ROUND 4 (#123): Eagles select Zech McPhearson (Texas Tech CB) )

Moderator6

Just now, 315Eagles said:

I seen that but others have said he's a top 100 player.  Not sure dont know much about him.

At this point it is a crap shoot. Seems he likes to get a little bit physical so he may draw a few flags but it's up to Gannon and his positional coach to help him out. 

2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

CBS Sports:

Zech.PNG

Oh that's encouraging. 

I’m guessing Jonathan Gannon contributed to this pick, given his track record with CB’s.

I don't know him but he isn't ranked where I want him to be ranked based off of the rankings I currently follow! Losssseerrr

• Haha 1

ABC draft coverage on Zech:  athleticism, good at getting turnovers, weak in coverage, plays special teams...development project, roll the dice and hope for the best.  That sounds like Howie's draft strategy alright!

• Like 1

They had zero to say about the guy lol. Are least they found a picture. This just screams a "I'm Howie and I'm smarter than you all pick"! Not happy. 

• Like 1

Mcshay just said he had him as a 6th rounder. 

Remember guys, it's all about potential.  Hopefully the coaches can mold him and others drafted into good players.

There were other players that are more "proven" but oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, What The F said:

Mcshay just said he had him as a 6th rounder. 

And others think he's a really talented player with real upside. It's a crap shoot. It was pick #123 let's calm down. 

• Like 3

We don't have the roster to be grabbing "development' players. There are still starter caliber players left on the board. Stupid pick. 

• Like 1

Just now, 315Eagles said:

Remember guys, it's all about potential.  Hopefully the coaches can mold him and others drafted into good players.

There were other players that are more "proven" but oh well.

Bingo. The coaches haven't done a good enough job the last few years in developing guys. If they can develop him in to a decent starter or a decent depth guy then great. 

• Like 1

Tommy Lawlor in his day 3 preview this morning had this guy as one of five guys he would target in round 4.

• Like 2

Just now, vaff said:

Tommy Lawlor in his day 3 preview this morning had this guy as one of five guys he would target in round 4.

And that's where they've taken him so I think the value and position is fine.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And others think he's a really talented player with real upside. It's a crap shoot. It was pick #123 let's calm down. 

There are still starting caliber players available. We have a ton of holes. We have a ton of round six picks. Let Howie go nuts with his reach's there. 

Top 85 pick according to Daniel Jeremiah. High talent, needs some polish. Not bad.

• Like 1

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Maybe we're just sick of other teams finding contributors in rounds 3-5 while we're relying on guys selling tires to cover DeAndre Hopkins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Uscg-green said:

There are still starting caliber players available. We have a ton of holes. We have a ton of round six picks. Let Howie go nuts with his reach's there. 

But who's saying this is a reach? I put a lot of stock in to Jeremiah and he had him at #85 in his top 100.

• Like 1

Isnt that CB from Syracuse still available?  I would have took him.

Nevermind....Detroit already took him.

1 minute ago, Uscg-green said:

We don't have the roster to be grabbing "development' players. There are still starter caliber players left on the board. Stupid pick. 

Our roster indicates we’re far away from contending. We should be going for upside, not high floors.

• Like 1

Just now, vaff said:

Our roster indicates we’re far away from contending. We should be going for upside, not high floors.

I think a bit of a mixture. I like the idea of having guys with a high floor who can be solid contributors but we should be trying to bring in real prospects too.

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

You mean the safety? He's long gone

1 minute ago, 315Eagles said:

You don’t even know his name...

• Haha 2