Undrafted Free Agents Signings Tracker

time2rock

15 minutes ago, SwingOnThis said:

Maybe they're looking at Grimes as a TE lol

Yeah, totally look the same size.

Florida WR Trevon Grimes skips 2020 Cotton Bowl, declares for 2021 NFL  Draft | OnlyGators.com: Florida Gators news, analysis, schedules and scores

Maybe Howie is trying to trade Ertz for a CB. Don't know which one or who the like, but just a thought.

59 minutes ago, SwingOnThis said:

Maybe they're looking at Grimes as a TE lol

To be honest, Grimes should have made the switch to TE a long time ago. His athleticism and frame would have translated to the position and his deficiencies minimized. Might be too late now.

7 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

To be honest, Grimes should have made the switch to TE a long time ago. His athleticism and frame would have translated to the position and his deficiencies minimized. Might be too late now.

Not a lot of 218 pound TE's in the league.

4 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not a lot of 218 pound TE's in the league.

That's why the switch earlier in college would have been beneficial to him, add 15-20ish lbs through college and make the transition to TE.

20 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Lol look at wr list...

no one has him over Fulgham. I have him over ward. Jason Avant stated that Hightower is the best Route running WR on the team by far last year. Also stated that the lack of touch on the ball led to a few drops. The drops on deep balls he attributed to lack of concentration. Yes, no perfect but he has more upside than Greg Ward.

Hightower reminded me so much of Pinkston his rookie year 

Pinkston his rookie year looked scared and lost and scared of contact, second year I think he adjusted to the speed of the game and had a better second season with over 500 yards then 3rd year looked good going over 700 and 7 tds.

Hightower played the same way last year, he just looked lost and over whelmed and scared of contact.

Hopefully he can come back a bit stronger physically and mentally and show out, he runs good routes and showed the ability to beat corners deep he just didn't know what to do when he best them and if he did catch the ball seemed he had no idea what to do.

Pinkston as a rookie ten catches 181 yards no tds 27% catch rate🤢

Hightower 10 catches 167 yards no tds 35% catch rate.

Very similar levels of futility.

Hopefully hightower can turn it around he has about 15-20lbs on Pinkston so we'll see, but I like him as a Z.

31 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Hightower reminded me so much of Pinkston his rookie year 

Pinkston his rookie year looked scared and lost and scared of contact, second year I think he adjusted to the speed of the game and had a better second season with over 500 yards then 3rd year looked good going over 700 and 7 tds.

Hightower played the same way last year, he just looked lost and over whelmed and scared of contact.

Hopefully he can come back a bit stronger physically and mentally and show out, he runs good routes and showed the ability to beat corners deep he just didn't know what to do when he best them and if he did catch the ball seemed he had no idea what to do.

Pinkston as a rookie ten catches 181 yards no tds 27% catch rate🤢

Hightower 10 catches 167 yards no tds 35% catch rate.

Very similar levels of futility.

Hopefully hightower can turn it around he has about 15-20lbs on Pinkston so we'll see, but I like him as a Z.

Definitely! Jason avant- did say his concentration drops were due to him being afraid of getting hit. It’s one of those things he will have to accept. Devonta Smith said in his interview with NBC, "You are going to get hit whether you catch it or not so you might as well catch it.” 

didn’t like the drops but I do like the potential with Hightower 

15 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

Definitely! Jason avant- did say his concentration drops were due to him being afraid of getting hit. It’s one of those things he will have to accept. Devonta Smith said in his interview with NBC, "You are going to get hit whether you catch it or not so you might as well catch it.” 

didn’t like the drops but I do like the potential with Hightower 

Yup like his potential as well, he's got nice height to speed ratio and can run routes he just needs to get tougher, get some dog in him.

Troy vincent after Pinkstons rookie season really lit Into him at practice telling him they needed him to step up and Pinkston got better, I'm not sure whose going to push hightower, maybe Smith, either way it's sink or swim time for hightower.

5 hours ago, CouchKing said:

Grimes is big, but maybe not fast. Seems like a playmaker to me.

I hope to hell that Grimes turns into something, and the Johnson connection site helps. But we might have found ourselves an early candidate for the Nasty Nate Award

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Buffalo OG Kayode Awosika also signed.  First post updated.  

Nice pickup. T in college but def a G at NFL level. 

How in the world are we still not connected to a CB UDFA? Even if we sign a vet it's a pretty lame competition right now

4 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

How in the world are we still not connected to a CB UDFA? Even if we sign a vet it's a pretty lame competition right now

Steven Nelson is still available. But I truly think they’re gonna give McPhearson every chance to win the CB2 job. They seemed pumped as hell to get him. 

We could put ourselves in a position to get Derek Stingley next year which would be amazeballs. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Steven Nelson is still available. But I truly think they’re gonna give McPhearson every chance to win the CB2 job. They seemed pumped as hell to get him. 

You can't go into camp with McPhearson as your starter.  That would be insane. But I was even talking about the rest of the depth. James, Jacquet are guys that should be on the outside looking for a roster spot. Not guys who are penciled in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

You can't go into camp with McPhearson as your starter.  That would be insane. But I was even talking about the rest of the depth. James, Jacquet are guys that should be on the outside looking for a roster spot. Not guys who are penciled in.

I say sign Nelson or Garson Conley and he and Zech battle it out for CB2 in camp. 

2 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I say sign Nelson or Garson Conley and he and Zech battle it out for CB2 in camp. 

Agreed, they need to get a guy to pencil as starter for Zech to at least push. And they really need another young to at least push. the Jacuqet's for a roster spot.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Agreed, they need to get a guy to pencil as starter for Zech to at least push. And they really need another young to at least push. the Jacuqet's for a roster spot.

I would definitely bring Olaijah Griffin in as a UDFA. He’s the best of what’s left. I think they’re also going to pay attention to cuts and maybe even try to trade Zach. There’s still some older vets on the FA market as well like Sherman, McCourty, etc who could be bandaids until we can get Derek freaking Stingley next year. Lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I would definitely bring Olaijah Griffin in as a UDFA. He’s the best of what’s left. I think they’re also going to pay attention to cuts and maybe even try to trade Zach. There’s still some older vets on the FA market as well like Sherman, McCourty, etc who could be bandaids until we can get Derek freaking Stingley next year. Lol

Yeah Howie said we'll do something. But that could be tonight or 3 months from now.  We're also towards the top of the waiver claim list which could be used for the 5th spot at the last moment but not the starter

1 hour ago, pgcd3 said:

Yeah Howie said we'll do something. But that could be tonight or 3 months from now.  We're also towards the top of the waiver claim list which could be used for the 5th spot at the last moment but not the starter

I think there are 4-5 solid pickups on the market right now as bandaids:

Steven Nelson

Gareon Conley

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Sherman

Jason McCourty

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I think there are 4-5 solid pickups on the market right now as bandaids:

Steven Nelson

Gareon Conley

Bashaud Breeland

Richard Sherman

Jason McCourty

Does Dennard have anything left?

12 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Does Dennard have anything left?

Probably more than McCourty. Lol. I think Nelson or Conley are at least younger choices (28 and 26 respectively). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Probably more than McCourty. Lol. I think Nelson or Conley are at least younger choices (28 and 26 respectively). 

I'd like to see them bring in Conley. At 26 he's still at a good age, I think bring him in on a cheap 2 year contract and see what he can do. He's a talented player for sure. 

On 5/1/2021 at 10:34 PM, Han Solo said:

Defensive backs should be lining up to sign here

I find it unbelievable that we didn't draft a CB in the 2nd round. CB is the last position that you want to man with bargain basement talent.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:58 PM, Road to Victory said:

Hightower showed nothing last year. Sure, he’s fast

Hightower is another example of Howie drafting a guy based on his 40 time. 

Fast is relative, while 4.43 may be fast to you and I, it's not fast to 4.3something corners.

I'm wondering if the lack of activity in signing UDFAs is related to the COVID-related restrictions put in place by the NFL and NFLPA where teams taking a full roster of 90 to camp would have to proceed with a split squad (they were only allowed a single squad if taking 80 or less).  If those restrictions are still in place, then signing UDFAs with guaranteed money in their contracts only makes a bad cap situation even worse if we'd want to proceed with a single squad (I know I would, especially considering it is the first year under a new coaching staff trying to implement new schemes).  

• Like 1

This is the latest I can remember the Eagles not officially announcing their UDFas