Captain F

29 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

1. But is he at the airport?

2. Honestly...no thanks 

No to Julio? Okaaaaay.

tenor.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

Beat me to it. It's looking pretty solid right now.

The only way I think this happens is if Barnett is included in the trade. 

It's probably Julio's agent fueling it.  The Eagles have a lot of picks, so it would be easy for someone to put that out there. I just don't think it makes sense for the Eagles to get him. I doubt he has more than a couple of years of elite play in him. He has had foot issues.  I think the Eagles would be better served contiuing adding youger players.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It's probably Julio's agent fueling it.  The Eagles have a lot of picks, so it would be easy for someone to put that out there. I just don't think it makes sense for the Eagles to get him. I doubt he has more than a couple of years of elite play in him. He has had foot issues.  I think the Eagles would be better served contiuing adding youger players.

Hypothetically.. If the Eagles offered them a 1 next year,  AND Atlanta agreed to pay half is money due, would you do it? 

1 hour ago, Talonblood said:

No to Julio? Okaaaaay.

tenor.gif

No capologist but I don't think it's worth the price of getting him in the door plus keeping him happy. That and I don't see this season going much of anywhere regardless so in my opinion better to save the draft assets. But that's just me

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, What The F said:

Hypothetically.. If the Eagles offered them a 1 next year,  AND Atlanta agreed to pay half is money due, would you do it? 

No, i wouldn't. I believe the Eagles are a couple years from competing, unsure if Hurts is the answer, lack players in many departments and have already invested significantly at the WR position. For those reasons an expensive 32 year old receiver doesn't make sense.

The Eagles may need the draft capital next season for a QB if Hurts doesn't work out, or patch multiple holes with new talent and could do with the cap space to fill other positions in FA.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, What The F said:

I would rather use those picks on defense or maybe one on OL. We need to develop these young WRs.  I don't think we will be a SB team this year, so it doesn't make sense to add an older FA WR especially when we have two young first rounders and some other young WRs that could develop like Watkins, Fulgham.

1 hour ago, What The F said:

The only way I might even give it the slightest thought would be if Atlanta was picking up at least half of the money and would take the Indy pick, which will be a low 1st if it becomes a 1st.

But in the end the answer would still be no.      This is a sucker play that Roseman will go for to make a splash, but it's idiotic for a rebuilding team to trade high picks for older players, especially one coming off a season hampered by injuries.          The Eagles are a long way from being competitive, and have a lot of holes to fill with other positions that have aging starters, so what sense does a move like this make?

How many productive years does Jones have?        Two, maybe three if he stays healthy?         The Eagles need to develop Smith and Reagor as the core of the WR room, and they need to add as much high end young talent as possible over the next few drafts (which might be more likely if Lurie decides to hire a real GM).        Bringing Jones in provides some moments for a team that's winning nothing in the near future, which is hardly worth sacrificing draft capital and cap space.

Having said all that, you can bank on the Eagles making this deal and giving up too much in the process.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Superbowlzzzzzzzzz

Exactly.         Hey, what are all the zzz's about?        

4 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

1. But is he at the airport?

I’m on it, I’ll let you know.

• Like 2

Oh ... but now  how will we get Watson ... ?

Why do Eagles fans believe nonsense?

• Haha 1

On 5/29/2021 at 8:58 PM, mjkvol said:

This is a sucker play that Roseman will go for to make a splash

you can bank on the Eagles making this deal and giving up too much in the process.

Have no idea why you would say that .... making a trade for Julio at 32 years old does not seem at all like Roseman’s style.  He will add 30+ players as free agents to fill a perceived hole, but I cannot recall a single trade he has made for a player over 30, and he has made a lot of trades, other than for a 30 year old Darren Sproles back in 2014, and that was just for a 5th rounder.  But I can think of a lot of trades where he has traded a 30+ year old away.

This only makes sense if we trade for Watson first, and whatever his potential suspension is going to be, is no more than 4-6 games.

• Like 1

More nonsense.  $13 million a year and a first for an aging, oft-injured WR when they’ve taken WRs with pretty much every high pick they’ve had since the Nixon administration? 

Not happening.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Beat me to it. It's looking pretty solid right now.

Why, because of an article from a 5th rate writer?  Have you seen a single piece from anybody with a track record of breaking stories like this?

So the Eagles couldn’t get a first for their younger quarterback, but they’re giving up one for an old receiver? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the Eagles couldn’t get a first for their younger quarterback, but they’re giving up one for an old receiver? 

Kyle Rittenhouse - Imgflip

• Haha 1