Round 3 (#103): Eagles select Davion Taylor (Colorado OLB)

Moderator6

1 minute ago, JSEagle said:

He's athletic. I'll give him that

Yea i dont know anything about him, but his tape looks good.  Good open space linebacker , but can he help the run game n hold up 16 games

What a way to screw up a draft where people touted it "the deepest wide receiver draft in a long time"......and all you do is come away with Reager.....

After that buzz kill 2nd rd pick, I like this pick a lot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LesGoEagles said:

Yea i dont know anything about him, but his tape looks good.  Good open space linebacker , but can he help the run game n hold up 16 games

That’s Edwards job. This kid can take that Malcolm role where he can play multiple places in the back 7. Super athletic, and good instincts. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LesGoEagles said:

Yes and yes

Special teams guy in the 3rd round after a backup QB in the 2nd.

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Just now, RICWOOFLAIR said:

What a way to screw up a draft where people touted it "the deepest wide receiver draft in a long time"......and all you do is come away with Reager.....

They have three fourth rounders and there are a good number of WRs left. 

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

There's still plenty of WR left

Howie is absolutely blowing this draft.  You can't make this up. How to take a deep draft and come away with virtually nothing except Reagor.

• Like 2

Well they seem to obsessed with speed this draft. We knew they needed speed. Highest drafted linebacker since Matt McCoy. 

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

Special teams?

We've got to have great special teams to block on kickoff returns after TDs that we are going to allow because of our lack of LB talent and thin secondary. So, I guess it makes sense in a twisted way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Any player drafted in the 3rd round or later is a special teamer until they can prove they are worth being a starter.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Special teams?

Immediate upgrade over Gerry. He also is probably looked at to play that Jenkins LB/S tweeter role. Incredibly athletic, and good instincts for the ball. I’m very happy with him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well they seem to obsessed with speed this draft. We knew they needed speed. Highest drafted linebacker since Matt McCoy. 

Ummm...was McCoy higher than Jordan Hicks or Mychal Kendricks?

1 hour ago, Jenkins27 said:

Another Gerry/J. Brown type?

I see him as more of a Jenkins S/LB. 4.49 speed let’s him cover TE, RB, slot guys. Can also blitz. 35” vertical, fast and great instincts. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

They drafted Kendricks in the 2nd round in 2012.

Just now, Outlaw said:

I see him as more of a Jenkins S/LB. 4.49 speed let’s him cover TE, RB, slot guys. Can also blitz. 45” vertical, fast and great instincts. 

45” vertical? Really?