ROUND 4 (#123): Eagles select Zech McPhearson (Texas Tech CB) )

Moderator6

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Robinson had a career year with us, probably helped by our very good D-Line. He's been pretty average other than that.

Letting him go was the right move.

Exactly. The year he came in I remember he had an awful TC and everyone feared the worst. In fact I remember someone saying playing with Robinson basically means you start with a 14-0 deficit.

• Like 1

Without knowing anything about McPhearson (same as all other picks other than Smith and Gainwell), I will have to hold off on any judgement until I see him/them play.  Another thing that comes with not knowing anything about them is that I then don’t have any expectations.  I only have hopes that some of these guys pan out (better than we’ve seen in recent years).  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

For the right price, we can save the picks and pouch their LBs.  They won't be expensive.  They can both play.

Why don't you think they'll be expensive?

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

For next offseason...

The Cowboys just invested most of their draft capital in new LB's.

Jaylon Smith and LVE are gone after 2021.

For the right price, we can save the picks and pouch their LBs.  They won't be expensive.  They can both play.

Since we don't emphasize the position, it's a good opportunity to get big talent without the big investment...while taking a nice little swipe at our division rivals.

Dumb idea

dont want either

So is it pronounced Zach or Zech. I have heard both. Also, if you want to name your kid Zach why spell it with an E so everyone calls him the wrong name his whole life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, T-1000 said:

So is it pronounced Zach or Zech. I have heard both. Also, if you want to name your kid Zach why spell it with an E so everyone calls him the wrong name his whole life.

It is pronounced Zach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 4:21 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why don't you think they'll be expensive?

I don’t know if they’ll be expensive, but they’re both extremely injury prone and they don’t play a premium position.

4 minutes ago, eagle45 said:

Does this guy have the inside track on a starting job opposite Slay?

Would seem to have as good a shot as anyone else. 

2 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Does this guy have the inside track on a starting job opposite Slay?

That or toast 2.0.

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Would seem to have as good a shot as anyone else. 

Yeah I think that's fair. He can't be worse than Maddox on the outside!

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I think that's fair. He can't be worse than Maddox on the outside!

Sadly we've actually seen worse.  I think the Eagles will sign a vet in the next couple of days

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Sadly we've actually seen worse.  I think the Eagles will sign a vet in the next couple of days

I hope they sign a vet and also trade for a guy with upside. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I hope they sign a vet and also trade for a guy with upside. 

I don't think they'll trade a 2022 pick but we'll see

1 minute ago, pgcd3 said:

I don't think they'll trade a 2022 pick but we'll see

I mean I'm talking like a third or fourth rounder bud I'm not talking a first or second. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean I'm talking like a third or fourth rounder bud I'm not talking a first or second. 

I'd rather not a 3rd either. Cause then if they play well they will want a big contract and we aren't even ready to be handing out big contracts in the next few years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'd rather not a 3rd either. Cause then if they play well they will want a big contract and we aren't even ready to be handing out big contracts in the next few years. 

Not really true... Our cap situation is going to really change in the next couple of years. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not really true... Our cap situation is going to really change in the next couple of years. 

Maybe, still rather grow from the draft. Also trading for players and signing free agents and not drafting well is why we are in this mess I'm the first place. 

He has already pushed a bunch of bad contracts into next year so yes it is true. If Carson wouldn't of sucked ass we would be in terrible shape next year again 

43 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe, still rather grow from the draft. Also trading for players and signing free agents and not drafting well is why we are in this mess I'm the first place. 

He has already pushed a bunch of bad contracts into next year so yes it is true. If Carson wouldn't of sucked ass we would be in terrible shape next year again 

In a way Carson sucking, and wanting out bailed Roseman out of the mess of that contract with Carson. That allows Roseman to at least make some moves with getting rid of some contracts in the future. If they were on the hook for Carson’s contract they would’ve been done in cause he’s not good enough to carry a team on his own and they were too cap strapped to get him any real help at all. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

In a way Carson sucking, and wanting out bailed Roseman out of the mess of that contract with Carson. That allows Roseman to at least make some moves with getting rid of some contracts in the future. If they were on the hook for Carson’s contract they would’ve been done in cause he’s not good enough to carry a team on his own and they were too cap strapped to get him any real help at all. 

Exactly, so I'm not going to sit here and pretend Howie fixed this crap and he should be free to carry on with doing what he has been doing. All of it led to this mess and Carson being crap bailed his ass out of an even worse situation. So the moron needs to learn to draft better before I would allow him to have free reign on trades and free agents. 

On 5/1/2021 at 1:08 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And others think he's a really talented player with real upside. It's a crap shoot. It was pick #123 let's calm down. 

The Eagles needed a corner that can handle the opponents #1 receiver with no help, the would make Slay their #2 corner, there were corners in round 2 that could have filled that void.

A corner with 4.5 speed will not be covering the #1 receiver with no help......BAD PICK!! 

The Eagles don't have a clue concerning the team's needs, forget about choosing players that can fill those needs. They didn't draft the RB they needed, they already had a RB with the skillset of what they drafted, nor did they draft the CB they needed, they already have many useless CBs on the team now.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

But he'll move contracts around again next year because that's what he does. I don't like it because it kicks the can but the cap situation will be much different now Carson is off the books. 

There's nothing wrong with trading for guys with upside. You need to sign FA's and trade for guys to support your roster build. 

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

The Eagles needed a corner that can handle the opponents #1 receiver with no help, the would make Slay their #2 corner, there were corners in round 2 that could have filled that void

And the top 2 guys went off the board before the Eagles made their first round pick. Slay is the #1 for now and they need a solid #2 this year and then need to replace Slay with a stud long term. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But he'll move contracts around again next year because that's what he does. I don't like it because it kicks the can but the cap situation will be much different now Carson is off the books. 

There's nothing wrong with trading for guys with upside. You need to sign FA's and trade for guys to support your roster build. 

Either way I rather them use this year to get a better idea of what exactly they do have and potentially need. 

• Like 1