NFL Draft Ongoing Discussion - grade the Eagles draft

Traveler Vic

4 minutes ago, Infam said:

They are probably thinking that a cut later might free up more cap, so if they offer a fifth sixth-rounder.. I get if they say no. 

I mean maybe yeah... who knows what they are thinking. 

F yeah!  Gainwell will be amazing in this offense. He’s your Nyheim Hines

3 minutes ago, Infam said:

Ok, Gainwell in the fifth sounds decent.

Decent?  Amazing value at 150. I had him going early 3rd. 2600 all purpose yards, this kid is a superb receiver out of the backfield. Tells me they’re really following their BPA board. 

Damn you Denver! Caden Sterns will be a stud with Surtain. Denver secondary has a nice foundation for the future

Good pick.. surprised the big back lovers aren’t hating this pick.

We are really gonna use all those 6 and 7 round picks lol. 

7 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Good pick.. surprised the big back lovers aren’t hating this pick.

Why would they? He plays at 201lbs. He’s not Boston Scott. I loved this kid, never thought he’d make it to Philly as I couldn’t see them taking a RB before the 5th and had him pegged as an early 3rd rounder. I’m Fing pumped for this pick. 

Nice to see us get a pick right.  Day #3 is looking better than Day #2 so far...  Except that the farther back we get in the draft, the lower the likelihood that the guys actually work out.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Why would they? He plays at 201lbs. He’s not Boston Scott. I loved this kid, never thought he’d make it to Philly as I couldn’t see them taking a RB before the 5th and had him pegged as an early 3rd rounder. I’m Fing pumped for this pick. 

Is he as quick as Scott?

If he just turns out to be a repeat of the 2017 version of Clement, that'd be tremendous.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Because he isn’t 225 pound hammer. 

I’m very happy with the pick glad we got someone that’s good at catching 

2 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

Is he as quick as Scott?

If he just turns out to be a repeat of the 2017 version of Clement, that'd be tremendous.

You tell me. 

Picks I like: Smith, Gainwell

The rest: 

• Dickerson seems like a beast if heathy, serious concerns there though
  • Williams: will he ever be more than a backup/rotational guy? Seems like a talented pick though
  • Zech: seems like a project and won't be on the team in a couple years

I think the issue many fans will have with this draft will not necessarily be who they drafted, but who they DIDN'T draft.  Similar to the last few where there were guys on the board they liked and were at positions of need.  Not hindsight after they end up being good players, but at draft time, wanting them to take a corner, LB, DE, etc.

Howie has a knack for taking guys who are JAGS or decent backups or just ok starters...then apologists look back and say the picks aren't that bad...but they could have had better and they need to do better.

Just now, NOTW said:

The rest: 

• Williams: will he ever be more than a backup/rotational guy? Seems like a talented pick though

I think the issue many fans will have with this draft will not necessarily be who they drafted, but who they DIDN'T draft.  Similar to the last few where there were guys on the board they liked and were at positions of need.  Not hindsight after they end up being good players, but at draft time, wanting them to take a corner, LB, DE, etc.

Howie has a knack for taking guys who are JAGS or decent backups or just ok starters...then apologists look back and say the picks aren't that bad...but they could have had better and they need to do better.

I fully believe Milton Williams is a staple piece of our Dline moving forward. 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

You tell me. 

He looks great in open space. If the line can run block and the actually run the ball he might be a contributor.  I’d say this spells the end of Scott though. He was kind of whiny about his playing time and thinks too highly of himself.  Replacement now in house. 

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

The rest: 

Perfectly said. I define Howie as extreme mediocrity who had a statistical anomaly by winning a Super Bowl with a great year of free agent signings. I don't follow college, so I don't comment on the talent, or lack thereof of the players themselves, but I'm always going to remain skeptical until these guys show it on the field.

3 minutes ago, DBW said:

He looks great in open space. If the line can run block and the actually run the ball he might be a contributor.  I’d say this spells the end of Scott though. He was kind of whiny about his playing time and thinks too highly of himself.  Replacement now in house. 

With Gainwell they could easily keep just Sanders, Howard, Gainwell on the active roster if they want that roster slot used elsewhere. Those 3 give you amazing versatility within your RB room. 

6 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I fully believe Milton Williams is a staple piece of our Dline moving forward. 

I certainly hope so, and building the lines is great.

They keep ignoring the back 7 in the early parts of the draft though.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

I certainly hope so, and building the lines is great.

They keep ignoring the back 7 in the early parts of the draft though.

Once we signed Eric Wilson I stopped expecting a LB on day 1 or 2. Wilson, Singleton, Taylor, Edwards, Bradley is a better LB room than we’ve had in quite a while with a lot of youth. 

6 minutes ago, DBW said:

That flying TD at 0:45.. damn.

Holy cow! Denver Surtain, sterns and johnson. You would think they are drafting for the eagles lol

Zach Davidson gone...smh

LeCounte off the board now

Grayland Arnold is safe

Archived