NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

1 minute ago, jsdarkstar said:

LB Patrick Johnson. Finally.

Is he going to be DE or LB for us. Seems like a tweener, more a 3-4 OLB guy?

2 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

LB Patrick Johnson. Finally.

He was a DE in college. Good motor though. Lol

Colman ot from Umass went to the dolphins know the eagles had show good deal of interest in him.

I'm pretty jealous of Denver's draft haul.

Well Charles Davis said no way did he ever think Johnson would be around this late.

showed some good moves in the film.

I don't know whether others see this or not (I've mentioned it before.)...  It seems that in any year in which there is supposed to be a strong class at any one or two positions, the Eagles draft away from that position.  A couple of years ago it was supposed to be a strong RB group, but we didn't go there.  There was a year that was supposed to be especially strong for DL but we didn't go there.  This was supposed to be strong at CB - our most glaring need - and we barely touched the position.  This year was also supposed to be deep at WR, but we only went there for Round #1.  (It was said to be weaker at DL, but we picked 3 or maybe 4 guys - depending on where they see Johnson.)  It seems to me that we routinely draft away from the strength of the class.  Am I missing something, or is there really a frustrating pattern here?

5 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

I don't know whether others see this or not (I've mentioned it before.)...  It seems that in any year in which there is supposed to be a strong class at any one or two positions, the Eagles draft away from that position.  A couple of years ago it was supposed to be a strong RB group, but we didn't go there.  There was a year that was supposed to be especially strong for DL but we didn't go there.  This was supposed to be strong at CB - our most glaring need - and we barely touched the position.  This year was also supposed to be deep at WR, but we only went there for Round #1.  (It was said to be weaker at DL, but we picked 3 or maybe 4 guys - depending on where they see Johnson.)  It seems to me that we routinely draft away from the strength of the class.  Am I missing something, or is there really a frustrating pattern here?

The "We're smarter than everyone" syndrome.

3 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Noticed that also... maybe it can be said that by other teams  the deeper position it allows some better players at weak positions to drop.. 

but I would have loved a couple of those cbs and lbs that the cowboys, giants, skins got. 

maybe we have something big up or sleeves yet.. I don’t think you have room for all the dline men maybe someone gets traded for a corner?

29 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Yeah they do that.  They do not know how to build a team through the draft.

15 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

We got 7 of DJ's top 150 players:

6- DeVonta Smith

40- Landon Dickerson

72- Milton Williams

78- Kenneth Gainwell

85- Zech McPhearson

124- Patrick Johnson

126- Marlon Tuipulotu

https://www.nfl.com/news/best-remaining-prospects-available-in-the-2021-nfl-draft

Noticed that as well. 

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

@Outlaw Paris Ford looking to go I drafted.  What’s the scoop.

Think the draft was just real deep at safety. Nothing medically I could find. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Noticed that as well. 

Think the draft was just real deep at safety. Nothing medically I could find. 

Jump on that in UDFA

I wasn't on the board for the entire draft, but I kept tabs when the Eagles were up, and from what I saw when I was on was that the board didn't even blink. 

Now, when we go on our epic Super Bowl run, that may change. But we'll deal with that come January.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wasn't on the board for the entire draft, but I kept tabs when the Eagles were up, and from what I saw when I was on was that the board didn't even blink. 

Now, when we go on our epic Super Bowl run, that may change. But we'll deal with that come January.

The board was great, no issues.  Thanks again for all you've done!

I give this draft Grade B. Even though before the draft I was hoping it would be a lot higher.

1) I like Smith pick. Do not like giving up a third for him, but I can live with it. A

2) Dickerson...I have issues with his medical history. Should have never been picked this high. F for value. B for talent. F for availability (4 out 5 seasons on IR).

3)Williams..is a C.

4)McPhearson CB is A for Value. Tough kid. Like him. A

5)Gainwell is an A for Value. Very talented kid. A overall.

6(1)) Tui...is good Value and has potential. Overall a B.

6(2)) To me he is a reasonable value reach. C

7) Johnson is also reasonable value. C

Summary: 3 real good players A, 3 average picks C. 1 very high medical risk pick. D-

What is your by pick assesment?

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

What were the numbers like? I didn’t have any issues at all with anything loading.

we better go get some of these un drafted cb’s/ safeties

17 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

13 minutes ago, NOTW said:

The board was great, no issues.  Thanks again for all you've done!

Yes, board performed well all weekend.

13 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

I give this draft Grade B. Even though before the draft I was hoping it would be a lot higher.

1) I like Smith pick. Do not like giving up a third for him, but I can live with it. A

2) Dickerson...I have issues with his medical history. Should have never been picked this high. F for value. B for talent. F for availability (4 out 5 seasons on IR).

3)Williams..is a C.

4)McPhearson CB is A for Value. Tough kid. Like him. A

5)Gainwell is an A for Value. Very talented kid. A overall.

6(1)) Tui...is good Value and has potential. Overall a B.

6(2)) To me he is a reasonable value reach. C

7) Johnson is also reasonable value. C

Summary: 3 real good players A, 3 average picks C. 1 very high medical risk pick. D-

What is your by pick assesment?

You didn’t factor in the 1st and 5th round draft picks we acquired next year via draft trades.

9 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

What were the numbers like? I didn’t have any issues at all with anything loading.

Day 1 was the busiest, of course and we were close to our record of members/guests online at one time. The record is 618, we got to around 590 when we picked Smith. 

Here's what the draft looked like vs the month leading up to the draft:

Draft2021.JPG 

Santa Howie was very generous with the line coaches. The DB and LB coaches got coal. Must be on the naughty list. 

15 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

You didn’t factor in the 1st and 5th round draft picks we acquired next year via draft trades.

Yes I did account for excellent value next year trades. There were a lot of projections made in this year's draft. Overall it is a B. 

Archived