Travis Fulgham

Procus

On 5/9/2021 at 6:09 PM, Madriver said:

He won me over as the season went along. I believe the guy has talent.

A younger, more innovative coaching staff is just what a guy like him needs IMO.

They don't need innovative coaching.  They need smart coaching.   Using players to their strengths, not re-inventing the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just basically read 2 million different "I heard that"... or.... "rumor has it".... and nobody really knows what happened to him. Here is what happened to him- the same thing that happened to other players who should have played, but DOUG was too stupid and stubborn to roll with them. Even Mr. Sanders will tell you how stupid and stubborn Doug was when it came to crap like that. Doug gave up on TF too soon. Just like he gave up fully using Sanders every game. Just like giving up on Boston Scott at the wrong times. I could go on and on. Glad that doofus is gone. And don't give that SB coach BS- it was Reich who got Foles to play the way he played, not Doug. Reich won that SB, not doofus breath. Fulgham will thrive under this coach. Book it.

Pederson decided to give a recovering Alshon Jeffries more snaps and they came from Fulgham.  All these rumors of why his production fell off....well, you can't catch a ball if it's not being thrown to you. 

Nobody should evaluate the young WRs based on last year.......Pedersen, Wentz and the offensive line sucked last year.  

Fulgham, JJAW, Ward, Hightower, Watkins and all the practice squad guys will be vying for the 4 spots left behind Smith and Reagor.

Tells me all I really need to know. Fulgham's snap counts were reduced thanks in large part to Jeffery, but also a couple weeks of Hightower. They only started to rise again in week 17.

image.thumb.png.59d451b4be6164b242d0424307737bb9.png

3 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

Pederson decided to give a recovering Alshon Jeffries more snaps and they came from Fulgham.  All these rumors of why his production fell off....well, you can't catch a ball if it's not being thrown to you. 

Nobody should evaluate the young WRs based on last year.......Pedersen, Wentz and the offensive line sucked last year.  

Fulgham, JJAW, Ward, Hightower, Watkins and all the practice squad guys will be vying for the 4 spots left behind Smith and Reagor.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

Tells me all I really need to know. Fulgham's snap counts were reduced thanks in large part to Jeffery, but also a couple weeks of Hightower. They only started to rise again in week 17.

image.thumb.png.59d451b4be6164b242d0424307737bb9.png

The Jeffery thing is an overstatement - the first 2 weeks Jeffery was back, Fulgham basically played all the snaps and didn't do anything. Fact he lost snaps to Hightower says it all.

There were rumours about his work ethic/route running etc. But regardless let's see what he can do this year - he'll get his opportunity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

The Jeffery thing is an overstatement - the first 2 weeks Jeffery was back, Fulgham basically played all the snaps and didn't do anything. Fact he lost snaps to Hightower says it all.

There were rumours about his work ethic/route running etc. But regardless let's see what he can do this year - he'll get his opportunity.

There are always rumors surrounding this team. Regardless of that it is a fact that his snap counts were reduced for 5 straight weeks due to primarily Alshon, but also two weeks of Hightower. It really isn't an overstatement.

13 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Well, Nobody did anything in those 1st 2 games Jeffrey was back.......by then, Wentz was throwing to TEs and RBs.....Snaps are one thing, not getting the ball thrown to you is another.

As I said, nobody should be evaluating WRs from last year......bad coaching and horrible QB play.

Fulgham, JJAW, Ward, Hightower and Watkins will all get good looks and opportunities in camp and preseason.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Devaster said:

There are always rumors surrounding this team. Regardless of that it is a fact that his snap counts were reduced for 5 straight weeks due to primarily Alshon, but also two weeks of Hightower. It really isn't an overstatement.

1 minute ago, birdman#12 said:

Well, Nobody did anything in those 1st 2 games Jeffrey was back.......by then, Wentz was throwing to TEs and RBs.....Snaps are one thing, not getting the ball thrown to you is another.

As I said, nobody should be evaluating WRs from last year......bad coaching and horrible QB play.

Fulgham, JJAW, Ward, Hightower and Watkins will all get good looks and opportunities in camp and preseason.  

Fulgham had 12 targets in those 2 games and had 2 catches for 16 yards, so he was getting opportunities. 

But yeah Wentz was playing really badly and the line was a turnstile. 

Absolutely - let's see what we have with him this year and hope he can get close to that 5 game stretch where he dominated.

I think we know what we have with Ward. Hoping some of the others step up behind Smith and Reagor. Fulgham and Watkins showed the most promise last year.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Fulgham had 12 targets in those 2 games and had 2 catches for 16 yards, so he was getting opportunities. 

Absolutely - let's see what we have with him this year and hope he can get close to that 5 game stretch where he dominated.

I think we know what we have with Ward. Hoping some of the others step up behind Smith and Reagor. Fulgham and Watkins showed the most promise last year.

I'm anxious to see what Sirianni does with the WRs.....he's known to move them all over the place and get alot out of young guys.....I think these WRs have talent and I hope Sirianni can get the most out of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think between Fulgham, Smith, Hightower, Watkins, Reagor, and Ward, as long as Smith and 1-2 other guys pan out I’m content. If it’s Hightower and not Fulgham, or Fulgham and not Reagor... as long as it’s somebody.

1 hour ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Don't know how many times this has to brought up for F sakes. Fulgham simply wasn't producing anymore for what ever reasons it wasn't for effing snap counts 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Don't know how many times this has to brought up for F sakes. Fulgham simply wasn't producing anymore for what ever reasons it wasn't for effing snap counts 

That can certainly be true. But the fact that his snaps were reduced doesn't help. Snaps are opportunities and his opportunities went way down in the 2nd half of the season.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Look at the 2 game Manchester pointed out.....NOBODY was catching anything.....the TEs and RBs were getting the most looks.

Reagor had a ton of snaps in those 2 games and caught 3-4 passes.  It was clear that Wentz either lost confidence in his arm, his WRs or at that point, was dumping to avoid sacks.  Fulgham was not the only guy to be unproductive in those games.......

We all know how inaccurate Wentz was too......Geez, to say Fulgham just wasn't producing anymore is pretty narrow minded.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Reagor had a ton of snaps in those 2 games and caught 3-4 passes.  It was clear that Wentz either lost confidence in his arm, his WRs or at that point, was dumping to avoid sacks.  Fulgham was not the only guy to be unproductive in those games.......

Wentz absolutely lost trust in his WRs. He just wouldn't let the passes go to his WRs.

1 hour ago, Devaster said:

That can certainly be true. But the fact that his snaps were reduced doesn't help. Snaps are opportunities and his opportunities went way down in the 2nd half of the season.

They were still higher than Jeffrey

27 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Look at the 2 game Manchester pointed out.....NOBODY was catching anything.....the TEs and RBs were getting the most looks.

We all know how inaccurate Wentz was too......Geez, to say Fulgham just wasn't producing anymore is pretty narrow minded.

I know I was more eluding to the fact that Fulghams snaps were higher then Jeffery. That doesn't tell the whole story but, some are just flat out saying it's cause Jeffery took all his snaps. I'm not saying you but some are saying that and that is also narrow minded

58 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They were still higher than Jeffrey

They actually weren't weeks 13-16. And the point stands that Jeffery, and Hightower, ate into his snap count significantly in the 2nd half of the season. I posted the snap counts. Take a look for yourself.

29 minutes ago, Devaster said:

They actually weren't weeks 13-16. And the point stands that Jeffery, and Hightower, ate into his snap count significantly in the 2nd half of the season. I posted the snap counts. Take a look for yourself.

Yes cause Fulgham got hurt and missed a game then he completely fell out of the line up. I'm talking about the people that are saying it was immediate which it was not Fulgham was still getting significant snaps in the first 3-5  games after Jeffery's return where no one was productive. I didn't count the games after Fulgham didn't play. 

Either way I'm done arguing this because it's a new coaching staff with a new QB and new wide receivers that will end up putting Fulgham on the bench all together

On 5/13/2021 at 4:02 AM, Talonblood said:

I just basically read 2 million different "I heard that"... or.... "rumor has it".... and nobody really knows what happened to him. 

I think he made a name for himself and teams started paying attention to him and what you saw is what you have.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 10:47 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

One of the reasons is he was an unknown who played and dominated a weaker CB. After he became a known commodity and D coordinators assigned better coverage..his production was sharply reduced. But now we have a new scheme. Last year's mess is behind us. We have Smith. It is entirely possible that Fulgham can and will step up. He certainly has physical traits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2021 at 12:46 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

I don't know if people recall but Fugem wasn't as sure handed as time progressed. Dropped some catchable balls towards the end. Not sure what that was about.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, judunno said:

I don't know if people recall but Fugem wasn't as sure handed as time progressed. Dropped some catchable balls towards the end. Not sure what that was about.

Ultimately it was about occasionally a Practise Squad guy gets given a shot and has a brief patch of good games before showing why he was a practise squad guy after all.

He had a one very good game, 3 good games and 9 pretty ordinary games even for Eagles 2020 receivers and those #3 receiver numbers have been elevated to heights they don't really warrant based on a garbage set of numbers from all Eagles receivers.

I expect him to compete for a roster slot but if he's higher than #3-4 on the depth chart we have a major problem with Reagor.

1 hour ago, judunno said:

You are correct. That's also normal for WRs. Jeudy had 14 drops as a rookie. Metcalf and Lamb each dropped 9 last year. Tyreek Hill had 11.  Fulgham, according to most sources officially only had 2 drops last year. There were some contested catches he also didn't come down with late that people are lumping into the drops. 

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

You are correct. That's also normal for WRs. Jeudy had 14 drops as a rookie. Metcalf and Lamb each dropped 9 last year. Tyreek Hill had 11.  Fulgham, according to most sources officially only had 2 drops last year. There were some contested catches he also didn't come down with late that people are lumping into the drops. 

Agreed. However, he was making those contested catches during his nice little run for the most part. He faded towards the end a bit and to your point that should probably be expected as CBs start picking up on tendencies and such. We'll see how much he has improved because he will have some opportunities.

On 5/13/2021 at 4:57 PM, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes cause Fulgham got hurt and missed a game then he completely fell out of the line up.

Knowing what we do now about how much Howie (and Lurie) were meddling in the day to day and game day operations, why do I get the feeling this could have been Howie insisting on playing Jeffery more hoping to showcase him enough to try to convince a team to trade for him.