ROUND 4 (#123): Eagles select Zech McPhearson (Texas Tech CB) )

Moderator6

19 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Either way I rather them use this year to get a better idea of what exactly they do have and potentially need. 

But right now they don't have anything... They have to at least have some competence on the field otherwise its very hard to assess any position. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But right now they don't have anything... They have to at least have some competence on the field otherwise its very hard to assess any position. 

Maybe from our perspective, maybe they like what they have we know nothing. I'm fine if they pick up a free agent but I'm not spending a third for a guy that might have upside. Might as well use your own pick then and draft a guy that will also have upside. 

3 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Maybe from our perspective, maybe they like what they have we know nothing. I'm fine if they pick up a free agent but I'm not spending a third for a guy that might have upside. Might as well use your own pick then and draft a guy that will also have upside. 

But when I say might have upside I'm thinking a team that's already got a lot of options. My buddy @Ray75 provided me with a list of potential options the other day. That list included 4 guys in Tampa where they've invested a number of second and third round picks over the last couple of years. Why not go for one of those guys? They can't keep them all beyond their rookie deals... 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But when I say might have upside I'm thinking a team that's already got a lot of options. My buddy @Ray75 provided me with a list of potential options the other day. That list included 4 guys in Tampa where they've invested a number of second and third round picks over the last couple of years. Why not go for one of those guys? They can't keep them all beyond their rookie deals... 

If a team spent multiple 2nd and third rounders on corners obviously they need them cause some of them sucked . Why would a team trade a guy if they have upside? Seems like they don't since they keep drafting more. 

7 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Exactly, so I'm not going to sit here and pretend Howie fixed this crap and he should be free to carry on with doing what he has been doing. All of it led to this mess and Carson being crap bailed his ass out of an even worse situation. So the moron needs to learn to draft better before I would allow him to have free reign on trades and free agents. 

Yeah some people right now seem to think Howie is good again. Well he finds ways to stick around, but he’s the one who created many of the problems this team has had. I can acknowledge Howie did good (and got lucky too) to get out of the mess HE created. Still if his drafting keeps stinking the Eagles will not progress. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

If a team spent multiple 2nd and third rounders on corners obviously they need them cause some of them sucked . Why would a team trade a guy if they have upside? Seems like they don't since they keep drafting more. 

There are a couple of teams out there who are stacked at corner. That’s all I’m saying.

From what I gathered, the Steelers got rid of Nelson for a reason. That contract wasn’t the only issue.

In his short career, Conley has already played for two teams. He also got injured last year.

I don’t know what Howie will do but I’m fully expecting him to address the CB position one way or another. Can’t go into the season as is with either James or Maddox as your best options playing opposite Slay on the outside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Because I doubt they can keep all 4 guys happy and pay them at the end of their rookie contracts? So why not see if you can get a return on one of them? I appreciate it may be a long shot.

3 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Yeah some people right now seem to think Howie is good again. Well he finds ways to stick around, but he’s the one who created many of the problems this team has had. I can acknowledge Howie did good (and got lucky too) to get out of the mess HE created. Still if his drafting keeps stinking the Eagles will not progress. 

It's like the QB that turns the ball over 3 times leading to 21 points for the other team. Then that QB comes back and wins and everyone is all over the QBs nuts because he brought them back! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Heres what I've noticed over reading articles/watching some reports. 

The Eagles are a back up team. 

The QB was drafted as a backup, and for the most part looks like a back up

Every WR is a WR2.. but probably a Wr3. 

The entire defensive line would all be good supporting cast members on other teams with no clear cut star

The Linerbackers wouldnt start any where in the league

Outside of Slay the Dback room isnt good and most would have a hard time finding a home if they get cut. 

Im unsure if we're too optimistic on this board, or plain dumb(which some are) but this is a REALLY bad team

Sigh

Hurts was never drafted to be a backup- that’s why Wentz was so upset. Too early to judge him.

We have one of the deepest D lines in the league. A lot of our backups would start elsewhere.

Nelson has been a good starting corner with both the Chiefs and Steelers. Harris and McLeod are both good starting safeties,

3 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Hurt

Hurt

Who knows

talks of him getting cut.

Yup. Howie hit another home run

Gainwell isn't getting cut.  That kind of talk after the very first couple days of camp in his rookie year is just ridiculous.  

• Like 3

On 5/9/2021 at 11:54 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

The System. Some guys fit in and some guys do not. Some players thrive at cover 2, and some utterly suck at man coverage. Need to look closer at each individual case.

9 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

The System. Some guys fit in and some guys do not. Some players thrive at cover 2, and some utterly suck at man coverage. Need to look closer at each individual case.

This post is 3 months old at 3am in the morning. I have no clue what I was talking about then lol

• Haha 1

On 8/4/2021 at 8:29 AM, Bacarty2 said:

Hurt

Hurt

Who knows

talks of him getting cut.

Yup. Howie hit another home run

Minor precautionary issue

Has been and always will be a gamble

This can be said by you for all 4

#fakenews Not a chance in hell. Sig bet?

This kid is going to knock Maddox out of his spot

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

This kid is going to knock Maddox out of his spot

In the slot? I didn't think he'd played much in the slot during TC so far.