ROUND 4 (#123): Eagles select Zech McPhearson (Texas Tech CB) )

Moderator6

3 hours ago, What The F said:

If that was the case, the eagles board is broken.  Literally 15-20 higher ranked CBs left.  

It's not broken, it is just upside down.

I watched some of his tape. He came up big in his biggest games. Creating turnovers and shutting down some good receivers. He was extremely clutch on the biggest stages.

He scored a TD against WV that won that game and he picked off Baylor sparking their late come back win. Always around the ball, besides his 4 picks, he had two fumble recoveries, one for a TD. He also recovered a blocked field goal return for 90 yards for a TD.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Because every CB who runs a 4.5 40 gets burned badly?

In today's NFL, yes they do!!

Don’t know much about the guy. Is he a true outside guy or pure slot corner? He seems to be shorter bodied which makes me think slot. 

14 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

Cardinals took both of my sleeper DBs

Gowan was not a sleeper. Nor was James Wiggins. I really wanted Gowan. I think the Eagles did too. He went the pick before them and you could tell they weren’t expecting him gone which is why the clock almost winded all the way down. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Gowan was not a sleeper. Nor was James Wiggins. I really wanted Gowan. I think the Eagles did too. He went the pick before them and you could tell they weren’t expecting him gone which is why the clock almost winded all the way down. 

They had plenty of chances to draft Gowan.

And I consider someone a sleeper if they’re drafted late and end up being a solid starter. Hence people sleeping on them until late in the draft.

3 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

They had plenty of chances to draft Gowan.

And I consider someone a sleeper if they’re drafted late and end up being a solid starter. Hence people sleeping on them until late in the draft.

Thought you meant that they weren’t being thought of at all. Lol

• Like 1

Like everyone else, I don't know anything about this kid. The little I can find out about him suggests he's backup quality. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

DeVonta ruined him.

Jahan Dotson of PSU started that train.  He also beat him for 3 TDS.

6 hours ago, mihailo said:

It's not broken, it is just upside down.

Yeah - howie has to go, now. 

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

In today's NFL, yes they do!!

Not in the right scheme. Not with help over the top. 

I grade this pick an B+

Great value for the selection. I liked this kid going into the draft. I know most didnt know who he was but I though he was similar to a Sheldon Brown type of player. Tough kid, excited to see him in Green. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vileborg said:

I watched some of his tape. He came up big in his biggest games. Creating turnovers and shutting down some good receivers. He was extremely clutch on the biggest stages.

He scored a TD against WV that won that game and he picked off Baylor sparking their late come back win. Always around the ball, besides his 4 picks, he had two fumble recoveries, one for a TD. He also recovered a blocked field goal return for 90 yards for a TD.

We are desperate for a guy in the secondary that comes up with these types of plays.   Its been a while since we had one.  

The pick six in the 2017 playoff game vs vikings is the last time a remember someone in our secondary coming up huge when we needed it most. Then we let that cb walk the next year(not sure where he went)  That play changed the whole game really and completely deflated minny.  

I have no problem taking a chance on a cb with a nose for finding the endzone.  

20 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

We are desperate for a guy in the secondary that comes up with these types of plays.   Its been a while since we had one.  

The pick six in the 2017 playoff game vs vikings is the last time a remember someone in our secondary coming up huge when we needed it most. Then we let that cb walk the next year(not sure where he went)  That play changed the whole game really and completely deflated minny.  

I have no problem taking a chance on a cb with a nose for finding the endzone.  

Robinson had a career year with us in 2017 then hit FA.  He got paid by NO then got hurt, IIRC.  They were able to pay him more than we could so that's why he left.  One cog in the machine, but a rather important cog.

34 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Robinson had a career year with us in 2017 then hit FA.  He got paid by NO then got hurt, IIRC.  They were able to pay him more than we could so that's why he left.  One cog in the machine, but a rather important cog.

Yes Patrick robinson.  Shoulda kept him imo. I mean... mills and others were more expendable 

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Yes Patrick robinson.  Shoulda kept him imo. I mean... mills and others were more expendable 

But he wanted a pretty big deal. He was one of those one year deals. You bring them in, they perform and they want a good contract after. 

• Like 1

I’ll admit to not knowing as much about McPhearson as I did some other guys, but I’ve come across a few articles calling him a hidden gem. Below is from the CBS list of winners/losers in the draft. 

A4D07F7E-C49D-465B-9D03-4EAFADF8390E.png

• Like 1

I wanted him when they were making the pick and knew nothing about him the day before. That sums it up

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

21 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But he wanted a pretty big deal. He was one of those one year deals. You bring them in, they perform and they want a good contract after. 

Robinson had a career year with us, probably helped by our very good D-Line. He's been pretty average other than that.

Letting him go was the right move.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, vaff said:

According to Adam Caplan, the Eagles are really high on this guy.

I’d hope so. They drafted him.

6 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

I’d hope so. They drafted him.

They were apparently all really excited they were able to get him. You know, opposite of Tom Donahue on the Milton Williams pick.