iTs HaPpEnInG!@# Joooolio

Captain F

9 hours ago, BayAreaLennie said:

Have no idea why you would say that .... making a trade for Julio at 32 years old does not seem at all like Roseman’s style.  He will add 30+ players as free agents to fill a perceived hole, but I cannot recall a single trade he has made for a player over 30, and he has made a lot of trades, other than for a 30 year old Darren Sproles back in 2014, and that was just for a 5th rounder.  But I can think of a lot of trades where he has traded a 30+ year old.

You could be right, but it just feels like a move Roseman would make.         I wish he would just draft difference makers like Jones so this kind of move wouldn't even be a thought.          Can't help but think about having a WR room of Metcalf, Jefferson, and Smith, although if he had taken the first two they could have passed on Smith and grabbed a corner instead - that's how you build a team through the draft.           Sucks to always see other teams build skill position groups where an older stud like Jones is expendable.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Procus said:

Why, because of an article from a 5th rate writer?  Have you seen a single piece from anybody with a track record of breaking stories like this?

Hmmm... now that you put it THAT way...

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

So the Eagles couldn’t get a first for their younger quarterback, but they’re giving up one for an old receiver? 

Odds are pretty good that they did get a 1 for their qb. 

20 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

1. But is he at the airport?

2. Honestly...no thanks 

20 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

It's probably Julio's agent fueling it.  The Eagles have a lot of picks, so it would be easy for someone to put that out there. I just don't think it makes sense for the Eagles to get him. I doubt he has more than a couple of years of elite play in him. He has had foot issues.  I think the Eagles would be better served contiuing adding youger players.

16 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Oh ... but now  how will we get Watson ... ?

Why do Eagles fans believe nonsense?

This makes zero sense.

1) We do not have the cap room.

2) We have invested heavily in the WR position in the draft.

3) Julio Jones only makes sense if you want to make a series Super Bowl run this year. We are not there. And in fact signing Julio would mean we need to get rid of Barnett and wouldn't be able to sign a competent corner.

More lazy journalism. "Eagles like WRs" "Eagles like trades" "Eagles have lots of draft picks"

This will not happen. It's possible Howie enquired at some point, but it will go no further.

I'm late but I'd be pissed if Howie traded a 1st rounder for Julio

This just isn't happening.  

Howie may not know his way around a draft table, but he does know his way around the bargaining table.  He has no history of trading #1 picks for old talent.  That's a Redskins, or Cowboys philosophy.  When was the last time Howie traded a first round pick for anyone past their first contract?

Secondly, the Eagles cannot pay Jones what he wants.  I think that's the reason Howie moved for more first round picks.  Those guys work cheap.  If you have the cap space, you can buy talent any season you want.  This is not the season we want to do this.

3 hours ago, nipples said:

Odds are pretty good that they did get a 1 for their qb. 

Bottom line is a might be first isn’t as good as a straight first. On top of that people were going on and on about how Wentz saying nothing somehow upped his value (only two teams were even interested) but here we have Jones flat out saying on live television he’s done with ATL and so many willingly want to throw a first out to get him. So much for that theory huh? 

7 hours ago, mjkvol said:

You could be right, but it just feels like a move Roseman would make.         I wish he would just draft difference makers like Jones so this kind of move wouldn't even be a thought.          Can't help but think about having a WR room of Metcalf, Jefferson, and Smith, although if he had taken the first two they could have passed on Smith and grabbed a corner instead - that's how you build a team through the draft.           Sucks to always see other teams build skill position groups where an older stud like Jones is expendable.

I don’t see even Roseman giving up a first for a 32 year old receiver coming off a down season. Roseman would rather "win the trade” than give up a first for this guy. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Bottom line is a might be first isn’t as good as a straight first. On top of that people were going on and on about how Wentz saying nothing somehow upped his value (only two teams were even interested) but here we have Jones flat out saying on live television he’s done with ATL and so many willingly want to throw a first out to get him. So much for that theory huh? 

The difference is Julio is a top 5 WR still, Wentz is a bottom 10 QB. 

19 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Oh ... but now  how will we get Watson ... ?

Why do Eagles fans believe nonsense?

We have enough picks to get both!!!  Howie is a genius 

Having a older Julio Jones on the Eagles does not let us win the big game. Very different from when we needed to sign TO as a free agent to get over the hump and get to the Super Bowl. Julio, as talented as he is/was does not allow us to win NOW.

6 hours ago, nipples said:

The difference is Julio is a top 5 WR still, Wentz is a bottom 10 QB. 

50 catches 700 yards and 5td isn’t top 5 numbers. Those are Jeremy Maclin numbers. 

Would rather have the money and develop the younger players

I haven't been in TATE a lot the last week or so. Thanks for reminding me why that was

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

50 catches 700 yards and 5td isn’t top 5 numbers. Those are Jeremy Maclin numbers. 

Just going to ignore that he accumulated those stats over only 9 games?

Jones is still a top WR when healthy. He just doesn't fit what this team needs moving forward. We need a couple seasons with more "value" players and less "top-paid" players to get our future cap under control. Contract-wise, we have exactly that with our current WR group. Anyone that actually believes the Eagles are legitimately considering this, just isn't thinking. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, RememberTheKoy said:

Howie can't help himself.  

I was afraid that dumb sheet would get involved.

The Eagles are in a position to get the train back on the track and keep it on the track for years to come, but no, this dumb sheet is willing to give away their draft capital just to finish barely above .500 for the next 2-3 years, then JJ is gone.

The Eagles will never be worth a damn as long as Howie continues to not value draft picks, it will be unbelievable stupid to give up a 1st round pick for a WR nearing the end of his career. 

5 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Jones is still a top WR when healthy. He just doesn't fit what this team needs moving forward. We need a couple seasons with more "value" players and less "top-paid" players to get our future cap under control. Contract-wise, we have exactly that with our current WR group. Anyone that actually believes the Eagles are legitimately considering this, just isn't thinking. 

^^^^^

This

5 hours ago, nipples said:

Just going to ignore that he accumulated those stats over only 9 games?

I’m just not going to ignore he’s 32 and coming off injury issues. Not worth a 1st round pick especially for a team like the Eagles who aren’t one wide receiver away from a Super Bowl. 

4 hours ago, EagleVA said:

I was afraid that dumb sheet would get involved.

The Eagles are in a position to get the train back on the track and keep it on the track for years to come, but no, this dumb sheet is willing to give away their draft capital just to finish barely above .500 for the next 2-3 years, then JJ is gone.

The Eagles will never be worth a damn as long as Howie continues to not value draft picks, it will be unbelievable stupid to give up a 1st round pick for a WR nearing the end of his career. 

Honestly, you should be mad if he wasn't involved. Whenever a player becomes available, the GM should "look into" that player. You're overreacting to an event that hasn't happened, that is so unlikely and virtually impossible due to our cap situation ... I get it ... You want to lash out at Howie, but clearly this conjecture-piece has your panties in a bunch. It's going to be very difficult for atlanta to move Jones for what they want in return because of his age and cap number. 

Howie should absolutely keep tabs on the situation. That's his job. In order for the falcons to move Jones, a three-way trade could end up being necessary. So the Eagles could be a team very much interested in the trade and not necessarily in Jones himself. Regardless, Howie's job is to be on the phone and trying to make this a better team. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Got to disagree with you there. Not because we are a star receiver away from SB-contenders, but I think having Ward as the vet receiver ain't good enough. Jones in that room would probably help both Smith and Reagor. No, I don't think a guy like Jeffery would've provided the same. There is something to learning from a star that still is playing like one.

Is that and the prospect of a few years of having him play here worth a first? Not sure, but I think it might be. We do need an X, so the fit is pretty good.

And stop talking about the cap. Just please. Stop it. 😄