and run QB, I really hope they can. 

The biggest question right now though is do we go QB in the draft? Sitting at 6 someone could drop or we could move up and take one. We'd all assume Jags and Jets go QB so is the third option here a franchise guy? Can we make a deal with the Dolphins to secure the third pick? Do we make a move for a veteran somehow? Tons of questions around the qb position. 

I'm excited because the last 2-3 years have been pretty painful to watch. A struggling team who have been pretty awful to watch on offense that eventually rallied late in the year. This is a fresh slate, new coaches, lots of roster changes and a lot of moves to be made. 

The concern though of course is that Howie is in charge of the overhaul. 

18 hours ago, greend said:

How about your first colorectal exam. Do you think that was exciting? New things are not always exciting. 

Terror is exciting.   It sure does get your pulse racing.   "Are you using your whole fist, Doc?"

• Haha 2

Not sure that we'll be terrible, but I chose the only option that included the "Fire Howie" language

• Haha 2

I’m excited to see how Hurts, Sanders, Reagor and the other young players progress but I’m just hoping Howie gets fired, You can’t have a GM who can’t identify talent. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2021 at 8:49 AM, Infam said:

Yeah well. I got everything I wanted. So all good over here. 😁

go soak your head

An optimist would point to Howie's success in 2016 and 2017 as proof that he can change when humbled.

An optimist would also hope this season could act as sort of an amalgamation of the 2012 and 2016 seasons -- the loaded draft class of 2012 and the QB resolution (or so we thought..)/new head coach finding his way of 2016.

My only excitement so far is coming from seeing new schemes on offense and defense, and watching a QB not coached by Press Taylor.

3 hours ago, Saltpeter said:

An optimist would point to Howie's success in 2016 and 2017 as proof that he can change when humbled.

What makes you think he's been humbled this year? 

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What makes you think he's been humbled this year? 

Pretty sure he heard the questions Lurie got asked.

24 minutes ago, Infam said:

Pretty sure he heard the questions Lurie got asked.

And got defended and protected and absolved of all blame by Lurie. Howie has had doubters in the media for a while now.

I'm optimistic, although, I think it will take this young coaching staff a while to figure things out.  Thankfully, we play in the weakest division in football so they don't have a huge hill to climb. 

We've also solved SOME of our problems from last year:  No more quarterback controversy, team seems to want to play hard for Hurts, offloaded a number of players who weren't contributing, some starters coming back from injury...etc.  

Needless to say, the future of this current revision of the team rests upon these next couple of drafts.  We need cheap, surefire starters on both sides of the ball.  

In short, I have no idea how this will go...but I'm optimistic.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Norseman said:

I'm optimistic, although, I think it will take this young coaching staff a while to figure things out.  Thankfully, we play in the weakest division in football so they don't have a huge hill to climb. 

I mean look I can't stand Howie and to be honest I don't think he's the answer to rebuild this roster. That said we are going to see how much is down to Howie being a terrible talent evaluator and how much was on the coaches. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look I can't stand Howie and to be honest I don't think he's the answer to rebuild this roster. That said we are going to see how much is down to Howie being a terrible talent evaluator and how much was on the coaches. 

I’d say 90% Howie, but there was a ton of injuries over the past four seasons too. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’d say 90% Howie, but there was a ton of injuries over the past four seasons too. 

I'd probably agree. I mean how many of his picks have been bad in Philly but gone on to be good players elsewhere? How's Pumphrey doing in the league? 🤣 I mean I know Jones and Douglas were OK elsewhere but Jones was a second round pick. A second round pick who still struggled in Jacksonville. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'd probably agree. I mean how many of his picks have been bad in Philly but gone on to be good players elsewhere? How's Pumphrey doing in the league? 🤣 I mean I know Jones and Douglas were OK elsewhere but Jones was a second round pick. A second round pick who still struggled in Jacksonville. 

If you think "his" picks have success elsewhere, it's not talent evaluation. It's coaching. And bad luck with injuries.

39 minutes ago, Infam said:

If you think "his" picks have success elsewhere, it's not talent evaluation. It's coaching. And bad luck with injuries.

And that's my point. His picks don't have success elsewhere! Which players have?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And that's my point. His picks don't have success elsewhere! Which players have?

Maybe Jordan Hicks. He might be the best one. 

20 hours ago, wyote said:

I'm trying to imagine our great-grandfathers posting about their emotions. 

It's hard to talk about how you're feeling about the upcoming season in writing when it involves writing a letter to the local paper, but if you're trying to tell people that your great grandaddy didn't shoot the crap about the upcoming sports seasons in a bar or in the canteen I'm calling horse crap.

The '40's, '50's and 60's weren't all shooting Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese people, while listening to the golden age of rock, stoically chewing a stogie, nursing a scotch on the rocks and earning a salary that was enough to raise a family even if one parent stayed home.

41 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

It's hard to talk about how you're feeling about the upcoming season in writing when it involves writing a letter to the local paper, but if you're trying to tell people that your great grandaddy didn't shoot the crap about the upcoming sports seasons in a bar or in the canteen I'm calling horse crap.

The '40's, '50's and 60's weren't all shooting Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Vietnamese people, while listening to the golden age of rock, stoically chewing a stogie, nursing a scotch on the rocks and earning a salary that was enough to raise a family even if one parent stayed home.

Shooting the crap and sharing emotions are almost by definition mutually exclusive. 

Men really were manlier three generations ago. What I see on TATE tells me we need to recover some of that. There's way too much toxic femininity here. 

18 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I said the same thing after Chip left 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Maybe Jordan Hicks. He might be the best one. 

Hicks sure but I mean he was good here too just couldn't stay healthy. And hey I don't think we are saying that Howie misses every single time. Just most of the time.

32 minutes ago, The Norseman said:

I said the same thing after Chip left 🙂

Early in his career as GM I think Howie had a better strike rate? Of course he wasn't making the picks then it was Andy Reid.