ROUND 1 (#10): Eagles select DeVonta Smith (Alabama WR)

Moderator6

Much better this week. The TD called back was a rookie mistake and probably a coaching mistake too since Reagor did the exact same thing.

11 hours ago, Kwahu said:

Much better this week. The TD called back was a rookie mistake and probably a coaching mistake too since Reagor did the exact same thing.

Yeah it was definitely a WR and HC issue I think. For it to happen twice this year already with different players that's got to be partly on coaching. 

On 9/30/2021 at 2:34 PM, toolg said:

Rookie WR, undersized, going up against the opposing team's best CBs each week, if not double-teamed. I think he's doing fine. I feel like the coaches need to work on schemes to get Smith open. Perhaps moving him around, putting him in motion, varying his routes, doubling him with other WRs making defenses switch coverage.

Hurts and Smith played together at Alabama, so there is history already. Hurts has not been good throwing the long ball, so he needs to hit Smith short and let him make plays with his legs. I think Smith is versatile enough, he can make plays running short or long routes.

Smith needs to hit the weight room or his career will be short .