Round 3 (#103): Eagles select Davion Taylor (Colorado OLB)

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I never heard of him, a quick search seems he was a 4th round prospect who is a special teamer, outside LB/safety hybrid.

I really, really wish they would have taken Queen in the 1st then Mims in the 2nd, and Burgess in the 3rd.

Naw man. We had to go get our new franchise... I mean backup qb.... I mean gadget player.... with the important 2nd round pick that we had to keep. 

Make sure good people surround Wentz...

2020 is just wow.  

4 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You can find starting caliber wrs in the 4th rd

Which WRs do you like in the 4th?  I could see Donovan Peoples-Jones.

Just now, NOTW said:

Gandy-Golden, Peoples-Jones or Tyler Johnson would be my picks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

DPJ or Watkins. Gandy-Golden if he falls

DPJ had some pretty bad qb play at Michigan. He's better then what is production shows 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

I dunno. Hurts was historically moronic even for us.

nah, Jon Harris, Danny Watkins, Jerome McDougal, SIdney Jones LJ smith, Agholor, the list of not so great high picks is long, we just don't draft well consistently. Every now and again we hit some home runs, but it's more rare than common occurrence. 

Just now, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

Don't get your hopes up on another WR

I agree, we have yet to draft any lineman, or DB's

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

nah, Jon Harris, Danny Watkins, Jerome McDougal, SIdney Jones LJ smith, Agholor, the list of not so great high picks is long, we just don't draft well consistently. Every now and again we hit some home runs, but it's more rare than common occurrence. 

I agree, we have yet to draft any lineman, or DB's

Really want Gandy Golden but I also really wanted Fulton, Chinn, don't know anything with this team anymore

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You can find starting caliber wrs in the 4th rd

Please.....there's always guys who end up being better than they are but you aren't finding a starting receiver in the 4th round. Not this draft. 

6 minutes ago, Godfather said:

DPJ or Watkins. Gandy-Golden if he falls

DPJ had some pretty bad qb play at Michigan. He's better then what is production shows 

Isaiah Hodgins, Joe Reed, Quartney Davis as well

4 minutes ago, PhillyFan4Life9 said:

Don't get your hopes up on another WR

CB, WR, Oline

13 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Tyler Johnson

Donovan Peoples-Jones

Antonio Gandy-Golden

KJ Hill

Gabriel Davis

etc

Still a lot of talent left at WR tomorrow. Plus you know, Jalen Reagor. 

Those guys aren't day 1 starters. This draft had day 1 starters out there in the 1st and 2nd round. 

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Please.....there's always guys who end up being better than they are but you aren't finding a starting receiver in the 4th round. Not this draft. 

You're positive? How do you know? 

Where do I go to rate our draft cause this crap is the "p” area

1 minute ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Those guys aren't day 1 starters. This draft had day 1 starters out there in the 1st and 2nd round. 

Yeah I know. We got one. DPJ, Johnson and Gandy-Golden have that potential as well. Most pundits have said there are starting caliber WRs into round 5 this year. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleblood52 said:

Where do I go to rate our draft cause this crap is the "p” area

Bet they still get a participation trophy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah I know. We got one. DPJ, Johnson and Gandy-Golden have that potential as well. Most pundits have said there are starting caliber WRs into round 5 this year. 

This team with the way they draft is more apt to draft a injured QB who would have been a 2nd rd pick if not for injury, and a Special Teams player Project and trade away one of your 4ths for a late 3rd next year. 

This guy is a baby as far as football goes read his story..really only 2 years of D1 Football And he has the quickness you can't teach great vertical.

He can be a hybrid with that speed ...NEVER forget without Jims okay this kid don't get picked. And he ran faster at his pro day ..DavionTaylor was rated as a prospect with tremendous upside . After posting a blazing 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at Colorado’s Pro Day, he upped his draft position to become a possible 3rd Round pick." https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/23...

Traits-based linebacker project with rare speed and explosiveness who may need an extended developmental runway to counter his lack of experience and awareness. Religious beliefs prevented him from playing high school ball (other than a single game) and he is still in the early stages of learning and applying proper technique and fundamentals in all phases of the game. While his inexperience shows up plenty on tape, he has flashes that show off what he could be capable of in the future. Scouts say he's very coachable and that he's one of Mel Tucker's (current CU head coach and former NFL coach) favorites. At best, he develops into a playmaking starter after two or three years. At worst, he should be a plus special teams talent fairly quickly.

40 Yard Dash
4.49u
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS

Pick one...like the player...not with that pick..

pick 2....wtf?!!!!...howie you had one job...goddamnit 

48 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

great instincts. 

Curious. Where did you determine this? Most knocks are about his inability to put himself in good position against elite linemen and misdiagnose breaks from receivers. 

5 minutes ago, NickD said:

This guy is a baby as far as football goes read his story..really only 2 years of D1 Football And he has the quickness you can't teach great vertical.

He can be a hybrid with that speed ...NEVER forget without Jims okay this kid don't get picked. And he ran faster at his pro day ..DavionTaylor was rated as a prospect with tremendous upside . After posting a blazing 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at Colorado’s Pro Day, he upped his draft position to become a possible 3rd Round pick." https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/23...

Traits-based linebacker project with rare speed and explosiveness who may need an extended developmental runway to counter his lack of experience and awareness. Religious beliefs prevented him from playing high school ball (other than a single game) and he is still in the early stages of learning and applying proper technique and fundamentals in all phases of the game. While his inexperience shows up plenty on tape, he has flashes that show off what he could be capable of in the future. Scouts say he's very coachable and that he's one of Mel Tucker's (current CU head coach and former NFL coach) favorites. At best, he develops into a playmaking starter after two or three years. At worst, he should be a plus special teams talent fairly quickly.

40 Yard Dash
4.49u
SECONDS

Bench Press
REPS

Vertical Jump
INCHES

Broad Jump
INCHES

3 Cone Drill
SECONDS

20 Yd Shuttle
SECONDS

Yup GM's fall in LOVE with----------------------------------------------------------POTENTIAL.

I thought they said they were going to take production over potential, actually on field play vs combine warriors? Could have sworn Howie or someone said that at end of season.