Round 3 (#103): Eagles select Davion Taylor (Colorado OLB)

Moderator6

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ummm...was McCoy higher than Jordan Hicks or Mychal Kendricks?

Jordan yes, but Kendricks no. Kendricks was 41, and McCoy was 63. Honestly forgot about Kendricks. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Ummm...was McCoy higher than Jordan Hicks or Mychal Kendricks?

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

They drafted Kendricks in the 2nd round in 2012.

Yeah I forgot about him, and I don’t even know why. McCoy was a 2nd round pick too though. 

• Like 1

"After the Senior Bowl, Davion Taylor was rated as a prospect with tremendous upside that could possibly land in the 5th or 6th Round. After posting a blazing 4.39 in the 40-yard dash at Colorado’s Pro Day, he upped his draft position to become a possible 3rd Round pick."

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/04/23/colorado-buffaloes-nfl-draft-football/

• Like 1

He's a former track guy and a very good athlete.  However, the knocks on him are about his football IQ and lack of diagnosing plays and technique like hand usage to shed blocks.  I guess with his athletic ability they see him as a player they can use at more than 1 position.  Not going to put the pick down, but not excited by it either.

I never heard of him, a quick search seems he was a 4th round prospect who is a special teamer, outside LB/safety hybrid.

I really, really wish they would have taken Queen in the 1st then Mims in the 2nd, and Burgess in the 3rd.

13 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Howie is absolutely blowing this draft.  You can't make this up. How to take a deep draft and come away with virtually nothing except Reagor.

Is it deep?  I thought different.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

5 minutes ago, vaff said:

45” vertical? Really?

Yeah. 4.39 40 at his pro day, 4.49 at combine. Super athletic. He’s raw but you can’t teach those measureables. 

5 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Most mocks had this guy going 6th round.

These tears are like icicles. 😓

No they didn’t. Since his pro day his stock shot up tremendously. And compare those mocks for rounds 2-3 to what actually happened tonight for all 32 teams. I’ll bet you they’re 10-20% accurate at best. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

He's a former track guy and a very good athlete.  However, the knocks on him are about his football IQ and lack of diagnosing plays and technique like hand usage to shed blocks.  I guess with his athletic ability they see him as a player they can use at more than 1 position.  Not going to put the pick down, but not excited by it either.

Didn’t they say he was only allowed to start playing football when he turned 18? That would explain some of that stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eaglestime34 said:

Is it deep?  I thought different.  Maybe I'm wrong.  

Not as much now. There was quite a bit of talent all over in the first 3 rounds. Now it is going to thin out. Even the deep WR class has thinned now as most teams have snapped up the talent.

Just now, DoWorx said:

his middle name is Jalen...LOL 

Re-sign Jalen then draft all the Jalens!

f9rW5Y0zRwAQ4Mt9LGCWfoemjgHUumuGp7Qwyw4s

• Like 2

Great another undersized fastball. He is very athletic and I can see him being moved around. Still, the Eagles needed speed on this defense badly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

However, the knocks on him are about his football IQ and lack of diagnosing plays and technique like hand usage to shed blocks

You mean like all the skills needed to be a LB?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

They have three fourth rounders and there are a good number of WRs left. 

18 minutes ago, Godfather said:

There's still plenty of WR left

I'm talking about actual legit talent. Its foolish at this point. When people say this is a deep draft they were more so talking about the 1st and 2nd rounders....not guys in the 4th or 5th round. 

3 minutes ago, vaff said:

Didn’t they say he was only allowed to start playing football when he turned 18? That would explain some of that stuff.

He's been playing since he was kid, but he couldn't play games on Fridays or Saturday nights because his family observes 7th Day Advent.....something.  It wasn't until he was set to go to college that his mother gave her blessing for him to play during the Advent.  Weird, but true.  So he hasn't played as much football due to this.

• Like 1

Just now, RICWOOFLAIR said:

I'm talking about actual legit talent. Its foolish at this point. When people say this is a deep draft they were more so talking about the 1st and 2nd rounders....not guys in the 4th or 5th round. 

You can find starting caliber wrs in the 4th rd

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

You mean like all the skills needed to be a LB?

Yeah, pretty much.

• Like 1

Lets face it, it's not like the Eagles routinely draft like the Steelers or Packers, this draft is pretty much how they draft, when we dont have earlier picks. 

1 minute ago, Ipiggles said:

Lets face it, it's not like the Eagles routinely draft like the Steelers or Packers, this draft is pretty much how they draft, when we dont have earlier picks. 

I dunno. Hurts was historically moronic even for us.

• Like 1

Just now, Godfather said:

You can find starting caliber wrs in the 4th rd

You can find starters in the 4th rd period. But you have to be either lucky or good.  I mean Trent Cole was a 5th rd right? and wasnt Celek a 4th?  Kelce was a 6th i believe? 

We have 3 4th rd picks, though 2 are at the end and really are all but 5ths. Let just hope we can turn one of those into a quality starter. 

4 minutes ago, RICWOOFLAIR said:

Tyler Johnson

Donovan Peoples-Jones

Antonio Gandy-Golden

KJ Hill

Gabriel Davis

etc

Still a lot of talent left at WR tomorrow. Plus you know, Jalen Reagor. 

Just now, Ipiggles said:

You can find starters in the 4th rd period. But you have to be either lucky or good.  I mean Trent Cole was a 5th rd right? and wasnt Celek a 4th?  Kelce was a 6th i believe? 

We have 3 4th rd picks, though 2 are at the end and really are all but 5ths. Let just hope we can turn one of those into a quality starter. 

Gandy-Golden, KJ Hill,  Collin Johnson, People-Jones. Good wrs left

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Tyler Johnson

Donovan Peoples-Jones

Antonio Gandy-Golden

KJ Hill

Gabriel Davis

etc

Still a lot of talent left at WR tomorrow. Plus you know, Jalen Reagor. 

Add Watkins to that list. Colin Johnson