Undrafted Free Agents Signings Tracker

time2rock

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/5/1/22414908/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-nfl-draft-2021-news-rumors-players-udfa-eagles-rookies-updates

Thus far it is being reported that we’ve signed:

Jamie Newman (Georgia QB)

Jack Stroll (Nebraska TE)

Jaquan Bailey (Iowa St. DE)

Trevon Grimes (Florida WR)

Jhamon Ausbon (Texas A&M WR)

Harry Crider (Indiana OC)

UPDATE 5/3/21:

It is also reported that we've signed Buffalo OT Kayode Awosika (projects to OG in the NFL).

https://www.ubbullrun.com/2021/5/1/22414783/kayode-awosika-signed-by-the-eagleshttps://www.ubbullrun.com/2021/5/1/22414783/kayode-awosika-signed-by-the-eagles

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/5/1/22414908/undrafted-free-agent-signings-tracker-nfl-draft-2021-news-rumors-players-udfa-eagles-rookies-updates

This far it is being reported that we’ve signed:

Jamie Newman (Georgia QB)

Jack Stroll (Nebraska TE)

Jaquan Bailey (Iowa St. DE)

Trevon Grimes (Florida WR)

Jhamon Ausbon (Texas A&M WR)

Harry Crider (Indiana OC)

Newman is a great signing. I knew the eagles would have the upper hand on any QB they wanted to sign as an udfa. 

Grimes is my favorite signing. He should EASILY and I mean EASILY beat out Whiteside. Coach Johnson knows his potential and I am sure he is pumped. Could also compete with Fulgham. I think grimes makes the team. 

Bailey is interesting. Good college production. Great competition in the dline group

• Like 2

Should be an attractive destination for secondary players - assume we get a few of CBs and S

Just now, kiwieagle said:

Should be an attractive destination for secondary players - assume we get a few of CBs and S

Exactly

16 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Newman is a great signing. I knew the eagles would have the upper hand on any QB they wanted to sign as an udfa. 

Grimes is my favorite signing. He should EASILY and I mean EASILY beat out Whiteside. Coach Johnson knows his potential and I am sure he is pumped. Could also compete with Fulgham. I think grimes makes the team. 

Bailey is interesting. Good college production. Great competition in the dline group

I agree. Grimes should make this team easily. 

1 hour ago, kiwieagle said:

...and punters. I know, I know: "Punter? Really? Who cares?"

But for bad teams - and lets face it, we're probably not going to be good next year, rebuilding and all that - the punter tends to get a lot of work, and having a good one can made a significant difference in field position in every game. And with all respect to Arryn Siposs, the Eagles punting job has to be considered one of the most winnable in the NFL for any UDFA who chooses to sign here.

Defensive backs should be lining up to sign here

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Defensive backs should be lining up to sign here

For real. Can become a starter instantly

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

You think he makes the roster?

I mean how many WRs do we go with? 6? So Reagor and Smith are locks. Ward is very likely to make the roster. Watkins too. So that's 4. I don't think they'll give up on Hightower after one year so that may leave 1 spot.

6 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

. He should EASILY and I mean EASILY beat out Whiteside.

Shouldn't be too difficult considering JJAW will be transitioning to TE (H Back) next season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Shouldn't be too difficult considering JJAW will be transitioning to TE (H Back) next season. 

I think I could beat out JJAW.

I am honestly amazed at the lack of defensive backs on this list.  I would think they would sign multiple or some would actually want to come here because the cupboard is bare.

Trill Williams, Bryan Mills, Bryce Thompson, Christian Uphoff, DJ Daniel, Mark Gilbert, Lamont Wade, Shakur Brown, Antonio Phillips, Ar'Darius Washington, Olaijah Griffin, Tariq Thompson have all been signed by other teams.  

I guess they really like what they have in Jacquet, Maddox, Arnold, Riley, Houston, Seymour James, etc...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean how many WRs do we go with? 6? So Reagor and Smith are locks. Ward is very likely to make the roster. Watkins too. So that's 4. I don't think they'll give up on Hightower after one year so that may leave 1 spot.

Smith

Reagor

Ward

Watkins

Hightower

Grimes/Fulgham/JJaw is your competition spot. And I think Grimes can outshine them both. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we go 6 like we did last year. In no specific order:

Smith, Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, Grimes

I think Ward misses the cut. Hightower is by far the superior route runner compared to Ward. He can play out the slot. Also a lot more explosive which I think this coaching staff is looking for. Ward has better hands but Hightower does not have to worry about catching a Randy Johnson Fast ball on every throw. Hurts actually has some touch and throws a very catchable ball. In Sirianni’s offensive he has already stated guys will be continuously moving around so you can see Reagor and Smith in the slot in certain formations. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

He just can’t play. Regardless of Position 

25 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I think we go 6 like we did last year. In no specific order:

Smith, Reagor, Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, Grimes

I think Ward misses the cut. Hightower is by far the superior route runner compared to Ward. He can play out the slot. Also a lot more explosive which I think this coaching staff is looking for. Ward has better hands but Hightower does not have to worry about catching a Randy Johnson Fast ball on every throw. Hurts actually has some touch and throws a very catchable ball. In Sirianni’s offensive he has already stated guys will be continuously moving around so you can see Reagor and Smith in the slot in certain formations. 

Can Hightower play the slot though? I'm not sure. And Ward is dependable and reliable. He's not great but he's solid. He'll make the plays he needs to make and should make. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can Hightower play the slot though? I'm not sure. And Ward is dependable and reliable. He's not great but he's solid. He'll make the plays he needs to make and should make. 

He can and he has. He did line up in the slot at Boise State from time to time

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I mean look I like Ward but a upgrade in the slot would be nice.

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I am honestly amazed at the lack of defensive backs on this list.  I would think they would sign multiple or some would actually want to come here because the cupboard is bare.

Trill Williams, Bryan Mills, Bryce Thompson, Christian Uphoff, DJ Daniel, Mark Gilbert, Lamont Wade, Shakur Brown, Antonio Phillips, Ar'Darius Washington, Olaijah Griffin, Tariq Thompson have all been signed by other teams.  

I guess they really like what they have in Jacquet, Maddox, Arnold, Riley, Houston, Seymour James, etc...

It seems that the UDFAs are about the same level of ability of the CBs already on the roster, Slay and maybe Maddox being the only exceptions.  Add a few of UDFAs for competition that may bring out the best of someone.  The FO may be working to sign some vet CBs to add to the group.  Kind of surprised that they did not draft more CBs, even in later rounds.

• Like 2

Where the hell are the CBs? Clearly one our greatest needs and we only picked up one in a late round of the draft?
If we have injuries in the secondary like we did last year we'll be scraping the barrel again. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, eaglegenius said:

Where the hell are the CBs? Clearly one our greatest needs and we only picked up one in a late round of the draft?
If we have injuries in the secondary like we did last year we'll be scraping the barrel again. 

Our new defense doesn’t use cb’s apparently we only need 1 on the field.

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I mean look I like Ward but a upgrade in the slot would be nice.

Agreed. But I think you could see Watkins in the slot with Reagor and DeVonta outside in some packages. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Agreed. But I think you could see Watkins in the slot with Reagor and DeVonta outside in some packages. 

Oh I could see that. I could see Reagor in the slot or DeVonta in the slot too.

14 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Hightower showed nothing last year. Sure, he’s fast but he can’t catch and he can’t track the ball. I’m not sure how you guys are counting on him making the roster over Fulgham. Fulgham disappeared at the end of the year but gave his best Jerry Rice impersonation for a few games. 

Hightower is another example of Howie drafting a guy based on his 40 time. 

• Like 3