Mlodj

The 2020 Corona Thread

41 minutes ago, SPIDER-MAN said:

Probably the greatest idea Donnie Jr. will ever have.

Yeah, I have a feeling he didn't quite think that one through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ishlib scum being scummy:

These people are beneath contempt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yeah, I have a feeling he didn't quite think that one through.

I see where you went wrong

• Haha 2

https://apnews.com/article/health-new-york-coronavirus-pandemic-nyc-state-wire-56cb410366f66297c378d5ba244dba5a

About 57% of New Yorkers are fully vaccinated, with vaccination rates lowest in rural counties as well as in the Bronx and Brooklyn.

The rise in cases is happening at a faster and steadier pace now than it did last fall before anyone was vaccinated.

Screenshot_20210801-230600_Chrome.jpg

FB_IMG_1627876628866.jpg

COVID is spreading with the variant and non-vaccinated people not wearing masks and going out. Returning to "normal" makes sense with high vaccination rates but still too many not vaxxed. 

My brother-in-law and his wife in California are vaccinated and got COVID and have some harsh flu symptoms but recovering. Would be worse without vaccine. 

Last Sun my wife & son were at a neighbor kid's birthday party.  Tues my 8 year old son was feeling sick. Wed the birthday party kid's mom tells us they all have COVID. The adults vaxxed, the kids flu symptoms. My wife and son tested positive for COVID. I am fully vaxxed, have had no symptoms at all. Son minor cold symptoms, wife kinda miserable but just flu like symptoms. She was going to get vaxxed but now has to wait 90 days.

I have a poor immune system and normally get sick easier. I'm so glad I got fully vaxxed. I probably would be pretty sick. I have been 100% feeling fine and taking care of them.

Everyone should get vaxxed to protect and lessen the effects if exposed. I realize it's evolving and the politicians change ideas about mandates. But I know a lot of people in health care and work for a health care company and medical professionals say get vaxxed. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

COVID is spreading with the variant and non-vaccinated people not wearing masks and going out. Returning to "normal" makes sense with high vaccination rates but still too many not vaxxed. 

My brother-in-law and his wife in California are vaccinated and got COVID and have some harsh flu symptoms but recovering. Would be worse without vaccine. 

Last Sun my wife & son were at a neighbor kid's birthday party.  Tues my 8 year old son was feeling sick. Wed the birthday party kid's mom tells us they all have COVID. The adults vaxxed, the kids flu symptoms. My wife and son tested positive for COVID. I am fully vaxxed, have had no symptoms at all. Son minor cold symptoms, wife kinda miserable but just flu like symptoms. She was going to get vaxxed but now has to wait 90 days.

I have a poor immune system and normally get sick easier. I'm so glad I got fully vaxxed. I probably would be pretty sick. I have been 100% feeling fine and taking care of them.

Everyone should get vaxxed to protect and lessen the effects if exposed. I realize it's evolving and the politicians change ideas about mandates. But I know a lot of people in health care and work for a health care company and medical professionals say get vaxxed. 

Damn sorry to hear that man.  Glad that you’re feeling good! Hope your son and wife start feeling back to normal very soon!

• Like 2

Work went back to masks for everyone today

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

That sucks.   I hope they feel better soon.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Work went back to masks for everyone today

Yeah, that's about to be the norm. Also wondering how much of an "outlier" Israel's numbers are. Seems like an awfully lot of vaccinated people are getting COVID.

4 minutes ago, Paul852 said:

Yeah, that's about to be the norm. Also wondering how much of an "outlier" Israel's numbers are. Seems like an awfully lot of vaccinated people are getting COVID.

What numbers are you seeing that contradict the results from Israel?

2 minutes ago, Toastrel said:

People in dug in positions have trouble with this one but it is super important.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NOTW said:

Hope you feel better soon man. 

About a quarter of the people in the grocery store were wearing masks this past weekend. I haven't seen a mask at the store in months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnSnowsHair said:

Hope you feel better soon man. 

About a quarter of the people in the grocery store were wearing masks this past weekend. I haven't seen a mask at the store in months.

yeah...the wife & i started wearing masks again at stores even though we're both vaccinated.  

• Like 1

I don’t wear a mask anymore.  F that.  I’m too into my freedumb.

Some folks look better with the mask on though

:whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

In all seriousness I realize breakthrough Covid is a thing and I’m worried about it.  But as a vaccinated person I’m kind of like whatever at this point.  The unvaccinated are out there playing Russian roulette though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

In all seriousness I realize breakthrough Covid is a thing and I’m worried about it.  But as a vaccinated person I’m kind of like whatever at this point.  The unvaccinated are out there playing Russian roulette though.

I feel, at this point there is no way you will live the rest of your lifetime without contracting COVID. It may be this year, or next, or later, but at some point you will get the virus.... So do you want to face it with or without the vaccination?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NOTW said:

Stay well and I hope everybody feels better soon. Keep in quarantine, post on EMB all day if you have to, and I hope there's something good on TV to pass the time.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

lol @ "russian roulette"

Look at it, Dave. Don't look away:

image.thumb.png.f61eb7b71af07ff5776f3336f8c4dcf5.png

I’d like to know how they can say the delta variant makes up x% of the new cases when the tests don’t tell you which variant you have, only that you’re positive or negative.  Unless they’re sending every test to a lab to be looked at under a microscope….which they don’t.  

1 minute ago, Kz! said:

lol @ "russian roulette"

Look at it, Dave. Don't look away:

image.thumb.png.f61eb7b71af07ff5776f3336f8c4dcf5.png

I’m not even talking about surviving. Why would you spend a week or two in the hospital when you could get a readily available vaccine? That’s not smart, Kz.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DrPhilly said:

What numbers are you seeing that contradict the results from Israel?

None. I've seen several people try to write it off as an outlier.