Travis Fulgham

Procus

7 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Fulgham really had a good four game stretch. He only caught two passes in the 49ers game. Other than the four game stretch the rest of his games he had only one or two catches some he had no receptions. Outside of that first five games he never caught a touchdown. Truth is if Fulgham were still playing at a high level he probably doesn’t come out as much as he did. His play started to decline to coincide with guys getting healthy. Reagor, Jackson, and Jeffery all came back around this time, and a lot more players meant more people got opportunities, but Fulgham wasn’t playing as good as he was earlier in the season either. When it comes to Fulgham I believe he should get an opportunity to earn a roster spot, but I again come back to the fact this guy was drafted late, and he was basically cut and put on the PS by the Lions. It isn’t often a team finds some kind of elite talent out of that situation. More often than not these guys show spurts and then fizzle out. I still think he’s shown more to earn an opportunity with the Eagles than JJAW has though. Just like Corey Clement and Boston Scott people just crowned these guys as great after a small sample size. The more they played the more we saw their lack of talent. 

Many NFL rosters are full of undrafted FA’s. And there are plenty of examples of practice squad guys becoming starters for other teams because a team with too deep a roster at that position can’t keep the player around on their PS. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devaster said:

Many NFL rosters are full of undrafted FA’s. And there are plenty of examples of practice squad guys becoming starters for other teams because a team with too deep a roster at that position can’t keep the player around on their PS. 

Being a starter for a small period of time is one thing, but becoming a consistent all pro is another matter all to itself. Overall people are overvaluing Fulgham. He had a decent 4 games, but he’s hardly irreplaceable. 

8 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Being a starter for a small period of time is one thing, but becoming a consistent all pro is another matter all to itself. Overall people are overvaluing Fulgham. He had a decent 4 games, but he’s hardly irreplaceable. 

He could easily become the team's #2 or #3 receiver long-term. UDFA's do that for plenty of teams. I don't think he should be dismissed quite as easily as you have done considering the 4 game stretch he had and what he had shown on tape. He is worth a much longer look. And hopefully he will get it. The Eagles don't have much quality depth at receiver behind the newly drafted Smith and Reagor from last season. And Reagor is still a giant question mark considering how his rookie season went and his college production. I'd be leaning heavily on Fulgham as the #2 this season until he shows last season was really a fluke.

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that Smith, Reagor, and Ward are locks to make the roster. The Eagles aren't going to give up on their 1st round WRs, and Ward fit the role of the reliable slot, 3rd down, go-to WR for Jalen Hurts. They had pretty good chemistry last year and obviously Hurts knows Smith from his time at Alabama. Reagor should improve in his second year.

Fulgham, Hightower, Watkins, Grimes, and JJAW are basically fighting for 2-3 remaining roster spots at WR IMO.

Here's what I predict for the opening day regular season depth chart:

XWR: Devonta Smith / Travis Fulgham

ZWR: Jalen Reagor / John Hightower

SWR: Greg Ward / Quez Watkins

Practice squad: Trevon Grimes

I wouldn't pencil in Ward to the #3 position quite yet. I think he is far more likely to end up the #4 or 5 option and potentially be on the bubble.

18 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

"Becoming a consistent all-pro" is a path to the HOF and is very rare --- even for high 1st round draft picks. People may be overvaluing Fulgham, but people may be undervaluing him as well. Why do the negative arguments often mention something like, "There's a reason why he lasted until round 6 and then didn't stick in Detroit and Green Bay..." ? I mean, there is a reason and it's probably because both those teams had him in practice situations on 2nd and 3rd string offenses. We don't know what he showed them compared to what the guys they chose did. We do know that injuries gave him an opportunity here and he showed he can play well at the NFL level. His 1st five games went well. Then he struggled a bit. So clearly, he could be more consistent. The thing is, we act like that never happened to guys like DJax (in his first stint here). He would be terriffic for a few games and then completely disappear in a big game against a good team. 

The difference between some highly touted draft prospects and some late round / priority FA prospects may just be a little time. Raheem Mostert didn't make our team. He bounced around early and since then, only injuries have kept him from being a stud HB. Alejandro Villanueva didn't get the same opportunity here (we had him at DT) as he was given in Pittsburgh, where he became a Pro Bowl OT. Those are just 2 of the many examples where it's all about opportunity. You don't just write a player off because of how he arrived. Fulgham can absolutely do the good things he did last year again. Imagine how much more effective he can be if the players he's out there with are the players that can do their jobs well (as opposed to the many guys filling in for injured starters on offense while he played in 2020).

When I talk about Fulgham, I'm a little excited because of the things he actually did do in actual NFL regular season games. Take a guy like Jason Huntley who was drafted #172 (Fulgham was #184 a year earlier by the same team)... He and Fulgham had a very similar path to the Eagles' roster. Why am I not praising Huntley like I do Fulgham? Because he's much more of an unknown and hasn't really done anything remarkable in a game. Fulgham has. I'm not about to write off the only player on our offense last year that had more than one good game in a row, that actually provided a spark, that actually came up clutch in our wins. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brkmsn said:

"Becoming a consistent all-pro" is a path to the HOF and is very rare --- even for high 1st round draft picks. People may be overvaluing Fulgham, but people may be undervaluing him as well. Why do the negative arguments often mention something like, "There's a reason why he lasted until round 6 and then didn't stick in Detroit and Green Bay..." ? I mean, there is a reason and it's probably because both those teams had him in practice situations on 2nd and 3rd string offenses. We don't know what he showed them compared to what the guys they chose did. We do know that injuries gave him an opportunity here and he showed he can play well at the NFL level. His 1st five games went well. Then he struggled a bit. So clearly, he could be more consistent. The thing is, we act like that never happened to guys like DJax (in his first stint here). He would be terriffic for a few games and then completely disappear in a big game against a good team. 

The difference between some highly touted draft prospects and some late round / priority FA prospects may just be a little time. Raheem Mostert didn't make our team. He bounced around early and since then, only injuries have kept him from being a stud HB. Alejandro Villanueva didn't get the same opportunity here (we had him at DT) as he was given in Pittsburgh, where he became a Pro Bowl OT. Those are just 2 of the many examples where it's all about opportunity. You don't just write a player off because of how he arrived. Fulgham can absolutely do the good things he did last year again. Imagine how much more effective he can be if the players he's out there with are the players that can do their jobs well (as opposed to the many guys filling in for injured starters on offense while he played in 2020).

When I talk about Fulgham, I'm a little excited because of the things he actually did do in actual NFL regular season games. Take a guy like Jason Huntley who was drafted #172 (Fulgham was #184 a year earlier by the same team)... He and Fulgham had a very similar path to the Eagles' roster. Why am I not praising Huntley like I do Fulgham? Because he's much more of an unknown and hasn't really done anything remarkable in a game. Fulgham has. I'm not about to write off the only player on our offense last year that had more than one good game in a row, that actually provided a spark, that actually came up clutch in our wins. 

I’m not writing Fulham off, but I think it’s way too soon for people to think this guy will be great. He showed some bright spots last year, but he also had some struggles as well. I certainly think he did enough to get a chance to make this team, but I’m not as sold on him as others are. I need to see more and consistency. 

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not writing Fulham off, but I think it’s way too soon for people to think this guy will be great. He showed some bright spots last year, but he also had some struggles as well. I certainly think he did enough to get a chance to make this team, but I’m not as sold on him as others are. I need to see more and consistency. 

But are you sold on the later round WR draft picks from last season over him? Or Ward over him? Fans fell in love with Ward because he was the only healthy WR we had at one point and could catch some passes. I feel like fans fall in love easier with players drafted by the team vs FA's and players poached off another team's PS. Players arrive with the team in all sorts of situations. Many just need to get the chance and then consistently work hard. Cris Carter bounced around the Eagles and the PS before going on to a HoF career with the Vikings. Happens all the time in the NFL. Of course not all are HoF success stories, but many end up being quality depth or quality starters.

2 hours ago, Devaster said:

But are you sold on the later round WR draft picks from last season over him? Or Ward over him? Fans fell in love with Ward because he was the only healthy WR we had at one point and could catch some passes. I feel like fans fall in love easier with players drafted by the team vs FA's and players poached off another team's PS. Players arrive with the team in all sorts of situations. Many just need to get the chance and then consistently work hard. Cris Carter bounced around the Eagles and the PS before going on to a HoF career with the Vikings. Happens all the time in the NFL. Of course not all are HoF success stories, but many end up being quality depth or quality starters.

I’m not sold on any of the Eagles receivers yet. What have any of them showed at this point to be sold on? Heck Reagor at this point looks like he’s closer to being a bust than he is to being great. I’d take Fulgham over JJAW right now and it’s not even close and JJAW was a draft pick. On a side note CC was a 4th round draft pick who was clearly talented. His problem was his drug addiction and partying. He got released because he couldn’t get control of himself. When he did he showed his greatness. Even as an Eagles Carter showed he was talented. Not really the same situation as Fulgham. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not sold on any of the Eagles receivers yet. What have any of them showed at this point to be sold on? Heck Reagor at this point looks like he’s closer to being a bust than he is to being great. I’d take Fulgham over JJAW right now and it’s not even close and JJAW was a draft pick. On a side note CC was a 4th round draft pick who was clearly talented. His problem was his drug addiction and partying. He got released because he couldn’t get control of himself. When he did he showed his greatness. Even as an Eagles Carter showed he was talented. Not really the same situation as Fulgham. 

Glad we reached the level of comparing Fulgham to Chris Carter over 5 games lmao. They should play the Looney toons theme when you enter Tate. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Glad we reached the level of comparing Fulgham to Chris Carter over 5 games lmao. They should play the Looney toons theme when you enter Tate. 

It’s Tate where we overvalue all of our players, make rash judgments, and trade for everybody. 😂🤣😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

It was one example that easily comes to my mind. But, no, no one is comparing them, including me. You are the first to make that comparison.

Cris (not Chris) Carter had amazing hands, body control and good leaping ability. Once he got serious about his NFL career and put the work in, he more than made up for his obvious lack of speed. People here tend to be negative and it's always taboo to mention an unproven player in the same sentence with a great player, but I personally don't see what the big deal is. Players like Fulgham and Reagor have shown us some "flashes" in their first season here. Hopefully, they'll be serious about improving, put in the work and at the very least be key contributors on a winning team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

Cris (not Chris) Carter had amazing hands, body control and good leaping ability. Once he got serious about his NFL career and put the work in, he more than made up for his obvious lack of speed. People here tend to be negative and it's always taboo to mention an unproven player in the same sentence with a great player, but I personally don't see what the big deal is. Players like Fulgham and Reagor have shown us some "flashes" in their first season here. Hopefully, they'll be serious about improving, put in the work and at the very least be key contributors on a winning team.

I’m not being negative about Fulgham. Saying he’s unproven and people are expecting too much out of the guy isn’t negative. Really four games has some of you in excitement overload. It’s too early to claim he’s the next CC just as it’s too early to say he’s a bum. Let it play out. 

2 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

I’m not being negative about Fulgham. Saying he’s unproven and people are expecting too much out of the guy isn’t negative. Really four games has some of you in excitement overload. It’s too early to claim he’s the next CC just as it’s too early to say he’s a bum. Let it play out. 

Now Reagor a first round pick is in the same sentence as Fulgham lmao. Then again this is coming from the poster who defends Whiteside at all cost, so no surprise there. Let's get Paul Turner, Baily and that other tall horrible receiver back, we are missing out on  first round hall of Fame Wrs! 

34 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Now Reagor a first round pick is in the same sentence as Fulgham lmao. 

How dare I!!! 

Snap Count:

-Reagor 510

-Fulgham 552

Production:

-Reagor 31-396-1TD

-Fulgham 38-549-4TDs

Starts:

-Reagor 11

-Fulgham 8

[sarcasm]Obviously can't compare these two players --- they are clearly on different levels. [/sarcasm]. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

How dare I!!! 

Snap Count:

-Reagor 510

-Fulgham 552

Production:

-Reagor 31-396-1TD

-Fulgham 38-549-4TDs

Starts:

-Reagor 11

-Fulgham 8

[sarcasm]Obviously can't compare these two players --- they are clearly on different levels. [/sarcasm]. 

Lol, I can't disagree with your optimism. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Now Reagor a first round pick is in the same sentence as Fulgham lmao. Then again this is coming from the poster who defends Whiteside at all cost, so no surprise there. Let's get Paul Turner, Baily and that other tall horrible receiver back, we are missing out on  first round hall of Fame Wrs! 

What can you say. The man loves his Eagles receivers. 😂 

3 hours ago, brkmsn said:

How dare I!!! 

Snap Count:

-Reagor 510

-Fulgham 552

Production:

-Reagor 31-396-1TD

-Fulgham 38-549-4TDs

Starts:

-Reagor 11

-Fulgham 8

Hey if we're cherry picking statistics, Quez Watkins had 20% of the targets and snaps Fulgham had and put up 20% of the yardage and 25% of the TDs. Ergo Quez Watkins is a better red zone threat and no worse receiver than Fulgham.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Hey if we're cherry picking statistics, Quez Watkins had 20% of the targets and snaps Fulgham had and put up 20% of the yardage and 25% of the TDs. Ergo Quez Watkins is a better red zone threat and no worse receiver than Fulgham.

Really? Was I cherry picking stats? I posted stats after being mocked for not acting like Reagor  and Fulgham were on different levels as NFL players (presumably because of their draft status) and should not be compared. I posted the typical receiving stats (Receptions, yards, TDs) and threw in the snaps and game starts to make the differences in production more contextual. I'm not sure what else I was supposed to add to keep things fair. Reagor missed games with injuries and Fulgham missed games because he was on the PS. But if you want more context, Reagor did have the advantage of working with the first team offense in practice since camp through  the end of the season when he wasn't hurt, while Fulgham mostly worked with backups until weeks 5-10. 

Don't take this like I am down on Reagor. I'm not. I'm just countering the implication that Fulgham doesn't deserve to "be in the same sentence as Reagor."