Another viewpoint on Howie

Rob331

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Think about the leaders on defense.  Graham and Cox, Reid picks from before Howie was doing the drafting.  The other recent leader was Malcolm Jenkins a free agent.  When BG and Cox are gone they're left with...?

Davion Taylor.  He's going to run 22 mph.

He did draft Mailata. That brings his GPA to C-. If Smith is as good as he looks in the first game and progressing after 6 games, than C+.

10 minutes ago, Traveler Vic said:

He did draft Mailata. That brings his GPA to C-. If Smith is as good as he looks in the first game and progressing after 6 games, than C+.

My theory (just my opinion) is that in mid to later rounds Howie doesn't know the names and can't make a "splash" any more, and he's relying on the draft board set by the scouts and coaches.  I think it's why they get good linemen in later rounds because Stoutland says he wants a guy.  And in the 1st round the higher the pick the less cute he can get.  

• Like 1

Just now, NOTW said:

My theory (just my opinion) is that in mid to later rounds Howie doesn't know the names and can't make a "splash" any more, and he's relying on the draft board set by the scouts and coaches.  I think it's why they get good linemen in later rounds because Stoutland says he wants a guy.  And in the 1st round the higher the pick the less cute he can get.  

I completely agree. He falls in love with first round prospects, right or wrong, and the later rounds he defers to the scouts. 

1 hour ago, Traveler Vic said:

He drafted the entire starting OL but for Brooks.  He did sign Brooks to a contract as a free agent.