Travis Fulgham

Procus

4 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Knowing what we do now about how much Howie (and Lurie) were meddling in the day to day and game day operations, why do I get the feeling this could have been Howie insisting on playing Jeffery more hoping to showcase him enough to try to convince a team to trade for him.  

Yes with everything that came out my opinion does change on this situation a bit. I still don't think anything special is going to come from Fulgam though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Knowing what we do now about how much Howie (and Lurie) were meddling in the day to day and game day operations, why do I get the feeling this could have been Howie insisting on playing Jeffery more hoping to showcase him enough to try to convince a team to trade for him.  

Did the timing match the trade deadline?

19 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Sure! And he told him to suck before so we wouldn't notice. What a masterplan!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Yes with everything that came out my opinion does change on this situation a bit. I still don't think anything special is going to come from Fulgam though. 

Agreed on that latter part - I'm not expecting much from him (I think he's JAG).  I think he'd be fine to serve as depth if he contributes on STs - anything more we get from him would be an expected surprise.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pgcd3 said:

Good question.  I'm not sure.  

1 hour ago, Infam said:

Sure! And he told him to suck before so we wouldn't notice. What a masterplan!

Howie's genius knows no bounds!  :lol:

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

No. Jeffery was back either when the trade deadline passed or was soon passing. The deadline is week 8 or 9.

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

2 hours ago, pgcd3 said:

Trade deadline was November 3rd.  Jeffery did not play until November 15th.

14 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Thanks Mike.  Well that shoots down my theory.  :lol:

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Thanks Mike.  Well that shoots down my theory.  :lol:

I'm done trying to figure out trying to figure out last year is was a complete disaster and that's it lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Could it have been an attempt for the following year's trade deadline?

Maybe if he balled out they could've traded him this off-season rather than being cut?

On 5/6/2021 at 6:33 PM, eagle45 said:

no

LOL I came here just to look for your response

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I'm done trying to figure out trying to figure out last year is was a complete disaster and that's it lol

Exactly, can blame coach, QB, the player. Probably all but it's not worth trying to dissect at this point. Just move on

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kentwo said:

Maybe if he balled out they could've traded him this off-season rather than being cut?

Well if that was the case they are still really stupid. Nobody was giving up jack sheet for alshon 

8 hours ago, time2rock said:

I don't know who was making the decisions or even if there was an effort to play some people more than others. I think collectively, the team was trying to get everybody involved as they returned from injuries. While Wentz was still playing, it felt like he was trying to force the offense to open up. It felt like that all year. I strongly believe they felt that establishing each additional threat (upon his return) would mask the struggles and things would open up / get easier. It was definitely a "go for broke" mindset. Now Wentz is gone and so is Pederson, Schwartz, etc... The only success we were going to have last year would have been to wisely take what was there. We did everything but that. 

Fulgham sort of got caught up in the team's mess. He followed up his good month with a couple unproductive games. Other players were returning from injury and the Eagles seemed to try to force guys to have success. Honestly, nobody really did. Jason Avant looks back on 2020 with regret and stated, "We as an organization stunted Travis' growth." We only won 4 games last year and 3 of those wins happened during the "Fulgham stretch." I contend that while we had so many key injuries to not only our line, but also to the weapons (guys like Sanders, Ertz, Goedert, DJax, Reagor and obviously Jeffery) that it forced us to take what was there for a few weeks. What was there was Fulgham. As they all returned, and were reacclimated to the offense, Fulgham's playing time took a dive. We also trended back to losing football.

Some people believe Fulgham's success was a fluke. I disagree. There's plenty of video that disproves some of the claims you read here. Defenses didn't wait until after 5 productive games to start preparing for Fulgham. That's a joke. Each team usually has about 1 week to prepare for the next opponent. If they are going up against Jeffery, they prepare for Jeffery. If they are going against Fulgham, they prepare for Fulgham. He had success vs good DBs on good defenses. He ran routes well, he created separation and he came up with the catches. Then he and the offense had struggles for a couple games. Rumors began popping up speculating why his playing time decreased after the disappointing games. Regardless, I have all the confidence in the world he can replicate his success if given the opportunity. The video doesn't lie. A fluke is a guy that gets away with poor fundamentals and has short-lived success. Fulgham was a guy that had success while he was playing fundamentally well. As a young, inexperienced player. growth and maturity should only help him get better and more consistent. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kentwo said:

It just as easily could have been justification for not putting him on the PUP list or IR while he sat out for half the season on the active roster. We'll probably never know the "why" but we can conclude that it didn't end up making a positive difference. 

On 6/2/2021 at 9:50 AM, Bwestbrook36 said:

It’s not like the Eagles suddenly now have a coach capable of standing up to this FO now either. He’s here to follow those orders all the same. There’s also stuff that came out that came out on Fulgham and his practices and some pouting too. I recall him dropping a lot of passes late which showed he lacked some focus. People need to realize there’s a reason why this dude was a late round pick, and picked off the PS. It is not very often that type of player becomes some kind of elite talent. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

It’s not like the Eagles suddenly now have a coach capable of standing up to this FO now either. He’s here to follow those orders all the same. There’s also stuff that came out that came out on Fulgham and his practices and some pouting too. I recall him dropping a lot of passes late which showed he lacked some focus. People need to realize there’s a reason why this dude was a late round pick, and picked off the PS. It is not very often that type of player becomes some kind of elite talent. 

Agreed, people are just desperate for the eagles to get a superstar receiver at any cost and lose their minds if they think they didn't play some bum that in their minds could of been the next hall of Fame receiver. 

That's why you see all this Julio Jones nonsense lol

6 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Agreed, people are just desperate for the eagles to get a superstar receiver at any cost and lose their minds if they think they didn't play some bum that in their minds could of been the next hall of Fame receiver. 

That's why you see all this Julio Jones nonsense lol

In the grand scheme of it all Fulgham had a really nice four game stretch (I guess in Philly 4 games is all you need to know about a player and that’s why Fulgham is elite and Hurts is a bum... 🤦🏾‍♂️ ) and during that time he had one game of double digit receptions and one game over 100 receiving yards. His numbers after the Steelers game tailored off to be around 70-80 and his catches 5-6. I mean for the way people talk you would think he was catching 8-10 balls a game with multiple double digit touchdowns and that wasn’t close to the case. I get it though, because at the time the offense was so horrible we were clinging onto anything that was positive at that moment. Other than these four games Fulgham has only between one and two catches in games for the rest of the year. With that being the case I still would rather play Fulgham over JJAW. 

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

(I guess in Philly 4 games is all you need to know about a player and that’s why Fulgham is elite and Hurts is a bum... 🤦🏾‍♂️ )

For some stupid reason I didn't even think of it this way.... Holly hell what goes through this fan base minds lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

For some stupid reason I didn't even think of it this way.... Holly hell what goes through this fan base minds lol

Exactly! No one seems to have the patience to just let things play out anymore. Just too ready to crown someone after a small sample size. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Exactly! No one seems to have the patience to just let things play out anymore. Just too ready to crown someone after a small sample size. 

Fulgham 4 games... Could be elite it was Howie, Wentz, Doug, and whitesides fault he didn't stay elite.  

Hurts 4 games.... He sucked in college so he still sucks. 

Saying all of that I don't think either one of them amount to anything but, I'm not going to write off Hurts or Fulgham completely over 4 games. I'm more inclined to think Fulgham is the one that flops though. 

You guys crack me up. Both Hurts and Fulgham have shown they can play in the NFL and even have good games. Both players had their first NFL starts last season. Neither player is currently elite. If these guys put in the work to improve their individual skills, they can have very bright futures that could include becoming elite. They both have a long way to go and a lot of work to do. But they can both help us win games starting this season. 

I don't know why it's so hard for some fans to have a little optimism. As a rookie, Mailata allowed a sack on his very first preseason pass play and then followed that mistake by demonstrating he was learning the fundamentals quickly. There was a little Mailata-mania that happened by the end of his rookie preseason. But after being shelved by the team in his 2nd year, "reality" set in and fans determined that potential was just a mirage. Then injuries forced the team to really play him last season and he responded big time. Not only that, but he kept improving with each game. Some fans still don't want to get their hopes up. I mean, we're watching a young player grow as a professional and since he didn't win any awards, we just shrug it off? To me, Fulgham's rise is similar. What we saw was unexpected, but it was good football for those first 5 games. Then he had some struggles --- but those are so overblown around here it's funny. Look at all the posts mentioning his numerous drops, yet virtually every stat-tracking site has his 2020 drops at 2. 

I saw a guy last year that is capable of playing at a high level, but needs more experience and needs to be more consistent. I think the thing that is most interesting to me is that the team, for now, is planning to plug Smith in at Z and move Reagor to slot. I really don't now why they would be considering this unless they were pretty confident Fulgham can be the X and continue to do what he did in his first 5 starts. 

edit --- it never fails. Post a little optimism and people around here can't figure it out ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

10 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

9 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Fulgham 4 games... Could be elite it was Howie, Wentz, Doug, and whitesides fault he didn't stay elite.  

Hurts 4 games.... He sucked in college so he still sucks. 

Saying all of that I don't think either one of them amount to anything but, I'm not going to write off Hurts or Fulgham completely over 4 games. I'm more inclined to think Fulgham is the one that flops though. 

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

You guys crack me up. Both Hurts and Fulgham have shown they can play in the NFL and even have good games. Both players had their first NFL starts last season. Neither player is currently elite. If these guys put in the work to improve their individual skills, they can have very bright futures that could include becoming elite. They both have a long way to go and a lot of work to do. But they can both help us win games starting this season. 

I don't know why it's so hard for some fans to have a little optimism. As a rookie, Mailata allowed a sack on his very first preseason pass play and then followed that mistake by demonstrating he was learning the fundamentals quickly. There was a little Mailata-mania that happened by the end of his rookie preseason. But after being shelved by the team in his 2nd year, "reality" set in and fans determined that potential was just a mirage. Then injuries forced the team to really play him last season and he responded big time. Not only that, but he kept improving with each game. Some fans still don't want to get their hopes up. I mean, we're watching a young player grow as a professional and since he didn't win any awards, we just shrug it off? To me, Fulgham's rise is similar. What we saw was unexpected, but it was good football for those first 5 games. Then he had some struggles --- but those are so overblown around here it's funny. Look at all the posts mentioning his numerous drops, yet virtually every stat-tracking site has his 2020 drops at 2. 

I saw a guy last year that is capable of playing at a high level, but needs more experience and needs to be more consistent. I think the thing that is most interesting to me is that the team, for now, is planning to plug Smith in at Z and move Reagor to slot. I really don't now why they would be considering this unless they were pretty confident Fulgham can be the X and continue to do what he did in his first 5 starts. 

edit --- it never fails. Post a little optimism and people around here can't figure it out ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I think with Fulgham he had a great 5 game stretch but then had 2 games where he was playing all the snaps but had 2 catches for 14 yards. That's what caused him to lose snaps, not Jeffery coming back. After all Doug was fighting for his job and I'm not buying this forced to play Jeffery.

Having said that, let's see what he can do. I'm open minded to Fulgham. I think Smith is capable of playing the X but if Fulgham can earn snaps there then great.

On 6/4/2021 at 8:30 AM, ManchesterEagle said:

I think with Fulgham he had a great 5 game stretch but then had 2 games where he was playing all the snaps but had 2 catches for 14 yards. That's what caused him to lose snaps, not Jeffery coming back. After all Doug was fighting for his job and I'm not buying this forced to play Jeffery.

Having said that, let's see what he can do. I'm open minded to Fulgham. I think Smith is capable of playing the X but if Fulgham can earn snaps there then great.

Fulgham really had a good four game stretch. He only caught two passes in the 49ers game. Other than the four game stretch the rest of his games he had only one or two catches some he had no receptions. Outside of that first five games he never caught a touchdown. Truth is if Fulgham were still playing at a high level he probably doesn’t come out as much as he did. His play started to decline to coincide with guys getting healthy. Reagor, Jackson, and Jeffery all came back around this time, and a lot more players meant more people got opportunities, but Fulgham wasn’t playing as good as he was earlier in the season either. When it comes to Fulgham I believe he should get an opportunity to earn a roster spot, but I again come back to the fact this guy was drafted late, and he was basically cut and put on the PS by the Lions. It isn’t often a team finds some kind of elite talent out of that situation. More often than not these guys show spurts and then fizzle out. I still think he’s shown more to earn an opportunity with the Eagles than JJAW has though. Just like Corey Clement and Boston Scott people just crowned these guys as great after a small sample size. The more they played the more we saw their lack of talent.