ROUND 3 (#73): Eagles select Milton Williams (Louisiana Tech DT)

Moderator6

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Lol @ philly sports writers. Read some of the well respected National guys like Brandt, Jeremiah, Caplan, etc. Hell Brugler gave us his highest grade. I can’t wait until Milton Williams is killing it and I can search these posts up. 

I hope they ALL play well, even if I hated the pick. I would rather be wrong and they all do well. Just because i don't like the picks doesn't mean I am not fully supporting them on the field. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

What do you propose we do ? Go back into the past and redo the draft? Howie is a gambler who takes unnecessary medical risks on high character guys hoping to get a Mercedes for the price of Ford...But mostly he gets a Hyundai for the price of Mercedes. At this point  there is nothing that can be done. I vividly disagreed with 2nd and 3rd round picks value, multiple times ...But they are Eagles at this point and that is that. On the opposite hand..I salute Howie for some late draft picks, getting Smith, and next year picks.( even though it was mostly a leftover of Wentz catastrophe.)

I hope they ALL play well, even if I hated the pick. I would rather be wrong and they all do well. Just because I don't like the picks doesn't mean I am not fully supporting them on the field. 

• Like 1

This is what Howie was thinking. (No, I did not talk to Howie personally, but it is easy enough to figure out.)

He was thinking..Aaron Donald. Aaron Donald is 6.1 284 lbs. 0-40 4.68 sec.

Milton Williams is 6'3" 284 lbs. 0-40 4.63 sec.

On paper one is as good as another...Except Donald has a wickedly fast first step, where he can split 2 defenders.. Williams is a big unknown with a lot of question marks.

Williams is not a run stopping DT.. he needs to be around 315 lbs to comfortably stop the run. Nor is he a DE..his hands are short. He is ..an over-drafted question mark.

Let's hope Gannon figures out a way to use him similar to Donald. 🙂 Crossing my fingers.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Williams is not a run stopping DT.. he needs to be around 315 lbs to comfortably stop the run. Nor is he a DE..his hands are short. He is ..an over-drafted question mark.

Can Donald not stop the run then?

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Come on! Very different. Donald is a successful experienced  NFL player, who has proven himself at his position. Just because Milton or someone also, are approximately the same height and weight..does not mean that they can perform as well as Donald does. And we do not know anything about him other than his college performance record. Unknown.

Darren Sproles was 5'6" and Donnel Pumphrey was 5'8"..Which one is a better RB??? LOL

8 hours ago, Traveler Vic said:

Come on! Very different. Donald is a successful experienced  NFL player, who has proven himself at his position. Just because Milton or someone also, are approximately the same height and weight..does not mean that they can perform as well as Donald does. And we do not know anything about him other than his college performance record. Unknown.

Darren Sproles was 5'6" and Donnel Pumphrey was 5'8"..Which one is a better RB??? LOL

But hang on... I didn't say anything about Williams performing the same as Donald. A reference was made to size and weight and comparing the two. And in that comparison it said a DT needs to be 315 pounds to stuff the run. 

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But hang on... I didn't say anything about Williams performing the same as Donald. A reference was made to size and weight and comparing the two. And in that comparison it said a DT needs to be 315 pounds to stuff the run. 

Williams plays the run very well; my concern with him is whether he’ll be a good pass rusher in the NFL.  Thus far my way-too-early prediction for him would be that he’ll be similar to Vinny Curry 

51 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

Williams plays the run very well; my concern with him is whether he’ll be a good pass rusher in the NFL.  Thus far my way-too-early prediction for him would be that he’ll be similar to Vinny Curry 

Drafting a Vinny Curry 2.0 in the third round would be a great deal.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Philthy Jawn said:

Drafting a Vinny Curry 2.0 in the third round would be a great deal.

Especially considering Curry himself was a 2nd round pick for us in 2012. I'm warming up to this pick although I would have preferred a CB at this spot.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 5:48 PM, Talonblood said:

We got a center with no knees and a 3rd round pick that every nearly Philly sports writer hates.

The Philly sports writers are a bunch of idiots. They're unprofessional and bash the team constantly. They are negative click bait thirsty glorified fan bloggers.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

But coming out of college he's known more for getting after the passer? And his size and his athleticism are that of a more dynamic pass rusher on the inside. 

On 5/7/2021 at 3:07 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

According to PFF he is not very good against the run.