iTs HaPpEnInG!@# Joooolio

Captain F

2 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

If Howie traded a 1st for Julio....he should be fired right after the PC announcing the trade

Yeah, especially since we need a CB. 

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I know it's a different position technically, but they have veteran TEs who as receiving options can also provide some of that veteran guidance.  And maybe not the type of WR veteran you'd think of, but Ward at least has a few years under his belt.  As much as I like veteran leadership, this team is young and growing together even the coaches.  DeVonta Smith seems to be mature and has leadership qualities already and came from a college team that knows how to win and is NFL ready.  I think between the leaders on the O line and TE, there's enough veteran presence in the locker room.  

Sure. With Ward and Goedert, why would we need Julio f'ing Jones. Good point.

I'm sure Julio would be thrilled to spend the last of his days playing for a rebuilding franchise. Sounds smart trading for a guy that wants to win and not waste it on another sheet team. Also what is with  the new receivers need someone to train them to be good receivers??

You guys do realize that you don't need that if you actually draft a good receiver. They don't need Julio for that they just need good coaching and already be good prospects. 

The best receivers of all time didn't become great receivers because someone else was there. 

6 hours ago, EagleVA said:

If you think Howie values drafts picks then that's OK with me, personally I don't think he does

As far as examples, there's one pointed out by @EagleTen below, look at giving away a 3rd to move up two spots in the past draft, then look at the picks he gave away to get Wentz, I could go on and on but I have better things to do.

Oh.  OK.  As long as you make statements based on feelings and not on fact.

Howie is a wheeler and dealer, but he does a great job acquiring draft selections.  What he does with them is another story.  

Since we're talking about feelings, and not fact, I thought what he did to get Wentz was pretty awesome.  From 13 to 8 for a pair of players that I can barely remember?  Kiko Alonzo, and I really forgot the other guy.  That was a pretty good move.  And then he essentially gave up a 3 and a 1 and a 2 the following year.  If theres a QB there, and you think that he could be the franchise, then you make those moves.  There isn't gonna be an Aaron Rodgers slip that far down every year.  The trades only hurt if you can't cash in on them.  In this case, the Eagles did not.  It's hard to say if they would have drafted anyone better at the 8 or 13 spot.  I don't recall the Eagles doing  that well in 2016 in general.

Howie has never mortgaged the future for old talent, so you can forget about Julio Jones coming here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

The best receivers of all time didn't become great receivers because someone else was there. 

CoughTOcoughRicecough

CoughBoldencoughFitzcough

CoughMosscoughCartercough

CoughHarrisoncoughWaynecough

6 minutes ago, What The F said:

CoughTOcoughRicecough

CoughBoldencoughFitzcough

CoughMosscoughCartercough

CoughHarrisoncoughWaynecough

Cool only one of those duos won anything and they all were on established teams ready to compete for a championship. They were all drafted or picked up in free agency by those teams as well not traded for . 

What proof so you have they only became good because of the other guy? 

Go get Julio see how much he wants to be here on a sheet team at the end of his career

Also Boldin was drafted in the 2nd round the year before Fitzgerald do doubt either one taught the other anything. 

1 hour ago, Infam said:

I was only arguing the point about veteran leadership.  If that's the reason, get a cheaper veteran. 

Getting Jones would be for talent.

4 hours ago, Vee said:

Howie is a wheeler and dealer, but he does a great job acquiring draft selections. 

This is nothing but a personal opinion, aka a feeling

On 6/1/2021 at 9:20 AM, Bacarty2 said:

Why would you want an aging WR, thats going to cost you a 1st in the middle... THE START of a rebuild. 

The joke was a "tongue in cheek" kinda thing. He is up there in age, and the direction the Eagles say they are going, it doesn't look like he'll be here.

19 hours ago, EagleVA said:

This is nothing but a personal opinion, aka a feeling

Ok.  The only word in there that was opinion was the word "great”.  

Got it.

You have to admit, after the 2016 season, with all of the Chip Kelly moves, it looked like the Eagles we’re gonna be rebuilding for a loooong time.

Even you’d have to agree, how Howie got everything turned around was "great”.  Think back to those days and tell Me you weren’t wondering how he managed some of those deals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Even you’d have to agree, how Howie got everything turned around was "great”.  Think back to those days and tell Me you weren’t wondering how he managed some of those deals?

Turned around? 

We're in worst shape now than we were when Chip was in charge. 

It's about sustainability, forget this one year wonder sheet by way of a dive into cap hell.

The only way to consistentely field a good team is by way of the draft and we've been failing there.  

Again, if your opinion has Howie being great, more power to you, as for my opinion, I think he's horrible.

52 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Turned around? 

We're in worst shape now than we were when Chip was in charge. 

It's about sustainability, forget this one year wonder sheet by way of a dive into cap hell.

The only way to consistentely field a good team is by way of the draft and we've been failing there.  

Again, if your opinion has Howie being great, more power to you, as for my opinion, I think he's horrible.

So winning a Super Bowl is to be ignored?  You’d rather return to days of Andy Reid and Joe Banner?  Playoff locks every year, but that’s all.

Im not saying Howie has been doing great at everything he does, but the guy knows how to work the phones and create trade opportunities.  I’d prefer he stay home on draft day, but he does a great job of keeping the Eagles in good shape.

I’d hardly call this cap hell.  The Eagles have this one year where they are cash strapped.  Next year, they’ll have a clean slate with a ton of cash, three first round picks to boot.  If Wentz hadnt fizzled, this wouldn’t be as bad as it is.  No risk, no reward.

You started this by assuming he had already decided to trade away a first or more for Julio.  All I’ve tried to do is demonstrate he’s not ever done anything like that in the past, so there’s no reason to assume the sky is falling now.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

You started this by assuming he had already decided to trade away a first or more for Julio.  

BS.

4 hours ago, Vee said:

Ok.  The only word in there that was opinion was the word "great”.  

Got it.

You have to admit, after the 2016 season, with all of the Chip Kelly moves, it looked like the Eagles we’re gonna be rebuilding for a loooong time.

Even Chip’s first season turned out to be somewhat of a surprise. Most people did not have them winning the division a year after firing Andy Reid. I wouldn’t count the Eagles out just yet. I still am doubting they trade for Jones though. 

On 5/31/2021 at 2:29 PM, EagleVA said:

The Howie must learn to value draft picks which he clearly doesn't, the fool is itching to trade those #1's (the team's future) for patch work players.

9 hours ago, EagleVA said:

BS.

Just read previous post.  You somehow already came to a decision that Howie was "itching" to trade #1s for patch work players.  I assumed that by patchwork, you meant Julio.

Brings me back to my original point.  Howie has had zero history trading high draft picks for old players.  That's been a Redskins philosophy, up until recently.  Howie has never subscribed to that philosophy.

52 minutes ago, Vee said:

Just read previous post.  You somehow already came to a decision that Howie was "itching" to trade #1s for patch work players.  I assumed that by patchwork, you meant Julio.

So you think "itching" means "already decided"?

Howie has the desire for attention.

31 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

Oh.  Ok.  Attention.  Got it.

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

This is just hating to hate at this point🙄

• Like 2

Why is this even still a topic? 

Julio will NOT be an Eagle. 

Close the threat down

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 9:35 PM, Talonblood said:

No to Julio? Okaaaaay.

tenor.gif

No to old injured Julio. 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:38 PM, Infam said:

It’s not Julio. It’s what is left of Julio. Might as well get randy moss and TO back. Dream team right?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

No to old injured Julio. 

It’s not Julio. It’s what is left of Julio. Might as well get randy moss and TO back. Dream team right?  

Love how people want to trade at least a second for a declining 32 year old pro bowl receiver with a big cap hit, yet also want to cut a declining 30 year old pro bowl tight end with a not quite as big cap hit.

If you want Julio, May as well keep Ertz for free.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Love how people want to trade at least a second for a declining 32 year old pro bowl receiver with a big cap hit, yet also want to cut a declining 30 year old pro bowl tight end with a not quite as big cap hit.

If you want Julio, May as well keep Ertz for free.

At any point in their perspective careers,  I'd take Julio over Ertz and pay twice as much for him.  Not even on the same planet as far as talent.  And I love Ertz. 

9 hours ago, Bacarty2 said:

Eagles are in rebuild mode. 

Trading for ANY PLAYER whos in thier 30s, declining for a first is a bad move. 

By the time this team is ready to win said player will either be retired or on his last leg

The Eagles are not in a rebuild. They’re "retooling” and frankly I don’t think they have acquired all of this draft capital in order to draft a bunch of rookies. They did it to use for mostly trade purposes. They didn’t want to trade Wentz. They’re still kicking the can down the line and most importantly they’re signing a bunch of veterans on prove it deals. It seems to me like they’re basically trying to recreate 2016-2017.