ROUND 4 (#123): Eagles select Zech McPhearson (Texas Tech CB) )

Moderator6

goeagles99 wanted him so there's that.

Wow, Shaun Wade projected as a late first rounder in 2020, went back to Ohio St and must have really crapped the bed.  

Just now, The Blackfish said:

Wow, Shaun Wade projected as a late first rounder in 2020, went back to Ohio St and must have really crapped the bed.  

DeVonta ruined him.

1 minute ago, NOTW said:

It was a good value pick

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

DeVonta ruined him.

Yep. Completely exposed him. To be fair he did that to alot of people. 

• Like 4

Just now, D-Shiznit said:

DeVonta ruined him.

He still covers the slot better than anyone the Eagles have.  Well used too anyway.  
One more for David Moore!!

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

He had him as one of five guys he wanted the Eagles to target in round four, this morning.

4 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

There's gotta be a happy middle ground lol. 

That's my thought. We don't need a trio of Ray Lewis, Urlacherssss, and Lawrence Taylor, but we could sure use better than the Nate Gerry's of the world.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 315Eagles said:

Hopefully they make a helmet big enough for him.

There is one, but Dark Helmet has it.  Only the power of the Schwartz can take it from him.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That's my thought. We don't need a trio of Ray Lewis, Urlacherssss, and Lawrence Taylor, but we could sure use better than the Nate Gerry's of the world.

Apparently it was the LB coach (whose name I’m forgetting) that loved Gerry so much.

Just now, vaff said:

Apparently it was the LB coach (who’s name I’m forgetting) that loved Gerry so much.

Flajole.

• Like 1

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Flajole.

Yeah, according to the Inside the Birds guys he was Nate Gerry’s biggest backer.

Just now, vaff said:

Yeah, according to the Inside the Birds guys he was Nate Gerry’s biggest backer.

Well, then I'm glad he's gone too.

• Like 3

From Daniel Jeremiah, who I respect the most out of the draft pundits:

47A91E30-CC8C-4D5D-A443-BDAB55E220BA.png

• Like 3

23-year-old Columbia, Maryland native was a first-team All-Big 12 selection and team captain as a senior after notching 53 tackles and four interceptions. A two-year starter for the Red Raiders, McPhearson finished his college career with 120 tackles, 18 pass deflections, and the four picks. He also scored two touchdowns in his college career (fumble return, blocked field goal return) and blocked two extra points in 2019.

At 5-10, 196 pounds, McPhearson has experience playing both outside and in the slot. He started his college career at Penn State before transferring to Texas Tech in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

From Daniel Jeremiah, who I respect the most out of the draft pundits:

47A91E30-CC8C-4D5D-A443-BDAB55E220BA.png

One spot behind Joseph, who the Cowboys picked like 80 picks earlier.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vaff said:

One spot behind Joseph, who the Cowboys picked like 80 picks earlier.

Exactly. Just cause he’s not a household name doesn’t mean he isn’t talented. I like his versatility to play outside and in the slot. I still expect another CB and there are quite a few who are good value. May even see a trade up back into the 5th. 

• Like 1

On day 3 picks, I'm not sure what people are expecting. The idea is to find good prospects to develop. Having a good football IQ and athletic ability hopefully leads to faster development. It was a position of need and I'm glad we addressed it. 

While we may have missed out on some earlier CBs because of how the draft played out, we'll have to hope for the best with any day 3 guys we end up with. If we still don't find someone to be CB2, there will surely be guys available to us in 2022 with all our picks. If Hurts plays well, that's even better as we won't need to address QB early and tie up a lot of draft capital there.

Good pick. Good value. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Blackfish said:

Yes, he did. His tape looks awful. He will benefit greatly from a switch to S. 

1 minute ago, brkmsn said:

On day 3 picks, I'm not sure what people are expecting. The idea is to find good prospects to develop. Having a good football IQ and athletic ability hopefully leads to faster development. It was a position of need and I'm glad we addressed it. 

While we may have missed out on some earlier CBs because of how the draft played out, we'll have to hope for the best with any day 3 guys we end up with. If we still don't find someone to be CB2, there will surely be guys available to us in 2022 with all our picks. If Hurts plays well, that's even better as we won't need to address QB early and tie up a lot of draft capital there.

Good pick. Good value. 

I think DE and CB will be what we are looking for next year for sure.

LB and Safety though.. probably later. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Infam said:

I think DE and CB will be what we are looking for next year for sure.

LB and Safety though.. probably later. 

Yeah. We'll have to see who ends up on the roster in September. We may still add an out of work vet before the season when teams are making cuts. Perhaps one of our prospects makes a large enough leap to feel good about. I'm not writing off Jacquet either as a player in the future. Just the opposite, actually. I just think he needs time to develop. Even if we find a young guy to go with moving forward, we have to plan on replacing Slay at some point. So CB figures to be a need next year no matter what. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 315Eagles said:

Love the pick!!!  He has a great motor, good ball skills and tons of mental toughness.

Actually I have no idea who that is.

4.5 40, if he's put on the field at the CB position he'll get burnt all game long.....every game!!

With Lurie and Roseman making the picks this team will be in talent hell forever.

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

4.5 40, if he's put on the field at the CB position he'll get burnt all game long.....every game!!

With Lurie and Roseman making the picks this team will be in talent hell forever.

Because every CB who runs a 4.5 40 gets burned badly?

3 hours ago, What The F said:

If that was the case, the eagles board is broken.  Literally 15-20 higher ranked CBs left.  

show me 15-20 that were ranked higher...ill wait Mr. GM