ROUND 3 (#73): Eagles select Milton Williams (Louisiana Tech DT)

Moderator6

11 hours ago, T-1000 said:

Some draft rankings for Milton Williams

Dane Brugler - 70

Daniel Jeremiah - 72

CBS Sports big board - 72

PFF - 73 / 3rd best DT

Can someone explain to me why the Barrett Brooks's, ESP'S, TATErs, and hoague mouths on twitter are trashing this pick as a reach and acting like this guy was some nobody. Seriously, do people even watch college football or do 30 mins of research of prospects in the NFL draft before they run their mouths. People like Brooks and ESP get Fing paid to do this. If people don't like the pick and think they really should have forced a CB pick rather than go for value, fine. To say this was a horrible value pick though which is what I keep seeing and hearing is just downright stupid and lazy.

I think it's more they wanted a DB.

13 hours ago, eggs said:

This is my favorite clip of Howie and it exposes his total self promotional side trying to get everyone to fist bump him on his combine warrior and the old scout just won’t take the bait - he hates Howie and his stupid picks. He probably wanted a modest trade up for andre cisco who will be the next dawkins and Howie had his clever little discovery of the combine warrior for the third rate school and wouldn’t do it because he couldn’t look clever. What a dork. 

Well I feel for the older scout. I mean he would have spent countless hours scouting a player who was available there at 73. He then gets overruled by Howie and then that snake wants to fist bump with him. It reminds me of the movie Trouble with the curve where Clint Eastwood is the older scout and Howie is that sleazy GM.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ray75 said:

No worries! They won’t go into the season with Maddox playing opposite Slay again. They’ll find a way to get a solid starter into the building.

I’m glad they’re not reaching and forcing picks. Outside of Surtain, Horn, Farley, Stokes, Campbell and to some extend Samuel, Melifonwu, Adebo and Molden, this CB class sucks.

Hopefully they get some really good players today. Still some talent left on the board...

I dont follow college football much. What about the corner the cowboys drafted? Joseph.. any good?

34 minutes ago, judunno said:

Allegedly they wanted the CB that the Giants took after the trade back. Go Howie 😕

Robinson is considered mostly a nickel corner. And the guys I’ve heard, have said they prefer Williams over all of those guys.

12 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

I dont follow college football much. What about the corner the cowboys drafted? Joseph.. any good?

Possibly but comes with character concerns...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Like most Cowboys picks, he has character concerns. He basically got kicked off one college team, and the team he transferred to was supposedly happy when he entered the draft.

• Like 2

Just now, vaff said:

Like most Cowboys picks, he has character concerns. He basically got kicked off one college team, and the team he transferred to was supposedly happy when he entered the draft.

Aren't there character concerns with Parsons too? It is so typical of them. 

• Like 2

This pick is all about Howie trying to replace Malik Jackson. Kind of reminds me when he thought Arcega-Whiteside would replace Jeffery. Yeah, that worked out well...

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

This pick is all about Howie trying to replace Malik Jackson. Kind of reminds me when he thought Arcega-Whiteside would replace Jeffery. Yeah, that worked out well...

Didn't work out at all, but I'll admit it could've. At the time of the pick he wasn't my guy, but I thought he might be decent and not a total bust.

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Well I haven’t heard anyone that actually follows these guys call the pick a reach. And, we do have very little depth at DT, and Fletcher Cox is in his 30s.

2 minutes ago, Infam said:

Didn't work out at all, but I'll admit it could've. At the time of the pick he wasn't my guy, but I thought he might be decent and not a total bust.

It was a noted situation where the Eagles just didn’t follow their draft board. The plan was for the pick to be Parris Campbell. Nobody seems to know why they deviated from that.

It seems pretty simple......the eagles have a lot of needs,  and they clearly were prioritized by WR, CB, LB, OL, DL and TE.

When you have the picks available, and the players that can fill those roles slotted for those picks positions,  why overthink it?

I'm sure Dickerson has loads of potential, but for a team that has crushing injuries over the last 2 years, and especially on the offensive line, why take a high injury risk player?

You would think the eagles learned something from the sidney jones experiment.

The eagle approach the draft like they are a top flight team with abundance of talent.  They take hi risk guys, they take too many "projects" with high picks, they don't take players who fit obvious needs when they're available.

I've been a big defender of Roseman because of his ability with the cap and his ability to move around the draft board. But it seems like what he did for the super bowl team has gone to his head and he makes moves that have no discernible justification.

They had a chance to address WR, DB and LB with some really talented guys who could contribute right away....but come away with 1 starter and 2 guys that may or may not contribute this years and they still have huge holes in DB and LB

52 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Well I feel for the older scout. I mean he would have spent countless hours scouting a player who was available there at 73. He then gets overruled by Howie and then that snake wants to fist bump with him. It reminds me of the movie Trouble with the curve where Clint Eastwood is the older scout and Howie is that sleazy GM.

Donahoe.thumb.jpg.4ea3902995aa0101c53b1c48031e8e67.jpg1660876731_after3rdroundpick.thumb.jpg.ec070738b17310573e0091b2dca44f02.jpg

32 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

They had a chance to address WR, DB and LB with some really talented guys who could contribute right away....but come away with 1 starter and 2 guys that may or may not contribute this years and they still have huge holes in DB and LB

But outside of the first round, that's not what the draft is for, especially in a rebuilding year.  Drafting for need is what has gotten us into trouble in the past.  Furthermore, we don't need a slot corner like Robinson.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Procus said:

And the upside of having four sixth round picks in this draft instead of three is?

You can package those early 6th rounders and move up 20 spots into the 5th round.  I'd be looking to do that as the 5th round will offer players that should make your roster.  6th round is more of a practice squad type.  I would trade up and get a 2nd 5th rounder

• Like 2

Just now, weko said:

You can package those early 6th rounders and move up 20 spots into the 5th round.  I'd be looking to do that as the 5th round will offer players that should make your roster.  6th round is more of a practice squad type.  I would trade up and get a 2nd 5th rounder

Absolutely without doubt there bud! 

Not many trades going down so far!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manz2821 said:

I don't. He is acting unprofessional. If that is how he scouts too.. 

• Like 1

Just now, Infam said:

I don't. He is acting unprofessional. If that is how he scouts too.. 

I agree with this.  I thought his behavior was unprofessional.  He should've known that he was on live tv.  

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Allegedly they wanted the CB that the Giants took after the trade back. Go Howie 😕

You have 10 picks already.  You want a player at 70 you take him .... not move down just to pick up another late day 3 pick.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Howie has the attitude of someone that’s untouchable.  IT’s so fricken annoying

• Like 1

Just now, SNOORDA said:

Howie has the attitude of someone that’s untouchable.  IT’s so fricken annoying

Oh yeah it really is! I don't like him fist bumping after a third round pick with his track record. What's that about?

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

You have 10 picks already.  You want a player at 70 you take him .... not move down just to pick up another late day 3 pick.  

But we don't know that they then missed out on their player because they moved down?

31 minutes ago, Philthy Jawn said:

I agree with this.  I thought his behavior was unprofessional.  He should've known that he was on live tv.  

It's unprofessional and not a good look for a team that preaches collaboration, emotional intelligence and how "fun" the draft room is.

There are so many reports of dysfunction in this organization, just another example.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh yeah it really is! I don't like him fist bumping after a third round pick with his track record. What's that about?

But we don't know that they then missed out on their player because they moved down?

I’ll tell you what the fist bump is about.  It’s about howie being a dousch nozzl

8 minutes ago, NOTW said:

It's unprofessional and not a good look for a team that preaches collaboration, emotional intelligence and how "fun" the draft room is.

There are so many reports of dysfunction in this organization, just another example.

Yeah the "fun” bs got me.   They call it a war room for a reason.   It aint supposed to be fun and you should never be satisfied with your effort or haul.  And you certainly dont high five or fist bump or celebrate  i dont care how bad you wanted the player. It’s arrogant and unprofessional and looks stupid

Anyone ever hear Bill Belichick say how much  fun the draft was? How about fist bumps?